NHL Team Travel Distance, 24/25 season

54 minutes ago, UnkNuk said:

I'm surprised the Canucks are as low as they are.  I would have guessed top three.

Probably lobbying by the management team.  Good to see that we are generally in the middle of the pack for total travel distance, might finally help reduce some of the wear and tear the team would normally face over the course of the season.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Crazy that Pittsburgh travels 24,000 miles less than Dallas…

How is that not a MAJOR advantage. Hopefully they at least counter it with less back to backs for Dallas and more for Pittsburgh.

Surprised to see the list and seeing the Canucks middle of the pack. I think a lot has to do with the more games played against divisional opponents. Calgary/Edmonton/Seattle are all close by. LA/Anaheim/SJ/Vegas not too far away either.

4 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Crazy that Pittsburgh travels 24,000 miles less than Dallas…

How is that not a MAJOR advantage. Hopefully they at least counter it with less back to backs for Dallas and more for Pittsburgh.

The NHL could even things out if they wanted to.  For instance, they could tell Pittsburgh that when they travel to play Philadelphia they have to fly through LA.

Edited by UnkNuk
  • Haha 2

This coming season seems to be one of the most favorable schedules for the Canucks I can remember. Middle of the pack for travel distance and relatively few back-to-backs. Of course the flip side is if the team does struggle to repeat last seasons improvement we can't really blame the schedule.

4 hours ago, D.B Cooper said:

No complaining about that this year…..

Yup, nobody should this year.  Mods should sticky this so we can refer back to it when people talk about travel for the Canucks lol

• Like 1