[Signing] Daniel Sprong to the Canucks

3 minutes ago, deepbluefunk said:

Tocchet has gone on record that he believes Hoglander is most effective when playing in the 10-12 minute per game range. It's the way his motor runs. He revs super high. But with that kind of player you get diminishing returns when you overplay them - just like with a motor that starts overheating. 

I lile Hogs a numch but his most effective slot may not be on the top two lines.

I think you have things mixed up. Garland didn't play with Petey to start the season.    He played some beside Petey when Joshua was hurt late in the season and actually was fairly effective with him, as much as anyone could be when Petey was in his ineffective slump.

Garland drives play and I think he can work beside Petey especially since he stopped doing all the spin o ramas. I might be wrong but I think its worth a look.

1. Tell me what you know about engines

2. Explain more t hourly 

1 hour ago, AnthonyG said:

First off I had my reservations about JR and PA as well and I was truly concerned when I looked into their history. However I’ve researched every player they have added and I have vocalized my praise for their work on a lot of acquisitions. (Bleuger being one of them, Forbort and Sprong as of recently and DeBrusk is someone I’ve wanted to acquire for a couple years now)

However, your faith today ultimately is because of what is already in place. Which is in thanks to JB. Had we not had a Petey, Hughes or Demko, you’d look at the scouting and drafting record of JR and PA in PIT and you’d look at what JR did in CAR and how long it took and you’d look around and lose a ton of confidence.

IMG_0580.thumb.png.1bbb2458a1368a0f047f71f46453797a.png

This right here is JR and PAs draft history together in PIT. 

sure JR won 2 cups there. But it wasn’t his core and it wasn’t his prospects that were the key pieces. He pleasantly sold the future year after year thanks to the safety net of Crosby, Letang, Fleury and Malkin. Now they are headed for a very very very VERY dark time. I just hope we win a cup before too much of the future is sold off here and they don’t find a way to keep restocking like Boston and St Louis have done since the late 60s. 

Learn and burn my friend , this mng team has won cups. Isn’t that the goal? I am not interested in a dynasty at this time, more so a CUP for VC.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, filthy animal said:

Unlike Benning, Mike Gillis actually HAD good times. Looks like the king and queen of the Benning sorority has graced us with their presence, Pure Nonesense and AnnoyingG-oof

Benning's core is on this team, just saying. Gillis didn't and doesn't have a single NHL player still playing, except... Gaunce and Horvat. This a terrible drafting GM.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, PureQuickness said:

Benning's core is on this team, just saying. Gillis didn't and doesn't have a single NHL player still playing, except... Gaunce and Horvat. This a terrible drafting GM.

It was 13 years ago, just sayin….

7 minutes ago, Captkirk888 said:

Even if you counted the entirety of those 13 years, Gillis drafted players didn't have a whole lot of success. This includes the 1st round and and the last round. We have a very small number of those players who even PLAYED in their prime.

Gillis did many good things for the team, but he did pay through the nose with regards to fortunes. I remember thinking about all the picks he traded. You absolutely had to pay to play; I get that. However, this especially meant that you had to nail it out of the park with regards to development.

I'm honestly shocked people aren't more outraged by the latter half of 2011. We were a team that had almost won the Stanley Cup, but gradually, we started to realize that we didn't have any prospects up the pipeline. We had players like Chaput and Megna on your top line. That's some truly bad drafting when you don't have anyone better.

10 minutes ago, PureQuickness said:

Right because the Gillis era ended what a decade ago? As usual Pure Nonsense, youre making an ass of yourself yet again using that as a comparison

Nonis burke, gillis AND rutherford all have banners in rogers arena. How many does Benning have? ZERO. Rutherford has been here less than 3 years and hes got one more banner than benning has in 8 seasons lol

Thats a terrinble GM in every sense of the word, just sayin

• Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

17 minutes ago, Captkirk888 said:

Pure quickness is a joke. You should check out the Ty Mueller thread on how he claims that Benning is on the same level.as Gillis Burke, Nonis just because they dont have cups lol its quite hilarious

Hes probably gonna add a stupid emoji reaction to this since hes a little child

Edited by filthy animal
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, PureQuickness said:

Even if you counted the entirety of those 13 years, Gillis drafted players didn't have a whole lot of success. This includes the 1st round and and the last round. We have a very small number of those players who even PLAYED in their prime.

Gillis did many good things for the team, but he did pay through the nose with regards to fortunes. I remember thinking about all the picks he traded. You absolutely had to pay to play; I get that. However, this especially meant that you had to nail it out of the park with regards to development.

I'm honestly shocked people aren't more outraged by the latter half of 2011. We were a team that had almost won the Stanley Cup, but gradually, we started to realize that we didn't have any prospects up the pipeline. We had players like Chaput and Megna on your top line. That's some truly bad drafting when you don't have anyone better.

I get what you’re saying, but Gillis on the heals of Burke and Nonis is nothing like JR and PA on the heals of JB. 

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

3 minutes ago, PureQuickness said:

People arent outraged because people in this city like watching hockey in april may and june. 

Honestly, if youre just a fan of prospects and not winning, join the utah puppies or whatever theyre called forum, sabres or ducks, teams on that never ending rebuild.

Your takes are horrible and your threads are even worse. In mere hours, your threads are page 2, page 3 material

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, filthy animal said:

Pure quickness is a joke. You should check out the Ty Mueller thread on how he claims that Benning is on the same level.as Gillis Burke, Nonis just because they dont habe cups lol its quite hilarious

Everyone has an opinion. No need to bash, even if they are wrong, lol

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, filthy animal said:

Pure quickness is a joke. You should check out the Ty Mueller thread on how he claims that Benning is on the same level.as Gillis Burke, Nonis just because they dont have cups lol its quite hilarious

You probably shouldn’t call someone a little child whilst resorting to childish name calling. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, Captkirk888 said:

Everyone has an opinion. No need to bash, even if they are wrong, lol

More like very very wrong

Im not pro Gillis, hes made a lot of mistakes in the draft.

But im very very anti Benning. No way,no how should a gm that makes it to the playoffs once in 8 seasons (covid doesnt count, Hughes, boeser says so) should ever be revered

• Haha 1

Just now, filthy animal said:

More like very very wrong

Im not pro Gillis, hes made a lot of mistakes in the draft.

But im very very anti Benning. No way,no how should a gm that makes it to the playoffs once in 8 seasons (covid doesnt count, Hughes, boeser says so) should ever be revered

Not a JB fan either but his tenure did bring us the core. Brackett Of course…..

• Cheers 2