2 hours ago, Jaimito said:contracts were terrible

contracts were terrible 

Horvat

Pettersson

Boeser

Hughes

Demko

Miller

Alllllllll of his RFA deals were fuckin steals, he didn’t throw the bag at anyone. Which is what has allowed us to keep such a core for so god damn long during their up and coming years and into their prime.

Saying his contracts were terrible because of Eriksson??? During a rebuild?? Myers which no one saw us flipping this organization around that fast in 5 years and who else? Pearson? Beagle?? Roussell?? Most of these guys were signed during rebuilding years, secondly they are UFAs all UFAs are overpaid. Not only that but coming to a dog shit 23rd overall that was struggling no one is taking a paycut and no one saw us making playoffs in 2019-20, earning a spot through the play in round, dummying the defending champs then taking VGK to 7 with our #1 goalie out, Toffoli, Tanev and Myers injured or playing through injury. A flat cap is what made us take a step back, not one of those contracts handed out were the cause. A cap recapture directly into a 4-8mil cap increase being seized and taken away and only now we are reaching the announced cap for 2020-21… for the 2024-25 season.

2 hours ago, Drive-By Body Pierce said:

Easy to say in hindsight that something more could've been better. Sometimes not making big changes is the move to make.

Many GMs have wrecked better teams.

I dont disagree

however people need to stop sucking off Gillass because he really wasnt good when you look back

and move the fuck on from Benning because his shortcomings are far outweighed by his impact on the future. Time to move the fuck on and stop crying about shit that isnt relevant and focus on what is currently happening and currently relevant and bitch and complain about the mistakes going on right now, that could be fucking us shortly. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, chris12345 said:

Brian Burke and Dave Nonis mostly

exactly and the work those two did are pretty much the same impact that JB did himself. If you look at the players that came up through the system and were acquired, its truly a very comparable body of work.

Demko+Silovs = Luongo+Schneider

Miller = Kesler

Boeser+Petey = twins 

Hughes = Edler 10.0

etc

5 hours ago, Snoop Hogg said:

Because of that, we’ll throw in a no bowel movement clause.

I’ve been recovering from a surgery since Sunday. Trust me, no bowel movement clause is not fun 🙂 

• Huggy Bear 4

4 hours ago, Viking said:

No GM is perfect, I would add the Myers resigning as a negative for PA also. We should've said we want to improve our team and circle back to him after free agent frenzy...If Myers didn't like that he could sign somewhere else. I am hoping Desharnais can develop into a nice addition for us. Bit surpised we had to pay him 2m, but I take him at 2m for 2 yrs anyday over an older Myers who got 2yrs of NMC on a 3yr deal.

It is well known, I am NOT a Myers fan and he was terrible for us for much of that bloated contract he got. I was surprised how much fans wanted him back and are okay with his new deal. Guy will be 36/37 at end of deal and will make a TON of terrible plays and bad penalties for the next 3 years.

Mik was by far the worst FA signing by PA, Myers is a close 2nd in my books. Then we see good value signings made and makes me wonder what we could have done with 4.75m to Mik and 3m to Myers...oh the what ifs haha!!

Can hockey season start yet!? 

Best of luck to the Dutchman Sprong, I am part Dutch and as the saying goes if you ain't Dutch you ain't much...My Grandpas words haha

I’ll be in Amsterdam next year.  May be getting a Sprong t-shirt for my trip.  Can’t afford to sprong for a jersey

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, AnthonyG said:

I dont disagree

however people need to stop sucking off Gillass because he really wasnt good when you look back

and move the fuck on from Benning because his shortcomings are far outweighed by his impact on the future. Time to move the fuck on and stop crying about shit that isnt relevant and focus on what is currently happening and currently relevant and bitch and complain about the mistakes going on right now, that could be fucking us shortly. 

Lol

I would just like to make a point of saying I have never been sucking off Gillass or on Benning, haha... nor will I complain of "mistakes" that have yet to happen,.

7 hours ago, HKSR said:

We do... but it's not gonna do much for us.  I believe it's under $20k in cap space.  Wouldn't even translate to a minimum cap hit player at the TDL.

Mind you we're carrying 14F, 7D, and 2G... we could send PDG down and free up his $775k while running a 22 man roster.

I'd really like to see us run that 22 man roster and also trade Poolman.  Then we'll be cooking when it comes to the TDL.

If under the cap and not in LTIT to begin the season, isn't it best to be as close to the cap as possible? Lower threshold to bank cap or something?

20 minutes ago, AnthonyG said:

Benning built a core and a culture, he was never trying to win a cup in a day.

Literally every trade and signing the fucktard made was made in an effort to squeak into the playoffs. And not only did he fail miserably in that regard, but he severely damaged the franchise in the process. The only "culture" built under Benning was a culture of failure, as indicated in our record year after year after year.

Sure, the amateur scouting was better under Benning than it was under Gillis, but literally EVERYTHING else was better under Gillis. And let's not pretend that Benning was the Patron Saint of drafting either. For every Hughes there's a Juolevi. For every Pettersson there's a Virtanen. For every Boeser there's a Podkolzin. And why wasn't Benning ever able to draft an NHL defensemen outside of Hughes (who literally fell into his lap) in 7 years? 

And that's to say nothing of how terrible developmental was under Benning. Ever notice how all of the impact players drafted under Benning developed outside of our system and arrived NHL ready, whereas nearly every single player that we attempted to develop ourselves outside of Demko crashed and burned? Why didn't Benning do anything about our terrible developmental system?

And then there's the awful pro-scouting. You bring up Mikheyev as a black mark on Allvin's record, and it is, but I would counter with Eriksson, Gudbranson, Beagle, Ferland, Roussel, OEL, Poolman, etc....The list goes on. All players that cost assets, cap space, or both, and all contributed next to nothing. 

TL;DR: Benning is trash.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Drive-By Body Pierce said:

Lol

I would just like to make a point of saying I have never been sucking off Gillass or on Benning, haha... nor will I complain of "mistakes" that have yet to happen,.

The mistakes that have already happened

all the assets spent to watch guys walk

now you're getting closer to playing with Willander, Lekkermaki and DPetey in trade packages and sacrificing real talent that extends the window.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, AnthonyG said:

The mistakes that have already happened

all the assets spent to watch guys walk

now you're getting closer to playing with Willander, Lekkermaki and DPetey in trade packages and sacrificing real talent that extends the window.

You are clearly in some conversations (I hope not just yourself) with others, but responding to me about those conversations.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapshot said:

Literally every trade and signing the fucktard made was made in an effort to squeak into the playoffs. And not only did he fail miserably in that regard, but he severely damaged the franchise in the process. The only "culture" built under Benning was a culture of failure, as indicated in our record year after year after year.

Sure, the amateur scouting was better under Benning than it was under Gillis, but literally EVERYTHING else was better under Gillis. And let's not pretend that Benning was the Patron Saint of drafting either. For every Hughes there's a Juolevi. For every Pettersson there's a Virtanen. For every Boeser there's a Podkolzin. And why wasn't Benning ever able to draft an NHL defensemen outside of Hughes (who literally fell into his lap) in 7 years? 

And that's to say nothing of how terrible developmental was under Benning. Ever notice how all of the impact players drafted under Benning developed outside of our system and arrived NHL ready, whereas nearly every single player that we attempted to develop ourselves outside of Demko crashed and burned? Why didn't Benning do anything about our terrible developmental system?

And then there's the awful pro-scouting. You bring up Mikheyev as a black mark on Allvin's record, and it is, but I would counter with Eriksson, Gudbranson, Beagle, Ferland, Roussel, OEL, Poolman, etc....The list goes on. All players that cost assets, cap space, or both, and all contributed next to nothing. 

TL;DR: Benning is trash.

JT Miller was 25, that wasnt a trade to sneak into playoffs. That was a trade to add to the core. 

Toffoli was a TDL acquisition for playoffs, guess what we made it and too VGK to 7.

LE was signed in a REBUILDING TIME. WOOPTY FUCKIN DOO BAZZLE. Mikheyev was signed during a competitive window and I can actually say his dead fuckin weight was here being carried while we were in a legitimate conversation OF FUCKING CONTENDING. HE ACTUALLY FUCKED US IN THE PLAYOFFS LOLOLOL. 

Development was terrible???? Horvat? Demko? Gaudette? Hoglander? Umm just because someones NHL ready, doesnt mean they dont need development AT the NHL level

Look at how many top end picks Edmonton destroyed by putting guys in the NHL that were "NHL ready" but never did what they needed to make sure they stayed an NHL player. Developed bad habits, never learned the way of becoming a true well rounded NHL professional.

I shoulda stopped reading and taking you any slight bit serious when you say "for every Hughes theres a Juolevi"

LOL HOW MANY FUCKING HUGHES DO YOU SEE??!?? EVERY PETTERSSON THERES A VIRTANEN!??!?!? LOL ARE YOU SERIOUS??? Not even remotely close bud. 

1 minute ago, Drive-By Body Pierce said:

You are clearly in some conversations (I hope not just yourself) with others, but responding to me about those conversations.

sorry my bad

• Cheers 1

23 minutes ago, RomanPer said:

Wow, everyone around you is blind and you are the only one with perfect vision… This type of statement says more about you than about the others.

um know it just shows the lack of awareness you guys seem to have.

Here's your expectations of Benning

Restock the entire farm, every draft is to go 100% smooth, every pick is to be an NHL player of top end talent, we need to rebuild the entire roster, win a cup and do it all at once. Oh and by the way your best trade chips are worth a 2nd at best. GOOD LUCK. Oh and by the way fuck you Benning for not seeing COVID coming and the cap recapture is your fault.

Yea OKAY.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

How many of Höglander’s goals were scored when he played on the 4th line against the other teams’ worst players?  +23 playing against the other teams’ worst players?  

He hasn’t proven himself at all in a top

6 role. If Allvin and Tocchet were high on Höglander then why are they spending so much time trying to

upgrade our winger position? Can you explain that?  

The fact is that Tocchet doesn’t really like Höglander. He doesn’t fit his system. Just like Kuzmenko. Expect to see a Höglander trade at some point to upgrade the defence. We have too many wingers now. Someone’s gotta go. 

It doesn't matter. Or at least it's not the big issue youre making of it. There are 60 mins in a game. Goals count in all of them Hoglander is adding tremendous surplus value to our bottom 6. 

Sprong isn't guaranteed a spot at that cap if it's not working out poof on waivers he goes. It does nothing to change our fwd group other than probably Podz starting in Abby.

I think the way I see it is it gives Tocc the flexability to swap between PDG (PK) or Sprong(PP) depending on the opponent. I personally don't see Tocc trusting Sprong playing against top competition 17+ mins a night on Pete's wing. But I do think some combination of Heinen/Hoglander/Suter/Blueger/Sherwood -Sprong could be deadly. 

For now I'm not worried about the D. Last year we started the season with.

image.png.c5b341c1a24a628bd8c40845e66c8af6.png

We have cap space to manuver and add a D midseason. Sprong signing made no effect on our cap.

57 minutes ago, AnthonyG said:

Horvat

Pettersson

Boeser

Hughes

Demko

Miller

Alllllllll of his RFA deals were fuckin steals, he didn’t throw the bag at anyone. Which is what has allowed us to keep such a core for so god damn long during their up and coming years and into their prime.

Saying his contracts were terrible because of Eriksson??? During a rebuild?? Myers which no one saw us flipping this organization around that fast in 5 years and who else? Pearson? Beagle?? Roussell?? Most of these guys were signed during rebuilding years, secondly they are UFAs all UFAs are overpaid. Not only that but coming to a dog shit 23rd overall that was struggling no one is taking a paycut and no one saw us making playoffs in 2019-20, earning a spot through the play in round, dummying the defending champs then taking VGK to 7 with our #1 goalie out, Toffoli, Tanev and Myers injured or playing through injury. A flat cap is what made us take a step back, not one of those contracts handed out were the cause. A cap recapture directly into a 4-8mil cap increase being seized and taken away and only now we are reaching the announced cap for 2020-21… for the 2024-25 season.

I think people who talk that way about those years don't really seem to understand the mess he inherited and how long a rebuild actually takes

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

54 minutes ago, RomanPer said:

I’ve been recovering from a surgery since Sunday. Trust me, no bowel movement clause is not fun 🙂 

Yeah I've had surgery before as well a long time ago.  They want you fast before the procedure (for myself, I had to take a special fluid to completely empty my bowels as well).  After the surgery, I had a bit of constipation (as it might take a bit for your "internal systems" to get back up to speed).  I know what you're going thru (unfortunately).