[Signing] Daniel Sprong to the Canucks

21 hours ago, aGENT said:

Zub please?

I have been on that train for a while and actually thought a Zadorov-Zub pairing would be excellent and allow the Soucy-Myers pairing not to have to be relied on as much.

I don’t know if a Garland/Hoglander deal for Zub+ would be workable, but it does make the defence a lot more solid, and maybe opens up a spot for a young guy to fit into the bottom six.

Debrusk-Petterson-Boeser

Heinen-Miller-Sprong

Joshua-Suter-Podkolzin/Lekkerimaki

Sherwood-Blueger-Karlsson/Waiver pick up 

PDG

Hughes-Hronek

Soucy-Zub

Forbort-Myers

Juulsen-Desharnais

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Provost said:

I have been on that train for a while and actually thought a Zadorov-Zub pairing would be excellent and allow the Soucy-Myers pairing not to have to be relied on as much.

I don’t know if a Garland/Hoglander deal for Zub+ would be workable, but it does make the defence a lot more solid, and maybe opens up a spot for a young guy to fit into the bottom six.

Debrusk-Petterson-Boeser

Heinen-Miller-Sprong

Joshua-Suter-Podkolzin/Lekkerimaki

Sherwood-Blueger-Karlsson/Waiver pick up 

PDG

Hughes-Hronek

Soucy-Zub

Forbort-Myers

Juulsen-Desharnais

That line up has potential but I really like the depth we have up front right now and I'd rather start the season with it.

We need ro make our D stronger I agree but I'd wait to see how chemistry is up front first than look to trade in season.

On 7/23/2024 at 9:45 AM, Outsiders said:

Would you take a 2nd and 3rd for Garland? No cap coming back? I would! 

I don't think I would unless there's a difference maker on the back end that yoh have a trade lined up for but just need cap space

I think we need a legit #3, 2LD to finish off the team. Our right side is 4 deep and strong. I like soucy and Forbot but both don't have a good track record of playing 82 games a year and our 4LD is who again?

With all these shooters I have a feeling we're finally going to get a net front game like Tocchet has always wanted. There's so much garbage goals the we can pick up without painstakingly setting up skill shots. Garbage goal types: JT, Brock, DB, Heinan, Woody, Hogz, even Petie might get in the crease there too. Looking forward to the mix of skill and grit players. And the D too.

5 hours ago, Canorth said:

Same could be said for someone who has nothing better to do than complain about conversations that have nothing to them and can be easily avoided. Actually it would be much easier to avoid or ignore the conversation, all together, than to bitch about it. Which means you are putting in a great deal of effort just to piss yourself off. Well done 👏

You have to read a post first to determine if it's ignore worthy. 

16 minutes ago, bhoodlum said:

You have to read a post first to determine if it's ignore worthy. 

Please don’t start a Member to Member argument with a snide comment. 

If any Member starts it, I’ll finish it. 

With respect and forewarning.

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Provost said:

Hughes-Hronek

Soucy-Zub

Forbort-Myers

Juulsen-Desharnais

Yeah, Zub or Tanev or Pesce or Roy or... I'm on record of not really being a fan of re-upping Myers. I'm thrilled he's looked better, better partnered, better coached, better systems and support. But $3m is still a lot of cap on a guy I'd prefer on our 3rd pair if he's going to be here. And frankly, Desharnais is a better 3rd pair fit cap wise.

Myers $3m would have been better spent towards a $4-$6m 2nd pair guy IMO.

• Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

11 hours ago, Hammertime said:

Rasmus. Should have been more specific. Lol

Is he available? He's also a "double SS": Andersson. That'll help ya 😝

He's also a righty, not the lefty being discussed.

Edited by aGENT

1 hour ago, Sharpshooter said:

Please don’t start a Member to Member argument with a snide comment. 

If any Member starts it, I’ll finish it. 

With respect and forewarning.

Really? You're calling me out after the 30 pages of Benning vs Gillis vs Allvin where the mods did nothing? Gotcha. Message received.

On 7/22/2024 at 11:27 PM, Rypien-Punch said:

remember when he got fined for talking to some other teams player. how embarrassing was that!

No i don't remember that, but I do recall him getting fined for talking about, another team's player,

19 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Is he available? He's also a "double SS": Andersson. That'll help ya 😝

He's also a righty, not the lefty being discussed.

The 2 year deal would be perfect for Willander transition time and bump Myers down to 3rd pair. Just a thought. Personally I'm leaning Theodore as the best fit. Vegas won't be able to keep him and I doubt he would be as costly as RA.

30 minutes ago, bhoodlum said:

Really? You're calling me out after the 30 pages of Benning vs Gillis vs Allvin where the mods did nothing? Gotcha. Message received.

I’m just tamping down the temperature, my friend. 

Don’t respond to others that are about to be banned. 

Report the post. 

DON’T ENGAGE. 

image.gif.30f00c237f9a875291f911dc58d5e6a8.gif

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

26 minutes ago, Hammertime said:

The 2 year deal would be perfect for Willander transition time and bump Myers down to 3rd pair. Just a thought. Personally I'm leaning Theodore as the best fit. Vegas won't be able to keep him and I doubt he would be as costly as RA.

Great D man but more of an offensive guy. I'm kind of thinking we need more of a Defensive PMD. A cerebral guy that can skate, smother everything in our own end, and get the puck to either Myers or Hronek (and eventually Willander) to create offense.

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

Yeah, Zub or Tanev or Pesce or Roy or... I'm on record of not really being a fan of re-upping Myers. I'm thrilled he's looked better, better partnered, better coached, better systems and support. But $3m is still a lot of cap on a guy I'd prefer on our 3rd pair if he's going to be here. And frankly, Desharnais is a better 3rd pair fit cap wise.

Myers $3m would have been better spent towards a $4-$6m 2nd pair guy IMO.

Yep, Juulsen looked ready for a regular 3rd pairing spot and Friedman healthy plus farm call ups for injury relief seems fine.

I think the biggest risk this season is that Soucy-Myers can’t handle a 2nd pairing role, especially since the 3rd pairing isn’t particularly strong and likely can’t be relied on for as many minutes as our 3rd pairing did last year.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, bh90 said:

That line up has potential but I really like the depth we have up front right now and I'd rather start the season with it.

We need ro make our D stronger I agree but I'd wait to see how chemistry is up front first than look to trade in season.

That is fair, and likely how things shake out unless something drops in their lap.

With how close to the cap and maximizing Poolman’s LTIR they are at I assume this will be the starting lineup.  

Our management has shown they will move earlier in the season after they see how things are.

25 minutes ago, Provost said:

That is fair, and likely how things shake out unless something drops in their lap.

With how close to the cap and maximizing Poolman’s LTIR they are at I assume this will be the starting lineup.  

Our management has shown they will move earlier in the season after they see how things are.

We aren't maximizing Poolman's LTIR. We aren't using LTIR (yet). We could technically sign someone for around $3,290,000.oo using the LTIR and the salary of another player like PDG.

• Cheers 1

27 minutes ago, Provost said:

I agree I doubt they do anything more this offseason unless something falls in their lap. If they had planned to make a deal for a #3D they wouldnt have signed both Forbort and Descharnais. 1 woud have been fine. They would easily have the capspace with poolman on ltir to to pick up said D or neither and ran Juulsen as #6

24 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

We aren't maximizing Poolman's LTIR. We aren't using LTIR (yet). We could technically sign someone for around $3,290,000.oo using the LTIR and the salary of another player like PDG.

Yes we are maximizing it, that doesn’t mean we are using it yet.

The team is within $15k of the cap which means they get effectively the full amount of Poolman’s salary as LTIR overage.  That is what maximizing it means.

If they are under and put him on they get less benefit from it because they only get benefit from what would be over the cap.

5A52CC46-E49A-47AD-BB56-4B01121BFC76.png

Edited by Provost