Paris 2024 Olympic Games

UnkNuk

1 minute ago, FanInNorway said:

Wow what a fantastic win for the women's beach volleyball team over the Swiss to go to the Finals!
Really cheering for these 2 to win. 

They rose to the occasion for sure. Facing adversity, down a set but they dug in and never gave up. Really resilient.Stayed focused and the Swiss seemed to lose a bit of composure at the end...you could see things shift as they expected Canada to go away but they didn't. Really proud of these girls.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

They rose to the occasion for sure. Facing adversity, down a set but they dug in and never gave up. Really resilient.Stayed focused and the Swiss seemed to lose a bit of composure at the end...you could see things shift as they expected Canada to go away but they didn't. Really proud of these girls.

Yeah they really grinded that win out. Showed what it means to be Canadian.

They just need to do it again one more time for Gold!

• Like 1

Had the game live on my phone while I worked. 

Was down 0-1 at the time. I tuned it off, since there was so little clothing on.  Didn't want to get in trouble at the hospital. 

• Like 1

It's kind of interesting to me that sports I'd never think of watching capture my attention when it's the Olympics. 

I'm really into the women's beach volleyball...first, it was the back drop that wow'd me. Then the women's team sold me on their gameplay and how they battled.

So what sports are you most into? Obviously, when we're in contention it draws us in but, overall, what is the stuff that you're interested in?

I'm loving the track, swimming and beach volleyball. I'm not as into the bike stuff (although, in past Olympics that wasn't the case). 

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, FanInNorway said:

Yeah they really grinded that win out. Showed what it means to be Canadian.

They just need to do it again one more time for Gold!

I think the Swiss got rattled when the Canadians wouldn't go away. Saw a few serve errors and I think the mental game came into play when the Canadians didn't roll over and die.

22 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Had the game live on my phone while I worked. 

Was down 0-1 at the time. I tuned it off, since there was so little clothing on.  Didn't want to get in trouble at the hospital. 

These girls are amazing!

13 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

It's kind of interesting to me that sports I'd never think of watching capture my attention when it's the Olympics. 

I'm really into the women's beach volleyball...first, it was the back drop that wow'd me. Then the women's team sold me on their gameplay and how they battled.

So what sports are you most into? Obviously, when we're in contention it draws us in but, overall, what is the stuff that you're interested in?

I'm loving the track, swimming and beach volleyball. I'm not as into the bike stuff (although, in past Olympics that wasn't the case). 

Rugby 7's, swimming, all distances, my boys were competitive swimmers, H2O polo, track, not so much field events, and I'd like gymnastics if it wasn't such a reputation sport when scoring is involved.

• Like 1

Interesting article about Lyles.  Apparently, he's suffered from asthma and mental health issues.

Five things to know about sprint champion Noah Lyles

"I have asthma, allergies, dyslexia, ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder), anxiety and depression. But I will tell you that what you have does not define what you can become. Why not you!" he wrote.

https://www.reuters.com/sports/olympics/athletics-five-things-know-about-sprint-champion-noah-lyles-2024-08-07/

• Thanks 1