Paris 2024 Olympic Games

UnkNuk

4 hours ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Are we talking about the same thing? This is what I was talking about, once.

It doesn't seem right to me, however, I'm all set for Hockey soon so I don't really care. 9️⃣

You care enough to keep arguing about it and quoting JK Rowling 

• Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, Pears said:

Not that you care about actual facts or reality or anything but this has already been debunked

Him and his camp are just mad that they're all under 30 with 55 year old hairlines and angry because this woman produces more testosterone than they do

• Haha 2

So I havnt really waded into the Olympic boxing controversy mostly because I believe I lack all the information to make an informed decision.

In some respects I think this grey area Im in is being worked out in real time as we speak in Paris.

It could be that what is occurring and all the “discussion” around it might end up causing much more stringent categories in the future, and yet in turn lead to those categories being redefined again.  I dont know for sure but thats what Im spit-balling.

However I find it hilarious to me though are these commentators who have a clearly conservative agenda, talking about athletes being killed etc etc.  These people know F-all about amateur boxing with its standing 8 counts and bias towards athlete safety, not to mention glove size and filling, and highly regulated hand-wrapping.  

Further, sometimes in boxing opponents are outmatched regardless-thats just how the sport goes sometimes.   People are making all sorts of inferences and reading into things who, lets be honest, dont know **** about boxing.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

You care enough to keep arguing about it and quoting JK Rowling 

I'll say one thing about JKR, she has provided me with real teaching moments with kids who love Harry Potter.......can you live the art and still understand the artist isn't a particularly good person?

So Katie Ledecky becomes 2nd most decorated female Olympian in history with 13 medals.

Phenomenal achievement in itself, Michael Phelps has 28 medals, that is absolutely ridiculous number!

That record will not be broken for many years to come.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Rip The Mesh said:

I read that in Olymic boxing the two boxers that lose in the semi-finals get bronze medals.

Why is that?  Why wouldn't they have a bronze medal match?

3 hours ago, bolt said:

img_5_1722549534305.jpg

I have a friend that was a victim of physical spousal abuse.  Your post was insensitive, disrespectful and disgusting.  Please educate yourself on these issues before you post again.

• Huggy Bear 1

14 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

So Katie Ledecky becomes 2nd most decorated female Olympian in history with 13 medals.

Phenomenal achievement in itself, Michael Phelps has 28 medals, that is absolutely ridiculous number!

That record will not be broken for many years to come.

Phelps better worry, I hear there's a Turkish pistol shooter that might give him a run for his money.

• Haha 1

Looking at Friday's schedule, it looks like another swimming afternoon.  Three medal matches that have Canadians in them:

11:30  Men's 50m Freestyle  (Joshua Leindo #8)

11:36 Women's 200m Backstroke (Kylie Masse #2)

11:43 Men's 200m Individual Medley (Findlay Knox #8)

Given their starting positions none of them would seem to be favourites but who knows?

Then Summer should make another appearance in the 200m Individual Medley semi-final at 12:22.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, UnkNuk said:

I read that in Olymic boxing the two boxers that lose in the semi-finals get bronze medals.

Why is that?  Why wouldn't they have a bronze medal match?

The guy who writes the rules kept coming in 4th.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Him and his camp are just mad that they're all under 30 with 55 year old hairlines and angry because this woman produces more testosterone than they do

Something something involuntary something