Paris 2024 Olympic Games

UnkNuk

1 hour ago, -dlc- said:

Way to go, Ilya! Bronze medal in the 200m butterfly!

453722076_10161089406165549_564827421529

I watched him in his semi-final last night. Apparently, his parents are Cirque du Soleil performers and they happened to be in Canada when Ilya was born.

The rest is history...🇨🇦

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

I watched him in his semi-final last night. Apparently, his parents are Cirque du Soleil performers and they happened to be in Canada when Ilya was born.

The rest is history...🇨🇦

I really liked his interview just now...seems very down to earth. Sounds confident...like he's almost disappointed to bring Canada a bronze when really he should be super proud. Seems like a hungry athlete and the sky's the limit if that's the case. A bright future for sure.

I thought I heard that he trains with or was teammates with Marchand (awful name) in Arizona....not sure if I got it right or not. Said he was coming for him. Like the attitude.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Silent Man said:

Does not matter how the game ends- our ladies are heroes already. HUGE respect- true will and determination. Hope Canucks  are taking notes

Would be fitting if this story ends in gold.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Silent Man said:

Does not matter how the game ends- our ladies are heroes already. HUGE respect- true will and determination. Hope Canucks  are taking notes

"When they go low, we...kick ass"

Something like that.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Huggy Bear 1