Paris 2024 Olympic Games

UnkNuk

One of those perfectly timed photos......makes it look like Brazialian surfer Gabriel Medina can fly as well as surf:

988e8963-c45d-4109-9c42-6ed2a5cec579.thumb.webp.d95bd648d9576cef058e69cb71ae8ebf.webp

Medina had just scored a 9.90 and jumped off his board in celebration when French Photographer Jerome Brouillet took this shot....

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

One of those perfectly timed photos......makes it look like Brazialian surfer Gabriel Medina can fly as well as surf:

988e8963-c45d-4109-9c42-6ed2a5cec579.thumb.webp.d95bd648d9576cef058e69cb71ae8ebf.webp

Medina had just scored a 9.90 and jumped off his board in celebration when French Photographer Jerome Brouillet took this shot....

I figured if the surf competition got some good waves at one of the best and most intense surf spots in the world that the photos from the event would be some of the best in the Olympics but wasnt expecting one like this. Looks like he is standing on that cloud

here is the actual wave he caught which was a near perfect 10

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

okay call me what you will... why do we seem to be in EVERY SINGLE pool with the host French ?

football, volleyball, women's 7's rugby, I mean everyone knows that the hosts get the favorable calls to boost the hometown crowd.

break dancing IS NOT A SPORT !!!!!

I'd like to see parkour as an event, similar to x-country or moto-x... speed counts for everything. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, grumpyone said:

break dancing IS NOT A SPORT !!!!!

I'd like to see parkour as an event, similar to x-country or moto-x... speed counts for everything. 

Meh, it`s kinda like gymnasitcs put to music.

I'll allow it.

Really wish they would stick to karate over TWD though. Kumite is way better point fighting. 

I actaully think they dropped Karate for breakdancing...so now, in one post, i have changed my mind and kinda agree with you!

• Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, UnkNuk said:

In case you were wondering:

Find out which Olympic sport you could play, based on your height and weight

https://apnews.com/what-would-your-best-olympic-sport-be-00000190a37adebeaff0fbffeb6e0000?utm_source=join1440&utm_medium=email&utm_placement=newsletter

That scale is broken, I'm unable to select my weight... :classic_ninja:

• Haha 3

Just now, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

That scale is broken, I'm unable to select my weight... :classic_ninja:

That means your sport is Equestrian....

.....but not as the rider....

• Haha 2
  • chaos 1

Looking at Wednesday's schedule, we all know there's one event that stands out above the rest:

3:13am   Archery  Men's Recurve Individual Final 12

Oh, and apparently there's some soccer game at noon of some import.

36 minutes ago, UnkNuk said:

Looking at Wednesday's schedule, we all know there's one event that stands out above the rest:

3:13am   Archery  Men's Recurve Individual Final 12

Oh, and apparently there's some soccer game at noon of some import.

Took the day off for this, if there is a god they can not lose. Love the fight, fuck the rest of the world.

• Cheers 1