Paris 2024 Olympic Games

UnkNuk

7 minutes ago, Silent Man said:

Correct me if I wrong, but looks like any win against Columbia will give Canada second place in the group?

Correct.

Unless New Zealand somehow beat France by a huge amount which is unlikely 

• Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Blow the whistle ref! 

That was ridiculous.

Way to make it obvious you want France to tie it. Like a minute or two fine, but that was over three minutes with multiple changes of possession!

• Cheers 1
  • chaos 1

So if Canada can beat Columbia and France beats New Zealand they advance?

What a game.  I don't get why Beckie didn't play the whole game.  When she came on the entire game changed.  Go Canada

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Bell said:

What a game.  I don't get why Beckie didn't play the whole game.  When she came on the entire game changed.  Go Canada

I was only able to catch the last 20 min or so... the refs did their best to ensure a tie... and France did their best to waste time, going down with 'injuries' on every second play.

But the Canadians were able to persevere through it all and come up with the win.

After we scored, that was an awfully long delay before they restarted the game... I bet they had an extra 20 people examining those VAR to try to find SOMETHING that they could use to disallow it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bell said:

Doesn’t really matter what New Zealand does since they won’t have the tie breaker in a scenario where Canada beats Colombia.

• Cheers 2

Some history lessons for those that didn't understand the opening ceremony.  It wasn't even the last supper (which wasn't even a contemporary painting of the supposed actual event anyway). 

Best comment:

"If some of you weren’t so busy trying to end the Dept. of Education, you might know this.

Loosen the clutch on your pearls and get your panties pulled out of your A** 😉

Edited by Jaimito
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

3 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

#MiracleOnGrass is trending on Twitter 

To add to how clutch that victory was, they had only beaten France 4 times in the previous 16 meetings.

Talk about coming up big in a big moment!

That’s heart! Thats Canada baby!

• Like 2

This tournament is better with Canada in it.

I hope the officials realize that if they’re thinking about managing further matches to further punish the Canadians.

I mean what soccer fan wouldn’t wanna see a rematch between these two teams? Games like that are what advance this sport. That was an intense rivalry on display there. 

• Like 1

Unless I’m missing something if Canada beats Columbia based on goal differential the are ahead of Columbia in the standings.

If New Zealand beats France then all 4 teams have 3 points and unless New Zealand wins by at least 6 goals Canada would be 1st, worst case 2nd if New Zealand scores 6.

If France wins, they win the group with 3 points but since Columbia would finish behind Canada and New Zealand would have 0 points Canada is still in.

Thus all that matters is Canada wins.