[Signing] Daniel Sprong to the Canucks

16 minutes ago, Canuck You said:
Heinen - Miller - Boeser
Debrusk - Pettersson - Sprong
Joshua - Blueger - Garland
Hogz - Suter - Sherwood

Most balanced forward group in the league?

Up there but probably Edmonton has the bag up front 

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, AnthonyG said:

lol hey bud all ELCs are short deals.

Riddle me this….If Quinn had an interest in leaving after his “short deal” why the hell is he still here?

Tell me instead what Benning was good at as a GM.

Don’t come with any scouting skills bs…

12 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

Me! Pick me! I do! Do you also have a time machine to go back to 2015 when OEL was such player to make this fantasy trade? Or are we discussing reality where Benning payed a top 10 pick for a player who had 9 goals and then 3 goals in the years leading up to us paying handsomely to take one of the worst contracts in the league.

In this fantasy is Benning still trading his first round pick for OEL? Because as great as Juolevi was as a 5th overall, trading Olli for OEL is almost a fair deal in the alternative reality.

Ooh ooh does utilization have anything to do with production??? 44% offensive zone starts in VAN vs 54% in ARZ 

PP2…. 
Gee I wonder why his production would be impacted… yet his defensive game when healthy was one of the best on the team if not the best and why him and Myers were a top 5 shutdown pair league wide.

can’t have your cake and eat it too. If you bring a guy in to produce and use him in a shutdown role, don’t bitch and complain.

2 hours ago, MeanSeanBean said:

Oh that's a no brainer. There is absolutely no viable argument in my mind to justify the OEL trade. It was one of the worst trades in the franchises history and will cement Bennings legacy.

You must be young (and no disrespect meant here). The OEL trade was not nearly as bad as the Cam Neely trade. It's not even close.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, PureQuickness said:

You must be young (and no disrespect meant here). The OEL trade was not nearly as bad as the Cam Neely trade. It's not even close.

I mean, I'm young enough that I don't remember the Neely trqde since I was only a kid and prefered the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles at the time. But I know the fallout of it. Neely was a worse trade, but that's also why I said "one of the worst trades" instead of "the worst trade" 😉

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MeanSeanBean said:

I mean, I'm young enough that I don't remember the Neely trqde since I was only a kid and prefered the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles at the time. But I know the fallout of it. Neely was a worse trade, but that's also why I said "one of the worst trades" instead of "the worst trade" 😉

Canucks are linked to two top five all time fleecings... One good one bad.   Stanajov for Naslund.   Just to be positive.   And if we really want to play the blame game and credit game, i'm sure it's all because of Bud Poile.   He screwed up with BOTH the Luongo AND the OEL buyouts because well "butterfly effects" and all.    

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

3 hours ago, Canuck You said:
Heinen - Miller - Boeser
Hogz - Suter - Sherwood

Most balanced forward group in the league?

I wouldn't mind seeing this at times as well. Three potentially dominant lines and a fourth line that could generate offense in protected minutes.

Debrusk Miller Boeser

DJ EP Garland

Heinen Suter Sherwood

Hogs Blueger Sprong

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, CanuckMan said:

With the new additions the Oilers made. Can someone do a potential lineup for both them and the Canucks? Would be nice to see how we match up against them on paper. 

Elias playing at 100% *AND* us not having essentially a 3rd string goalie I think more than offsets the real loss of the big Russian in the lineup (and that's assuming we don't make use of the cap space we have left come the post-season).

18 hours ago, Lemon Face said:

But AntonyG said they suck

He Spent 8 years defending every stupid move (age gap)(stay competative (which never happened))

followed making excuses (hindsight) when they didn’t work

and deflecting  ( he started with nothing)

why stop now.
Just keep Pretending to understand a plan that never existed .

JB was given every opportunity more than once to fix this team and he proved he wasn’t capable more than once.he was a disaster.

1 minute ago, CanuckMan said:

With the new additions the Oilers made. Can someone do a potential lineup for both them and the Canucks? Would be nice to see how we match up against them on paper. 

Skinner - Mcdavid - Hyman

Kane - Draisaitl - Arvidsson 

Henrique - RNH - Perry

Janmark- Ryan - Brown

I have no idea who plays with who currently on their lineup. I just fit them in where they seemed to fit. 

VS.

Heinen - Miller - Boeser
Hogz - Suter - Sherwood

Very close lineups in my opinion. The deal breakers are definitely Mcdavid/Draisaitl for them

14 minutes ago, CanuckMan said:

• Skinner - McDavid - Hyman
  • RNH - Draisaitl - Arvidsson
  • Janmark - Henrique - Brown
  • Holloway - McLeod - Perry/Ryan

VS

Heinen - Miller - Boeser
Hogz - Suter - Sherwood

2 minutes ago, Canuck You said:
  • Skinner - McDavid - Hyman
  • RNH - Draisaitl - Arvidsson
  • Janmark - Henrique - Brown
  • Holloway - McLeod - Perry/Ryan

VS

Heinen - Miller - Boeser
Hogz - Suter - Sherwood

ha ha Perry. Nice of him to bring down the curve. 

• Haha 3

43 minutes ago, CanuckMan said:

Skinner - Mcdavid - Hyman

Kane - Draisaitl - Arvidsson 

Henrique - RNH - Perry

Janmark- Ryan - Brown

I have no idea who plays with who currently on their lineup. I just fit them in where they seemed to fit. 

VS.

Heinen - Miller - Boeser
Hogz - Suter - Sherwood

Very close lineups in my opinion. The deal breakers are definitely Mcdavid/Draisaitl for them

As long as they have McDavid and Crysaitl they'll always have the edge on straight fire power. But after those two it's very even. 

14 hours ago, Devron said:

I thought he was, down the stretch with Detroit. Why didn’t anyone else sign him or Detroit re sign him? Obviously there’s holes or something we’re missing here as he basically signed a 1 year show me deal. I said it was a good signing but nothing to parade about for me anyways 

Well we got a guy who is a right shot scoring winger. Proven 20 goal guy, offensively gifted clearly, who if he could round out his game a little more or be sheltered in a system you could get the best out of him.

he’s also on an inconsequential cap hit; is a moveable asset, provides depth and extra competition.

I also like that it’s another RHS winger in front of JL temporarily. I really like the idea of him spending a whole year in Abby.

low risk; reasonable value floor with some potential for more

he’s also at an age were there is the possibility for some improvements to parts of his game that are Coachable.

whats not to like?

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

3 hours ago, MeanSeanBean said:

Lol What are you talking about? Your entire premise to this post has literally nothing to do with what either of us are talking about. The entire premise of my post was the difference between 2015/16 OEL, and OEL in his 2 years leading up to the trade with the Canucks trade. Then your entire argument some how ignores that and instead blames... Let me check, the coach, for not utilizing a redundant player properly? Sure would have been nice for Benning to have traded for a player that wasn't redundant and could have been used in his position of strength, but no such luck. Such was life with Jim.

How did you jump from calling OEL a 20 goal player to blaming his usage? He wasn't an effective player for years leading up to us trading a top 10 pick for him. His ay has slipped far before he ever put on blue.

A) you ignored the entire argument made in both my, and your own post, somehow.

2) I wasn't even being serious since... I mean, come-on. How can you take this seriously. We're having a debate about Benning with who I can only assume is Jim's wife or kid

Buddy put the blunt down or the bottle back in the cupboard. 

gArLaNd iS tHe tuh-wenty goAl sCorEr derp. Top 4 dman AND a 50pt 20 goal scorer . You complained about the trade, I pointed out the other part of the trade you completely missed.

• Confused 1