Paris 2024 Olympic Games

UnkNuk

5 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

I think it does. Even if the win out, the best they can do is 3 points and I can't see that being enough to advance.

The penalty makes sense though. FIFA had to ensure that Canada doesn't advance, but sending them home altogether would create a competitive imbalance for the rest of the field. By letting them play their final two matches, they ensure that other teams in the group earn their spot(s) in the Knockout stage.

What concerns me more is the possibility that the team could lose their Gold from the Tokyo games.

It’s actually not as dire as I thought.

Yes it’s tough but a draw tomorrow between New Zealand and Colombia would change alot.

All of a sudden a draw against France and a win against Colombia could be enough.

Edited by DeNiro

16 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

It’s actually not as dire as I thought.

Yes it’s tough but a draw tomorrow between New Zealand and Colombia would change alot.

All of a sudden a draw against France and a win against Colombia could be enough.

Yeah, it's not totally hopeless....just highly unlikely....

At least if gives the ladies something to play for. (besides pride)

1 minute ago, RupertKBD said:

Yeah, it's not totally hopeless....just highly unlikely....

At least if gives the ladies something to play for. (besides pride)

I wouldn’t say highly unlikely. 

But yea a lot needs to break their way. 

Tomorrow has the potential to significantly change those odds though is all I’m saying.

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Bob Long said:

It's funny. 

14 minutes ago, bolt said:

Mocking religion is funny to you? Would it have been funny if they made fun of Islam? 

13 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Dunno, it was funny on it's own.

It's kind of funny.....but it's got nothing on "The Penultimate Supper".....

51q6ay4cpgd11.thumb.webp.ffb597b5c8ab479b8d50c48cc73e462a.webp

Always got a chuckle out of the bit where Jesus is making the reservation: "Hi, I need a reservation for 26 people please".

When they arrive, the Maitre D asks why they needed a reservation for 26, when there are only 13 of them.....

"Because we're all going to sit on the same side of the table".....

• Haha 3
  • Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

Always got a chuckle out of the bit where Jesus is making the reservation: "Hi, I need a reservation for 26 people please".

When they arrive, the Maitre D asks why they needed a reservation for 26, when there are only 13 of them.....

With the outfit of the Lumberjack, I keep thinking of singing. "I'm an Apostle, and I'm ok...."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Ghostsof1915 said:

With the outfit of the Lumberjack, I keep thinking of singing. "I'm an Apostle, and I'm ok...."

"What? One Christ?!" :classic_huh:

"You want a bloody photograph, you do, mate....."

11 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Hilarious, yes. 

What's funnier is that those people that are offended by this are totally OK with pictures of depicting Trump as christ or something holy.  That's a true insult to a religion. 

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

6 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

Echoes of mel brooks' last supper in HotW, part 2.

https://youtu.be/y3kcnm2THXI?si=KtkQi6ZdEdlqEjD4

35 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Just the first of many for Summer. 

Relays later in the day. 

I'm impressed that she swam in the 400m freestyle and then, about a half hour later, swam as a member of the team in the Women's 4x100 relay.  The recuperative powers of these athletes is remarkable.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

What's funnier is that those people that are offended by this are totally OK with pictures of depicting Trump as christ or something holy.  That's a true insult to a religion. 

That dudes tesitcles hanging out and the kid looking like "wtf mate. was pretty hilarious?

Edited by bolt
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, TheBearded1 said:

anyone questioning Paris's decision and depiction of The Last Supper - in Drag?  

Not as much as I'm questioning the six point deduction on our Women's soccer team.   

• ThereItIs 1

4 minutes ago, bolt said:

That dudes tesitcles hanging out and the kid looking like "wtf mate. was pretty hilarious?

Actually didn't watch the entire opening and missed it.  Still don't think it's a big deal.  Conservatives are such snowflakes. So are Muslims. Charlie Hebdo comes to mind. 

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

10 minutes ago, UnkNuk said:

Not as much as I'm questioning the six point deduction on our Women's soccer team.   

Should have been a 3 point deduction.  6 points basically means elimination.  This is now not a fair competion.

7 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Actually didn't watch the entire opening and missed it.  Still don't think it's a big deal.  Conservatives are such snowflakes. So are Muslims. Charlie Hebdo comes to mind. 

You want to compare the violent Islamists who kill LGBQ people and the Charlie Hebdo retaliation massacres to Christians? 

France would be burning "more" right now if they did the same to Islam.  

Edited by bolt