[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks Vs. Seattle Krakens, Climate Pledge Arena, September 28, @ 7PM PST, Preseason Game #3

Truefan99

Who will win?  

122 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/29/2023 at 01:59 AM

13 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

There is absolutely nothing wrong with commentators getting fans excited about hockey.  That's their job.

Especially with their broadcasters perhaps knowing a bunch of us were relying on their feeds because our management can’t be bothered to provide us a feed - pardon my old French - but fuck yeah sock it to us in those moments so long as we get coverage FFS 🛀 🤦‍♀️ 

2 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

DeSmith looked sharp last night. I'm liking our net this season. 

I’m liking the defence too, minus Myers. I hope Irwin plays better though or I will lump him in with Myers too. Blueger really stood out up front for me. Very impressed with him.

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, Snoop Hogg said:

I’m liking the defence too, minus Myers. I hope Irwin plays better though or I will lump him in with Myers too. Blueger really stood out up front for me. Very impressed with him.

Myers as the 7th dman is becoming a possibility..

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Snoop Hogg said:

Agree. I think our D wil only get better. It's still way too early. Tocchet likes reliable, hardworking guys like Blueger and PDG ... also think Suter wil shine too. 

• Cheers 2

46 minutes ago, Rusty Shackleford said:

Considering we played the AHL team game 1 and half of this group yesterday, this is this group's first game.  Everyone in the org has only played 1 game and Tochett has said this was their plan.  

Ready for the next 3 games, if they suck it up for those then I'll start being concerned.

RT also stressed that he isn't concerned about the score in preseason (that don't count in the standings) and want's them to focus on a system and playing the right way (old habits can take time to remove)

I think by the last 2 pre season games he will want wins out of his set lineup

While we haven't iced our full team yet, for the 1st time in years, I am not as worried as before

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, EB43 said:

Myers as the 7th dman is becoming a possibility..

I'll say it again.  Dumping Kyle Burroughs, the second in hits last year after Schenn, one of our best puck movers that both Boudreau and Tocchet put with Hughes more and more as a fill in, at a 1.1 cap hit (San Jose), when we still need more physicality, was one of the dumbest decisions management has made since the Stillman mistake.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Tocchet said games 4-6 will look more like the regular roster. The first three are easing everyone in while seeing which young guys can step up. 

I still think the preseason should be more about the regulars coming together ... and hopefully they do starting next game.

I agree. We already know guys like Bains aren't there yet. But I think Brisebois should get a good, long look (late-bloomer, and has looked terrific). 

Edited by Herberts Vasiljevs
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

I agree. We already know guys like Bains aren't there yet. But I think Brisebois should get a good, long look (late-bloomer, and has looked terrific). 

Bains needs another year in the AHL however he has really impressed me. 

Bains, Sasson, Raty, and Karlsson are gonna be callup options very soon. 

• Cheers 3

3 away preseason games where we have been dressing mostly ahlers while the oppositions have been dressing their top 3 lines plus top 2 pairs and Canucks fans are already complaining. Please give at least 5 if not ONE regular season game before you start complaining.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, kilgore said:

I'll say it again.  Dumping Kyle Burroughs, the second in hits last year after Schenn, one of our best puck movers that both Boudreau and Tocchet put with Hughes more and more as a fill in, at a 1.1 cap hit (San Jose), when we still need more physicality, was one of the dumbest decisions management has made since the Stillman mistake.

You mean (obviously) the mistake trading Stillman!? I agree, he was captain material. 

• Haha 1

Just now, EB43 said:

You mean (obviously) the mistake trading Stillman!? I agree, he was captain material. 

What a terrible trade it was to acquire him. I really wanted to like the guy, but he was awful in his end.

This management has made some good moves, but some bad acquisitions as well. The bad acquisitions so far haven't hurt the Canucks.