Paris 2024 Olympic Games

UnkNuk

8 hours ago, Dumb Nuck said:

What if someone grew to 20’ tall and was actually quite coordinated? They could dominate pretty much any Olympic category or professional sport they played, problem is it would destroy those sports, no one would watch after the initial novelty and no one would care. Would you ban such a person or not?

Let's spend some time considering things that will never, ever, happen in order that we can better discuss things that do happen. Sounds like a plan.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

8 hours ago, Dumb Nuck said:

What if someone grew to 20’ tall and was actually quite coordinated? They could dominate pretty much any Olympic category or professional sport they played, problem is it would destroy those sports, no one would watch after the initial novelty and no one would care. Would you ban such a person or not?

Aaron Judge is allowed to play baseball.

NBA drafts really tall people.

----------------------------

If people were all equal, there would be equal results. Everyone would tie. Nobody will watching that either.

• ThereItIs 1

6 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

You don't have to like him, but for his age, he won Olympic gold this morning;

I know he's the best, but he just rubs me the wrong way. Can't stand him.

I've loved tennis for a long time and have many favourites, he didn't make the list.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Jaimito said:

Still a great champ. 

He'll always be a winner, he already claimed that status.

And wow, talk about perspective. That's it right there. Awesome.

• Cheers 1

This must have looked so bizarre, until it was explained--why.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/other/why-usa-star-freddie-crittenden-strolled-to-110m-hurdles-last-place-on-purpose/ar-AA1od08r?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=b26b5e0e7008480cb1f328e9102a7123&ei=18

Team USA’s Freddie Crittenden put in a surprising performance in his 110m hurdles heat at the Olympics, strolling to last place, but there was a good reason for it.

The 29-year-old was in no rush to cross the finish line, jogging his way to a time of 18.27s and a long way behind his closest rival.

However, it was all part of the plan as the American is not quite fully fit and he didn’t want to push himself too hard and really injure himself.

The repechage has been introduced for some events at Paris 2024, including the 110m hurdles, meaning Crittenden will have another crack at qualifying for the semi-finals on Tuesday.

Athletes get a crack at the repechage if they finish outside the top three of the heats, are not one of the next three fastest to not automatically qualify and as long as they start their heat, finish and are not disqualified.

--------------------

more at link.

28 minutes ago, Gurn said:

Aaron Judge is allowed to play baseball.

NBA drafts really tall people.

----------------------------

If people were all equal, there would be equal results. Everyone would tie. Nobody will watching that either.

Yes but Eddie Gaedel, had his contact voided and could no longer play because he had an immense advantage.

16 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Yes but Eddie Gaedel, had his contact voided and could no longer play because he had an immense advantage.

Had to look up this guy, I knew a short fella had played, but that was all.

Seems like discrimination, based on height.

I'd guess the only fielding position he might have been able to handle would be catcher, as he wouldn't need to run far.

All in all, he would be a net drag on his team,  due to lack of bench depth.

A lot of disappointing results this morning....

Joker beats Alcaraz

Tommy Fleetwood finishes 2nd.....again....

Women's basketball team goes 0-fer...

Also, a bit under the radar, I was expecting another Canadian swimmer to pick up medals, but we've hardly heard Maggie McNeil's name in these games....

2 hours ago, Rip The Mesh said:

You don't have to like him, but for his age, he won Olympic gold this morning;

Who cares? What a piece of crap. How big is this guy's head and ego? You're a tennis player. Relax King Douchebag

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Who cares? What a piece of crap. How big is this guy's head and ego? You're a tennis player. Relax King Douchebag

Yep, at 37 he may win titles but he's got a lot to learn about humility in my opinion.

I always cheer against him.

• Cheers 2

9 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Yep, at 37 he may win titles but he's got a lot to learn about humility in my opinion.

Every baby face needs a heel. Right hulk hogan?, Donald? Lex Luthor?

• Cheers 1

27 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Yeah me too. He really seems to think the world revolves around him. Never seen an athlete put himself on a pedestal like this guy. Maybe Ronaldo. Revolting personality in my opinion. Wasn't he too good for all the other Olympic athletes so he didn't even stay in the village? 🤣 Haha, what a loser.

Loved that Williams race. He really just gutted it out to qualify for the semi's. 🇨🇦