[Signing] Daniel Sprong to the Canucks

25 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

If he makes the top 6 then that would be great.

It just occurred to me that maybe Allvin is thinking that either Garland or Joshua (or both) moves up and Sprong might replace their scoring on the 3rd line.

Joshua Miller Boeser

DeBrusk Pettersson Garland

Heinen Blueger Sprong

Hoglander Suter Sherwood

Podkolzin 

It means breaking up everybody's favorite 3rd line but are they really married to that?

They shouldn't be, we've brought in enough solid additions this offseason that we can afford to bump Garland up imo

Sprong would be insulated just fine on the third line given our forward options, fourth line too

We can easily bump any of Heinen, Garland, Hoglander, Podkolzin, Sprong, Suter, and Joshua up at any given time

We have four legit top six guys in Boeser, Miller, DeBrusk, and Pettersson as well as another guy who puts up top six production in Garland, lot of complimentary guys to work with

Edited by Coconuts
  • Upvote 3
  • ThereItIs 1

I have to say that I am happy with the signing. At $975k it is hard to find anything to complain about cap-wise. If he can reach or surpass his point totals from the last two seasons, this becomes a bargain contract. If he can't, the contract can easily be moved or buried as is necessary. The huge bonus is that it still leaves us with some flexibility especially if we can find a take for Poolman's contact. All in all a great move by Allvin.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sika21 said:

This looks good. 

Gotta think they’d be looking to move Podkolzin with this signing. Lekkerimaki will be getting a long look at training camp as well…

I think the Sprong signing only makes sense if they're trading Garland. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, fuzzy said:

I think the Sprong signing only makes sense if they're trading Garland. 

Nah every team needs that spare scorer that you can put in on any line.

Hes essentially this years Josh Leivo.

I don’t think this has any bearing on trades.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Cheers 3

3 minutes ago, The Duke said:

I hear you, but something about Miller-Debrusk just pops off the page. I’d love to see it.

I get that, I'd just prefer not to stack one line, we have four legit top six guys and a guy who can put up that sort of production in Garland

I'd prefer to stick two of them on each top six line 

• Cheers 1

Pius Suter 2.0. Amazing signing!!

Suter - Miller - Boeser 

Hoglander - Petey - Debrusk 

Joshua - Blueger - Garland 

Sprong - Heinen - Sherwood 

This is actually crazy, all 4 lines have bite and skill

Edited by WalkitLikeiTocchet
  • Cheers 3

6 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I think in a perfect world Lekkeramaki pulls a Wyatt Johnston and takes the league by storm at 20.

Debrusk Miller Boeser

Joshua Pettersson Lekkeramaki 

Garland Blueger Sprong

Hoglander Suter Heinen

Essentially two first lines and two third lines. Exactly the place you wanna be.

Or

Heinen Miller Boeser

Debrusk Pettersson Lekkeramaki 

Joshua Blueger Garland

Hoglander Suter Sherwood/Sprong

3 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

They shouldn't be, we've brought in enough solid additions this offseason that we can afford to bump Garland up imo

Sprong would be insulated just fine on the third line given our forward options, fourth line too

Yup; I bet that's exactly what Canuck's brass is thinking. Not that he wont get his share of games. Gives us a little flexibility ..

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Yeah.  That clip does a great job breaking down what I’ve heard about him. Sure seems a strange fit with Tocchet.

Maybe we’ll see him on the 4th line instead - if it’s guys like Suter and Podkolzin or especially Hoglander are down there, they might actually be very effective as a sneaky scoring line.

OTOH if he does play with Petey, we could shelter that line.  Miller and Garland lines are fabulous - and we’re on pace for our 4th line to be a lower end 3rd line.

Edited by The Duke
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, HKSR said:

WOW... what a steal.  I've been pushing for this guy as an "under the radar" pickup since January!  For $975k?  This is gonna be a huge value contract this year.

Same, have been going on about this guy fort some time myself. Under a million for a 20 goal and 40 point player who produces his points on ES in the bottom six. If his speed and hands had an opportunity in the top six more so than say a Suter you should get a higher production rate. Love this deal!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, The Duke said:

Yeah.  That clip does a great job breaking down what I’ve heard about him. Sure seems a strange fit with Tocchet.

Maybe we’ll see him on the 4th line instead - if it’s guys like Suter and Podkolzin or especially Hoglander are down there, they might actually be very effective as a sneaky scoring line.

OTOH if he does play with Petey, we could shelter that line.  Miller and Garland lines are fabulous - and we’re on pace for our 4th line to be a lower end 3rd line.

And that's a great place to be in!

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Sometimes things you buy at Value Village are actually worth a lot more than people think!

True that. 
I found an unused Rigid 18” pipe wrench at Value Village for $9.50. It even has lifetime warranty on the jaws. Retail value $100 plus tax. 

IMG_0092.thumb.jpeg.88470cd3fdd3ad7b2b15096b6da1c446.jpeg

• Haha 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Great to have a guy that knows how to ness up the LEEVES 😝

And a guy that can score in the shootout?

Could equal an extra couple points during the season. We all know about our struggles in the shootout. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Crabcakes said:

I really don't see Sprong going from the bargain bin directly into our top 6.  This isn't San Jose.  Could 32 other GM's be wrong?

He's signed purely for bottom 6 scoring depth because he accepted a lowball offer by Allvin.  This is probably his last chance to be an NHL regular.  At least he'll be motivated.

32 GMs are wrong ALL the time. Remember when Martin St. Louis went undrafted? 

• Cheers 1