[Signing] Daniel Sprong to the Canucks

4 minutes ago, German Canuck said:

Thats pro sport and the NHL. Competition everywhere and thats how cup winners where build.

Karlsson vs. Lekk ?

Lekk is younger and more talented than Karlsson

I think we will find out very quickly.

If Lekkerimaki starts strong I could see a callup before xmas. Karlsson I think we will see in the new year. Regardless we can see them both for ourselves in Abby. 

My bet is Bains Lekkerimak is so fucking deadly. 

3 minutes ago, Hammertime said:

. I have a lot more faith today than I had under JB

200.gif 

First off I had my reservations about JR and PA as well and I was truly concerned when I looked into their history. However I’ve researched every player they have added and I have vocalized my praise for their work on a lot of acquisitions. (Bleuger being one of them, Forbort and Sprong as of recently and DeBrusk is someone I’ve wanted to acquire for a couple years now)

However, your faith today ultimately is because of what is already in place. Which is in thanks to JB. Had we not had a Petey, Hughes or Demko, you’d look at the scouting and drafting record of JR and PA in PIT and you’d look at what JR did in CAR and how long it took and you’d look around and lose a ton of confidence.

IMG_0580.thumb.png.1bbb2458a1368a0f047f71f46453797a.png

This right here is JR and PAs draft history together in PIT. 

sure JR won 2 cups there. But it wasn’t his core and it wasn’t his prospects that were the key pieces. He pleasantly sold the future year after year thanks to the safety net of Crosby, Letang, Fleury and Malkin. Now they are headed for a very very very VERY dark time. I just hope we win a cup before too much of the future is sold off here and they don’t find a way to keep restocking like Boston and St Louis have done since the late 60s. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, AnthonyG said:

First off I had my reservations about JR and PA as well and I was truly concerned when I looked into their history. However I’ve researched every player they have added and I have vocalized my praise for their work on a lot of acquisitions. (Bleuger being one of them, Forbort and Sprong as of recently and DeBrusk is someone I’ve wanted to acquire for a couple years now)

However, your faith today ultimately is because of what is already in place. Which is in thanks to JB. Had we not had a Petey, Hughes or Demko, you’d look at the scouting and drafting record of JR and PA in PIT and you’d look at what JR did in CAR and how long it took and you’d look around and lose a ton of confidence.

sure JR won 2 cups there. But it wasn’t his core and it wasn’t his prospects that were the key pieces. He pleasantly sold the future year after year thanks to the safety net of Crosby, Letang, Fleury and Malkin. Now they are headed for a very very very VERY dark time. I just hope we win a cup before too much of the future is sold off here and they don’t find a way to keep restocking like Boston and St Louis have done since the late 60s. 

Just write your book and send us the link once published - for the love of god your back-patting is so tired. 

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Tank said:

play off team for sure. cup favorite?

We’re not going to win the division, but we’re going to have learned from last year and our depth is going to carry the day. We look great on paper already and we still have room to improve as the season progresses if an opportunity presents itself to add. I think we’re comfortably in contender territory. 

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Lemon Face said:

Our president has few rings on his hand.Guy is known for his professional work.They (FO) turn around team in one year and made us happy watching our team play.If i Trust them is to be blind,yes i am.But if i am blind ,you are and blind and deaf.After battle ,all generals are smart.Nothing new here.I suggest some kind of medication to calm you down.Nothing wrong with good weed too.Bless

I’ve looked into Rutherford 

took 14 years to win his first cup and that was ALLLLLL his work. 14 years… and people are complaining about Bennings start from scratch 8 years and here we are a contender in under 10??

Carolina got lucky, nonetheless they won a cup. But went right back to being shit and a laughing stock of the NHL until JR left to PIT, where he was given a cup contending team and top end blue chip prospects ready to make the jump. He won 2 in PIT, but he didn’t build it and not even remotely close to a big enough impact on that roster to be considered a genius. He was fortunate he could burn every 1st round pick because of the core in place.  He destroyed the future for PIT at the cost of 2 cups. If he and Allvin are the closers we need, so be it. I have given my support on tons of their moves but I am also free to criticize their blunders because I want the cups first before we turn into what is next for PIT.

I haven’t sat here purely ragging on JR and PA since their arrival. I gave my reserved thoughts initially but I gave full praise and credit to many of their moves. 

4 minutes ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

Just write your book and send us the link once published - for the love of god your back-patting is so tired. 

Lmao write your book about how you were right about everything in the past. Let everyone know you can read the past with 100% accuracy

8 minutes ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

We’re not going to win the division, but we’re going to have learned from last year and our depth is going to carry the day. We look great on paper already and we still have room to improve as the season progresses if an opportunity presents itself to add. I think we’re comfortably in contender territory. 

We are winning the division. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

1 minute ago, AnthonyG said:

But that's not the case. 

Consider it like JB was the home builder. He drank too much energy drink but he was good at framing and slapping up drywall.

MG JR/PA are the homeowners. They change paint, move furniture around pick cabinets and create a contender.

• Cheers 1

26 minutes ago, AnthonyG said:

Mike Gillis did the same thing, with much less success. Of course, people will only remember the good times, but not the reality.

14 minutes ago, canucks curse said:

Fat hippo lays in the mud 

he’s fat

he ate too many fishies 

roll over fatty you are getting a sun burn !

except hippos are vegetarians. 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, chris12345 said:

Brian Burke and Dave Nonis mostly

And burkes team's foundation was built by keenan and quinn, and nonis was from 3 of those guys. So what, nobody cares! You win by any means necessary

Could you imagine gillis walking to franceco's office

"Hey frankie, these sedin guys, kesler luongo i want to trade them "

Francesco: why do want to trade them? Theyre good players.

Gillis: i know, but a nobody named anthony and some other losers wont give me credit. I want the credit to be mine, mine, mine mine!

Its buisiness, whether its gillis, rutherford, hell even benning , inherit useable assets, theyll use them as they fit because in the end, the bottom line is the bottom line.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

7 hours ago, AnthonyG said:

Gillis never built that core. Keep telling yourself that bud. Gillis was dogshit.

Benning built a core that will win a cup. Gillis inherited a core that coulda won but shortened the window and fucked the future. 

If PA is anything like Gillis, enjoy a short window to win and a pending rebuild in no time.

lets see

trades the future for a 3C, let him and   Zadorov who was a huge piece on the blue line walk…

sold rock bottom on Kuzmenko..  brilliant

Signed a 4.75mil PKer who did fuck all in Mikheyev.

so far he’s looking much like Gillis you’re right. 

riddle might this Elf, why hasn’t Gillass been able to get a job? Goes from GM to UVIC prof. EL OH EL

Lol

I officially can't take anything you ever say serious going forward after that awful take of yours

10 hours ago, KesLord said:

I like it. Sprong just opens up SO many options for lines. I’d love to see:

Debrusk - Miller - Boeser

Hoglander - Petey - Sprong

Joshua - Suter - Garland

Heinen - Blueger - Sherwood

Wildly solid team. Being able to consistently rely on 4 lines is a must. Having Pod and PDG looking to crack the lineup is massive too to keep players accountable.

In my oh so humble opinion; That line one could very well be next year's best line in the NHL.   Rock - on

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, AnthonyG said:

So what youre saying is you stayed home on a sunny summer night replying on every shred of benning hate to make your point that you want to hawk tuah jim benning

We got your message loud and clear virgin. Better spruce up that linkedin, tough world out there

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, bh90 said:

Lol

I officially can't take anything you ever say serious going forward after that awful take of yours

Nobody takes Anthonys takes seriously. Any idiot that makes it a point to flex on his takes with "El oh el" really needs have a life

7 hours ago, canucks curse said:

If I’m Podz and Hogz I now see I will be truly fighting for a job if not traded by the start of camp 

I they won't trade either of these guys before camp.  Both have a great chance to outperform their current contracts with plenty of room to grow.  Management is playing 'money puck' and unloading either of these guys would go against their objective.... Which is, overall, to create competition and depth at every level and stay young. 

Podz will have to earn a spot... We'll see if he's ready or not.  He's only 22yrs old.  I still have lots of faith in him... Just hope it's with the Nucks. 

Edited by Hogs and Podz

3 hours ago, IBatch said:

Id be a little bit patient before even going into Alvin's stuff.   A year and a half, fixed a big mess with OEL, already planted as one of the worst trades in club history (that kid Guenther sure would be nice right about now).    Fixed most of JB's cap errors,  and yes made some mistakes but is quick to fix them.   Kuzmenko became Lindholm.    Do you really think JB would have traded Horvat?  I don't.   Instead flipped him for a younger top pairing RHD, something we haven't JB entire tenure.   

GM of the year finalist, wouldn't want to go back and tally up JB's accolades in that respect.   Dumped Dickinson, dumped Stillman, still working around Poolman.     I lost trust in his abilities to finish (add key support).   MG was a great finisher and also great at installing a top to bottom unity and creating a premier professionally done vibe.   Hamhuis was core.  Erhoff a solid number 2 for us.   His drafting did stink despite where he drafted, didn't trade a lot of capital, one first for Ballard and it was a late one.   Good at keeping the band together.   6 drafts is quite a few for dick fuck all, add a couple Nonjs dead call and we got what from it?   Hutton and Horvat, far worse then what most expansion teams under the old rules the first couple years.    Nothing but Edler to Horvat ouch.   RIP Bourdon though, he was going to make it. 

Allvin didn't bite at 7.8 x 7.    And 5 x 6.   His use of cap space so far, aside from maybe EP (damned if you don't) has been excellent and very refreshing.    Zero overpays in a tax disadvantaged market.   No more extra .5-1 for support guys with an extra year attached.   JT Miller was a great move unbelievable.   Almost every  GM out of the top five and maybe even some of them, would trade their firsts for that sort of return at his 5.35 x 4 and 8 x 7.    11 years and when he's done, most likely in the rafters, definitely in the ROR.   We won't know what JB would have signed Miller for or if he'd traded him for yet another waste exchange for the next Gudbranson type or OEL project.   At least we got Garland.   Who brought Joshua in.   And why the heck haven't we had a player like him since Torres anyways.   And why did he not insulate our young players with heavy harder to play against guys.  Dorsett love the heart but just a punching bag and it injured him, why he didn't add another bigger Dorsett back then when they were a dime a dozen who knows.  KB23 the teams enforcer yikes not much, not for when your about to suck eggs worse then the Messiah era.    

Every other time in club history, when we were going to suck and downcylce a revolving door of mean forwards and defenseman came in.  There cheap and keep your picks safe.   Poor EP and Brock, Horvat the heart of the Tin Man. 

Beagle was fine.   Ferland a joke couldn't even insure the deal.   Rousell ok for a short while then meh.     And just couldn't get guys to waive.  NYR had no problem with that.    And they were just as good or almost as good as us for a run of five Lundqvist years including a Game six loss in their final.    Balls enough to write a letter.   Team would of got so much more from Hamhuis, Bieksa and Hansen and maybe Edler would have tucked tail too, 6 for his last contract was downright ugly. 

From where i'm sitting we are luckily to have a mostly drafted core.   Horvat he started with from MG.   That's Hronek.    Enough to make trades, draft some new blood and hopefully make the show.    His drafting was B-, just two many second and third rounders didn't work out, and nothing past the third round but Adam Gaudette.  It's a darn shame Edler was the last impact player third round and beyond.  Odds are in average, you should get on every 8 drafts so they aren't common.   But still that's a couple missed now from two GM's 

Great fuckin post

46 minutes ago, PureQuickness said:

Mike Gillis did the same thing, with much less success. Of course, people will only remember the good times, but not the reality.

Unlike Benning, Mike Gillis actually HAD good times. Looks like the king and queen of the Benning sorority has graced us with their presence, Pure Nonesense and AnnoyingG-oof

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, AnthonyG said:

Do I???? Because you guys are all blind and oblivious to the poorly handled trades/signings/free agents that have reduced the trade chips to choose from and now we’re getting closer to the Lekkermaki’s and Willanders being pawned off for rentals or going balls deep and hoping it’s enough to win a cup with whatever is in return and then our draft position will slide further and further down and the talent pool will continue to thin out and we’ll be back to 2013 in no time. 5 years is what it took Gillis to fuck the future. And he fucked it hard. Benning had to clean this shit hole up and focused on rebuilding the proper way, draft and develop, bring in cup winning experience on mid term deals and build a culture that leads to winning. 
you laugh at the Beagle deal in the rear view and have no clue how important guys like Beagle, Holtby, Miller, Schmidt (SCF) were in helping turn these young kids into true professionals.

look at what Edmonton did for so many years. Threw talent at a fire and hoped to put it out. They never brought a bucket of fucking water to help put that fire out and they destroyed so many god damn high draft picks.

look at CBJ, NJD, ARZ, ANA, EDM, TOR just off the top of my head… how long it took or how long it is still taking these teams to reach that next level. Benning built a core and a culture, he was never trying to win a cup in a day.

Benning built a culture?

You mean the well documented country club culture?

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

How many of Höglander’s goals were scored when he played on the 4th line against the other teams’ worst players?  +23 playing against the other teams’ worst players?  

He hasn’t proven himself at all in a top 6 role. If Allvin and Tocchet were high on Höglander then why are they spending so much time trying to

upgrade our winger position? Can you explain that?  

The fact is that Tocchet doesn’t really like Höglander. He doesn’t fit his system. Just like Kuzmenko. Expect to see a Höglander trade at some point to upgrade the defence. We have too many wingers now. Someone’s gotta go. 

Hogs is perfectly fine in a 4th line roll eating the comps, why would they trade that away? Also when you personally talked to Mr. Tocchet, did he share this view? Asking for a friend lol

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, rmok said:

LOL.. why are so many people putting Hoglander on the 4th line? 

Hoglander had more goals than Debrusk, Heinen, Sprong, Garland, Joshua, Suter .... basically anyone not named Miller, Petey or Boeser.... all at even strength at 23yrs old, also a +23 on the season, so now he gets demoted for guys in their late 20's with less goals and one year contracts. Make it make sense. 

My biggest fear is that loading up with wingers like this and having Lek, Raty, Karlson pretty much ready to take a spot here soon that Hogs will be a trade chip to try and move out poolmans money. 

Tocchet has gone on record that he believes Hoglander is most effective when playing in the 10-12 minute per game range. It's the way his motor runs. He revs super high. But with that kind of player you get diminishing returns when you overplay them - just like with a motor that starts overheating. 

I lile Hogs a numch but his most effective slot may not be on the top two lines.

3 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

puke.. ep will be lucky to get 40 points lmao.. he needs a player that can pass and don't hog the puck.. and garland does exactly both.. notice how at the beginning of the season when garland was playing on EP's line.. even though EP was getting all his points along with kuzmenko garland had literally nothing in the first 10 games playing on EP's line? coz those 2 doesn't involve garland at all because they know they ain't getting the puck back from garland.

I think you have things mixed up. Garland didn't play with Petey to start the season.    He played some beside Petey when Joshua was hurt late in the season and actually was fairly effective with him, as much as anyone could be when Petey was in his ineffective slump.

Garland drives play and I think he can work beside Petey especially since he stopped doing all the spin o ramas. I might be wrong but I think its worth a look.