[Signing] Daniel Sprong to the Canucks

I really don't see Sprong going from the bargain bin directly into our top 6.  This isn't San Jose.  Could 32 other GM's be wrong?

He's signed purely for bottom 6 scoring depth because he accepted a lowball offer by Allvin.  This is probably his last chance to be an NHL regular.  At least he'll be motivated.

• Cheers 3

4 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Aman isn't waiver eligible.  He is a centre so I am pretty sure he stays with the big club.  They will waive PDG more than likely...

Aman would definitely clear.

0 points in 5 playoff games.

Edited by Hairy Kneel
  • ThereItIs 1

For under one mill, this is a zero risk, potential high reward acquisition.

This guy produced at a 51 point average per 82 GP over the last two years...he may be the sleeper of the year 

Larceny once again by JR/PA

And memo to Podz: time to step up bud, no more Brendan Gaunce impersonations, find some offence or you're done

Edited by Sophomore Jinx
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Crabcakes said:

I really don't see Sprong going from the bargain bin directly into our top 6.  This isn't San Jose.  Could 32 other GM's be wrong?

He's signed purely for bottom 6 scoring depth because he accepted a lowball offer by Allvin.  This is probably his last chance to be an NHL regular.  At least he'll be motivated.

Yep.  It’s a bet by Allvin to see if he can win a top 6 winger spot in camp.  

If things pan out, PDG should be going to Abby. But it could just as easily be Sprong himself on waivers.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Sophomore Jinx said:

For under one mill, this is a zero risk, potential high reward acquisition.

This guy produced at a 51 PPG average over the last two years...he may be the sleeper of the year 

Larceny once again by JR/PA

And memo to Podz: time to step up bud, no more Brendan Gaunce impersonations, find some offence or you're done

Podz was a 10th overall selection.  The fridge was 26th overall.  Big difference imho.

About the weakest sub-department/region in our European amateur scouting (Russia).  Gaunce was another in the long line of failed drafts that were scouting by Canadian amateur scouts.  OJ, although "Finnish", was scouted primarily when he was playing in the OHL.  

Consistancy (in a bad way) in our domestic amateur scouts going back decades.

9 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Aman isn't waiver eligible.  He is a centre so I am pretty sure he stays with the big club.  They will waive PDG more than likely...

Should’nt matter. There’s a reason the AHL team is in Abby now, they can use call ups quite easily when not working in LTIR 

• Cheers 1

PA's pro scout team is really good.  They don't miss much. And if they miss on this, it's cheap and short term.  His upside can be much higher than the contract. 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Podz was a 10th overall selection.  The fridge was 26th overall.  Big difference imho.

About the weakest sub-department/region in our European amateur scouting (Russia).  Gaunce was another in the long line of failed drafts that were scouting by Canadian amateur scouts.  OJ, although "Finnish", was scouted primarily when he was playing in the OHL.  

Consistancy (in a bad way) in our domestic amateur scouts going back decades.

Yes, I'm well aware of the history haha, the Gaunce comparison was more a reference to Podkolzin's zero offense he's bringing

• Cheers 1

30 minutes ago, HKSR said:

$975k... still can't believe it.  We just need about 10 points from Sprong for us to recoup the value of a $975k cap hit.  Sprong has 89 points in his last 2 seasons playing a total of 142 games.  That translates to 51 points over 82 games!!  For $975k .....!

Management getting it done again, making it harder for people to complain. 

Nice signing! He's just coming into his own at 27. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

37 minutes ago, HKSR said:

$975k... still can't believe it.  We just need about 10 points from Sprong for us to recoup the value of a $975k cap hit.  Sprong has 89 points in his last 2 seasons playing a total of 142 games.  That translates to 51 points over 82 games!!  For $975k .....!

I think this could set the table to trade hogs for a dman.

• ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Coryberg said:

I think this could set the table to trade hogs for a dman.

Adds scoring depth that we need. Now we can trade a 24 goal scorer,

makes sense… lol 

• Cheers 1