Paris 2024 Olympic Games

UnkNuk

Looking at Monday's schedule, what jumped out at me was:

.......well, actually nothing.  :classic_sad:

It's strange.  In the first week we had the Canadian Women's Soccer team and the drone controversy.   And the Women's Rugby 7s.  And Summer McIntosh and the Women's Swim team.  And the Men's and Women's 100m race.  And now those are all over and there's kind of an emptiness.

I'm hoping in the remaining week some stories will develop and the schedule gets more interesting.   But for tomorrow, might do a bit of casual browsing here and there.  But it's basically an Olympic break day.

1 hour ago, UnkNuk said:

It's strange.  In the first week we had the Canadian Women's Soccer team and the drone controversy.   And the Women's Rugby 7s.  And Summer McIntosh and the Women's Swim team.  And the Men's and Women's 100m race.  And now those are all over and there's kind of an emptiness.

I'm hoping in the remaining week some stories will develop and the schedule gets more interesting.   But for tomorrow, might do a bit of casual browsing here and there.  But it's basically an Olympic break day.

Right. Men basketball play off starts Tuesday. Canada vs. France

12 hours ago, UnkNuk said:

Lots of Canadian content still going on.

We have a woman in the pole vault final and the diving final.

We have Degrasse racing today for a spot in the 200m final.

We have 3x3 women’s basketball today for a chance to play Spain for gold.

Women’s volleyball team is in the round of 16 and playing the US right now.

Mens basketball starts Tuesday.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Cheers 2

11 hours ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Why? One clearly won, the other was second, thought the “everybody wins” crap died years ago.

Comment was made right after the results. Didn't have the convenience of grabbing the photo and putting lines on it. 

Also anything down to 0.005s is not clearly as far as humans are concerned. It is called photo finish for a reason. 

1 hour ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Dang! is Great Britten trying to make us a colony again?

Lol with their economy and current meltdown. More likely Canada make Great Britain our colony and that is saying something. 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Waits for people to bitch that the US lost in beach volleyball because they wore more comfortable bottoms. I admire the female form as much as the next person. But if you're trying to compete and you are more comfortable in competition I'm totally ok with wearing what you want.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1