Tenant in Metro Vancouver apartment advised against using Air Conditioning

samiamnot

18 hours ago, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

What's the threshold for needing AC? Are we talking in Van down by the river?

There's no threshold I guess if you are uncomfortable it is what it is.

I was just under the impression it wasn't that warm in Van but I haven't been keeping track.

13 minutes ago, chris12345 said:

I was just under the impression it wasn't that warm in Van

It hasnt been that warm

the interior has been toasty though

1 hour ago, MattJVD said:

In the last place I rented before I bought, the kitchen vent hood didn't go anywhere. The fan just blew all the fumes into the cupboard above the stove. Glad I'm out of there!

no kidding, yikes. My first rent amount was $285/mo tho.... that part I miss. 

1 hour ago, bishopshodan said:

what is it?

My Dart Swinger is about a month away from it resto being completed, rust fixed and new rear quarters . I'm stoked. I had the vinyl roof removed and had the roof just painted instead. I post a pic when its done. 

I've been driving my 84 VW Vanagon so far this summer, totally different than the Dodge but soo much fun to drive.

I'll pm you as it's far too rare and I prefer to keep myself anonymous to some folks on this site. 

• Cheers 1

8 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

Not knocking the idea of AC, and some old folks could sure use it, but man is the world ever addicted to it.

I have a few old vehicles, none have AC. 

I was out yesterday, windows down, tunes up, it's summer! At stop lights, i noticed maybe 1 in 10 have their windows down. Everyone one is chilling in their temp controlled cabs. 

We're softer than we used to be. 

Also, when I used to visit Vegas a lot, I would start to hate the AC. I dont think it is good for the lungs.

You sound like my parents, buddy of mine’s dad who was from Italy used to cover AC vents in his car with aluminum foil.

For some reason Europeans are not big into AC’s of any kind, might be related to their fear of window/door draft.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, CBH1926 said:

You sound like my parents, buddy of mine’s dad who was from Italy used to cover AC vents in his car with aluminum foil.

For some reason Europeans are not big into AC’s of any kind, might be related to their fear of window/door draft.

I never thought it might be part of my heritage. Us Brits do hate drafts! 😆

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I never thought it might be part of my heritage. Us Brits do hate drafts! 😆

Not as much as Eastern Europeans, my parents still won’t leave the house if they washed their 😂

Don’t ask me why.