Paris 2024 Olympic Games

UnkNuk

Just now, the destroyer of worlds said:

It determines who Canada faces next and their path to the medal round.  

That's for later.  Today we celebrate and tell FIFA to stick it.

When you’re the best, fuck the rest.

3 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Probably ban Canadian Men for World Cup qualifying out of spite.

Don't think they can do that, since we're one of the host countries....:classic_unsure:

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

To stick it for punishing a cheating team? 

The team members didn't cheat. A coach and two others did. So feck off while we celebrate the FAFO due  FIFA

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

14 minutes ago, Cerridwen said:

The team members didn't cheat. A coach and two others did. So feck off while we celebrate the FAFO due  FIFA

So the players weren't prepared with the information gathered by cheating? You realize you're arguing the extent to which CWNST cheated, and not whether or not it happened. It's a miracle FIFA didn't ban them for the entirety of this iteration of the Olympics. It's a disgrace to the Olympics. I'm Canadian. 

18 minutes ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

To stick it for punishing a cheating team? 

Let's get real here....there's all kind of cheating in the Olympics. FIFA.

I mean, the punishment just didn't really fit "the crime". 

• Like 2

How much can they "learn" from flying a drone? I mean, it's not like football is it? With formations and what not.

I don't really watch soccer much so could be wrong.

But it seemed like they were treated much harsher than some other countries might have been. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

So the players weren't prepared with the information gathered by cheating? You realize you're arguing the extent to which CWNST cheated, and not whether or not it happened. It's a miracle FIFA didn't ban them for the entirety of this iteration of the Olympics. It's a disgrace to the Olympics. I'm Canadian. 

Rolling Eyes Eye Roll GIF

5 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

How much can they "learn" from flying a drone? I mean, it's not like football is it? With formations and what not.

But it seemed like they were treated much harsher than some other countries might have been. 

Tons. It's an incredibly strategic game. FIFA was lenient letting them have a chance at qualifying for the round of 16. 

• Desmenko 1

6 minutes ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

So you are blaming the players as well?  They did not initiate the spying.  Sure they could have benefitted but unwittingly so.  They were victims just like the fans.  They bore the brunt of the displinary action by having to run the table to make it past the preliminary round.  But I’m not blaming FIFA per se unlike some here.  They had to do something.  Unfortunately it was a bit heavy handed.  

7 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

not enough to be world #2.....or World #22 for that matter....

2 minutes ago, coho8888 said:

But I’m not blaming FIFA per se unlike some here.  They had to do something.  Unfortunately it was a bit heavy handed.  

FIFA is as fair and transparent as MBS is benevolent to and protective of his detractors. :classic_ninja:

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

FIFA was lenient letting them have a chance at qualifying for the round of 16. 

I don't share your opinion.

At all.

• Thanks 2