[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks Vs. Seattle Krakens, Climate Pledge Arena, September 28, @ 7PM PST, Preseason Game #3

Truefan99

Who will win?  

122 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/29/2023 at 01:59 AM

2 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

Trading Beauvillier instead of Garland makes way too much sense 

Everyone who reacted to this is short-sighted. Why do we need to trade either one of them?

They are both cheap for the offense they produce. Both have upside potential.

Both are young compared to when the Naslund/Bertuzzi/Morrison line took off. Like 3 or 4 years younger.

39 minutes ago, kilgore said:

...dumbest decisions management has made since the Stillman mistake.

What?

The Dickinson and the 2nd for Stillman was about making space (at a time virtually no teams were taking money) to later acquire Ethan Bear. That was the long play.

Organization stated they were working on that trade with Carolina for a long time. Dickinson trade was the first move on the board to do it. We can in essence link those trades together like a 3 team trade-- it just didn't happen all at once.

And regardless of timeline it doesn't matter anyway. Less about the when  and more about what they did with the assets gained in total.

A more honest view of the trade looks more like this:

Ethan Bear, Lane Pederson, Riley Stillman (and Carolina retains 400,000 of Ethan Bear salary)

for

Jason Dickinson, 2nd rd pick, 5th round pick.

And that's pretty good.

In a vacuum, yeah sure it looks bad. But that's not really the case in reality given the circumstances.  And it would be dishonest to say it was "the dumbest trade" without taking any of that into account. Just saying.

Edited by Canuckle
spelling
  • Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Tusk said:

Everyone who reacted to this is short-sighted. Why do we need to trade either one of them?

They are both cheap for the offense they produce. Both have upside potential.

Both are young compared to when the Naslund/Bertuzzi/Morrison line took off. Like 3 or 4 years younger.

Easy, Garland is locked to a fair hit with term, Beauvillier will ask for a raise with term. 

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

Easy, Garland is locked to a fair hit with term, Beauvillier will ask for a raise with term. 

With new Beau's performance, you should be happy. He will likely sign for less on extension.  Or he will score 50 plus goals this year and you all wanna give him 20 million per year

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, PureQuickness said:

What a terrible trade it was to acquire him. I really wanted to like the guy, but he was awful in his end.

This management has made some good moves, but some bad acquisitions as well. The bad acquisitions so far haven't hurt the Canucks.

Agreed! Nothing atrocious, so far nothing that’s been a serious negative impact. 

1 hour ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

That's not really being a fan to just switch clubs because you want wins. I want this organization to have a winning team. Lol. The way they have gone about doing it is suspect. Cutting corners is a tough way to get there. They are still trying. At least this management group seems to understand the makings of a winning organization.

You make good points There’s some pessimism and some optimism here. 
Balanced and even keel. 
I like it.

2 minutes ago, Truefan99 said:

Pretty bad take here regarding Garlands cap hit. He’s getting 2.5$ million too much for what he brings to the team. 

I'm going to disagree with this.  Give Garland Boeser's ice-time and deployment and you'd definitely see more production from Garland.  Garland got a lot of points with the Coyotes on the PP and was given ample time on the top 6.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

I said I think the current management has done a good job. The owners on the other hand before Rutherford came in have bled this organization and cut corners.

why dwell on past management ship though, it happeneed and there isnt anything to do about it?, bringing up the past and complaining about it where's the response suppose to be?  we all know about it, its like like we havent been watching our favourite team for a while, i think AQ is more hands off with  jim rutherfod and patrik allvin. if you know anything i dont inform me.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Truefan99 said:

Why isn’t it true? 

He doesn’t drive the play, isn’t a good playmaker, scores inconsistently and isn’t specially good on the pk or powerplay. 

Garland is one of our Best 5 on 5 players and Beauvillier doesn’t move the needle enough anywhere for a raise and term. And it’s not even close. 

3 hours ago, Canuckle said:

You shut your whore mouth, mister.

Shorty is the best in the business.

Listen to them so happy for Marchant, still playing for Bruins after 2011. these happy shorty stuff.

Watch these calls, and then wonder if Shorthouse can ever actually be a canucks fan.

Sorry, this has to change.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Truefan99 said:

I said nothing about Beau just regarding Garland. 

Well you were replying to a post about Beau being a better trade than garland... I disagree with you Garlund is like a mighty mouse on the boards and worth his contract. Beau is also a cheap contract in the reality of things and has alot of upside.

• Cheers 1

Late comments.

1. Tocchet was pretty clear about his plan to use the first three pre-season games to get a good look at players fighting for spots and look at different possible line combinations and defensive pairings. The next three will be primarily for preparing the actual lineup to start the season, although he will no doubt continue to do some comparative evaluations of guys competing for the last couple of spots.

2. It would have great if the first three games had worked out better, but the Canucks had the weaker team on paper in all three games.

3. One thing the pre-season has emphasized is that the Canucks are not deep. But it looks like we can put together a good goalie tandem, 3 good D-pairings, and 4 pretty good line.

4. Relative to last year the goaltending will be better. And so will the D as the pairing of Cole and Hronek looks very good and capable of being a genuine shutdown pairing.  And Bluegar and Suter look like good acquisitions that will upgrade the bottom-6 center positions. McWard might be the "rookie surprise" of the pre-season, and it looks like Studnicka and Aman are two guys who really did have a "big summer". Those should all be net improvements over last year. 

I certainly expect to see better performances over the rest of the pre-season.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mordekai said:

3 away preseason games where we have been dressing mostly ahlers while the oppositions have been dressing their top 3 lines plus top 2 pairs and Canucks fans are already complaining. Please give at least 5 if not ONE regular season game before you start complaining.

Same talk as last season. It was only pre-season, nothing to worry about. Then once regular season hit we said it's only 5 games, then only 10 then it was too late.

While it's true pre-season means nothing in the standings and while the games not all NHL regulars were dressed, 3 loses and 2 goals scored is quite alarming.