Paris 2024 Olympic Games

UnkNuk

4 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

Hmmmm.....maybe you should give the Bears a call.....:classic_cool:

At my age, the only thing I can do for the Bears is make sure they get plenty of hydration and have enough towels.

• Cheers 1

are we sure that Bettman doesn't work for FIFA... no good on the appeal for leniency about the 6 pt penalty for the women.

I REALLY hope that the ladies win the gold anyway just to throw it back in the officials' faces. 

• Vintage 1

French like few other European nations have always been known for eating and living well.

I like how they decided to treat olympians to cardboard beds, crowded accommodations, stifling heat and food menu that makes military canteen looks like eating at la tour d’argent.

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, grumpyone said:

Canada.... the KING of placing 4th....every.single.Olympics.

Look at it from the perspective. You are top 10 in the world at a sport or activity. That means you are better than 99.9% of everyone else.

Don't fall for the US mentality of Gold Medals are all that matter. If you are a 100 m sprinter. And you finish 1 second behind the fastest person on the planet. You are probably better than anyone else in your country. Just not better than everyone in the world.

The amount of training, and discipline, and effort to get to that level, not everyone can do. If you gave it all you had. That's the best you can do.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Rip The Mesh said:

If you're in Vancouver, go to the next Rugby 7's event. It's all day over 2 days. All the matches are 14 minutes each. Most teams play 2-3 times per day so that's not unusual.

The crowds are amazing and come from all over the world. It's very entertaining. (I do wish we had a BC place sized venue with real grass turf.)

I did the size/weight thing. It said Rugby 7's. I'll tell you straight out, I can't run full out like that especially with my knees.

• Cheers 1

33 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

(I do wish we had a BC place sized venue with real grass turf.)

Ask, and ye shalt receiveth!

https://vancouver.citynews.ca/video/2024/07/26/bc-place-installs-real-grass-ahead-of-whitecaps-match-vs-wrexham-afc/

...of course, it's probably already taken out again.  :hurhur:

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Ask, and ye shalt receiveth!

https://vancouver.citynews.ca/video/2024/07/26/bc-place-installs-real-grass-ahead-of-whitecaps-match-vs-wrexham-afc/

...of course, it's probably already taken out again.  :hurhur:

If Japan and South Korea can make stadiums with real grass turf, why can't we? Why didn't they include that in the reno's to upgrade BC Place?

• Cheers 2

17 hours ago, UnkNuk said:

In case you were wondering:

Find out which Olympic sport you could play, based on your height and weight

https://apnews.com/what-would-your-best-olympic-sport-be-00000190a37adebeaff0fbffeb6e0000?utm_source=join1440&utm_medium=email&utm_placement=newsletter

Judo

come at me bro GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

If Japan and South Korea can make stadiums with real grass turf, why can't we? Why didn't they include that in the reno's to upgrade BC Place?

That would be a massive job installing irrigation and people to maintain it.

Probably not worth the cost.