[Signing] Daniel Sprong to the Canucks

2 hours ago, Warhippy said:

I want to say why?

But the deals signed by Canucks brass are literally some of the easiest to trade for literally anything around the TDL in the entire league.  These are deals that can return assets and I can't complain about that

This does leave Podkolzin on the outside or riding the pine though and that is not something I like to see.  Would mean 4 wasted or blown top 10 picks in 6 years by Vancouver in Podkolzin, Virtanen, Juolevi and the 9th OA that went to Arizona for OEL.

Wait for training camp, podz is still young

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Except Gillis was drafting (other than Hodgeson) in the bottom of round one because he built a great club. Whereas Benning, the moran, was picking top ten because he built loser clubs. 

Boeser > all of Gillis drafting

quit making excuses 

2 hours ago, CanuckMan said:

Podkolzin/Aman/PDG all on the outside looking in at the moment.

Debrusk-Petey-Sprong

Heinen-Miller-Boeser

Joshua-Blueger-Garland

Hoglander-Suter-Sherwood

Not a single player I would take out for any of those 3.

This is true 

2 hours ago, Devron said:

Haha yeah it’s nothing to get excited about. He was a healthy scratch last year but it’s depth and I’m all for depth 

Nothing to be negative about this signing either, cheap contract to boot, if it doesn't work out it ain't a big deal, tocchet could push the best of him

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, AnthonyG said:

Boeser > all of Gillis drafting

quit making excuses 

Gillis: 2 Presidents trophies and two games to win the Cup. Benning, the moran, was by far the worse GM. 
PA is a lot like Gillis. Very smart and innovative. We are great again because of that. New management is the opposite of Benning, the moran, as this Sprong signing further shows. 

• ThereItIs 1

15 minutes ago, Drive-By Body Pierce said:

If just labelled as a 4th liner, perhaps... But with Suter and Sherwood, perhaps that can be a depth scoring line as well as a checking line.

For sure. I'm liking the new depth. 

Only issue for me is Podz... Who does he beat for a job? 

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Gillis: 2 Presidents trophies and two games to win the Cup. Benning, the moran, was by far the worse GM. 
PA is a lot like Gillis. Very smart and innovative. We are great again because of that. New management is the opposite of Benning, the moran, as this Sprong signing further shows. 

Gillis never built that core. Keep telling yourself that bud. Gillis was dogshit.

Benning built a core that will win a cup. Gillis inherited a core that coulda won but shortened the window and fucked the future. 

If PA is anything like Gillis, enjoy a short window to win and a pending rebuild in no time.

lets see

trades the future for a 3C, let him and   Zadorov who was a huge piece on the blue line walk…

sold rock bottom on Kuzmenko..  brilliant

Signed a 4.75mil PKer who did fuck all in Mikheyev.

so far he’s looking much like Gillis you’re right. 

riddle might this Elf, why hasn’t Gillass been able to get a job? Goes from GM to UVIC prof. EL OH EL

Edited by AnthonyG
  • Cheers 1
  • Wiener 1

29 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Except Gillis was drafting (other than Hodgeson) in the bottom of round one because he built a great club. Whereas Benning, the moran, was picking top ten because he built loser clubs. 

You are literally watching Jim Bennings team. Just PA has the position of GM.

Demko+Silovs = JBs net

JBs additions>>>>>the borderline 2nd line/3rd line “talent” PA has spent all his dollars on. Show some bloody appreciation and quit trolling.

Your boy PA has failed to find legit top 6 talent to do anything to help the top 6. Instead it’s JBs guys having to carry dead weight like Shitkeyev

Edited by AnthonyG
  • Confused 3

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Looks to me like PA seems to be drafting really well, and finding later round picks that seem to have lots of potential.

I just hope he doesn’t start pissing it away. We need to develop and slowly insert as we contend.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

11 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

For sure. I'm liking the new depth. 

Only issue for me is Podz... Who does he beat for a job? 

A luxury problem for the Canucks! New management has brought that to the team again. 🤗

Does he play a role with some impact at the NHL level? or worst case, he has trade value to help get a legit top-6 goal scorer? 

It will be an interesting training camp!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, HKSR said:

I'd put him next to Petey and Debrusk and see what happens... moves Hoglander back to the 4th line where he can feast on weaker competition like he did earlier last year.

Debrusk-Petey-Sprong

Heinen-Miller-Boeser

Joshua-Blueger-Garland

Hoglander-Suter-Sherwood

Quit trying to make fetch happen.  It's not going to happen

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, AnthonyG said:

Gillis never built that core. Keep telling yourself that bud. Gillis was dogshit.

Benning built a core that will win a cup. Gillis inherited a core that coulda won but shortened the window and fucked the future. 

If PA is anything like Gillis, enjoy a short window to win and a pending rebuild in no time.

lets see

trades the future for a 3C, let him and   Zadorov who was a huge piece on the blue line walk…

sold rock bottom on Kuzmenko..  brilliant

Signed a 4.75mil PKer who did fuck all in Mikheyev.

so far he’s looking much like Gillis you’re right. 

riddle might this Elf, why hasn’t Gillass been able to get a job? Goes from GM to UVIC prof. EL OH EL

No GM is perfect, I would add the Myers resigning as a negative for PA also. We should've said we want to improve our team and circle back to him after free agent frenzy...If Myers didn't like that he could sign somewhere else. I am hoping Desharnais can develop into a nice addition for us. Bit surpised we had to pay him 2m, but I take him at 2m for 2 yrs anyday over an older Myers who got 2yrs of NMC on a 3yr deal.

It is well known, I am NOT a Myers fan and he was terrible for us for much of that bloated contract he got. I was surprised how much fans wanted him back and are okay with his new deal. Guy will be 36/37 at end of deal and will make a TON of terrible plays and bad penalties for the next 3 years.

Mik was by far the worst FA signing by PA, Myers is a close 2nd in my books. Then we see good value signings made and makes me wonder what we could have done with 4.75m to Mik and 3m to Myers...oh the what ifs haha!!

Can hockey season start yet!? 

Best of luck to the Dutchman Sprong, I am part Dutch and as the saying goes if you ain't Dutch you ain't much...My Grandpas words haha

19 minutes ago, Provost said:

I guess if you get enough 3rd and 4th liners that is the same as getting a top

six guy?

There is no way you can complain about the roster make up. This teams forward group is most likely the deepest in the league. 

What would you prefer, what Tor di sign 4 guys to to large amounts and then have nothing for depth players.

• Cheers 1