Jim Rutherford Interview on Bob McCown Podcast

AK-19

I was never a fan of Bob Mccown but his health has certainly taken a turn for the worse.  He was spitting all over the place in that interview.  That was a tough watch

• Sad 1

Welp, disappointing to hear him say that he can't point out any players that had off years. Only 6 players had career years in terms of point production this past season (not that that's necessarily a bad thing). I'd certainly say Mikheyev, Kuzmenko, Lindholm, Beauvillier, Soucy, and Podkolzin had off years relative to what they've shown they're capable of.

Beauvillier, mikheyev, kuzmenko, and lindholm aren’t part of our team anymore. And lindholm didn’t even play more of the year with us. So that just leaves soucy and podz. Soucy was fine when he wasn’t injured. Maybe you could argue it was a down year based on injuries at most? Podz wasn’t really a down year, he just didn’t progress much. Not to pick apart your post, but I don’t think him saying that is disappointing at all. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Pianoman said:

Beauvillier, mikheyev, kuzmenko, and lindholm aren’t part of our team anymore. And lindholm didn’t even play more of the year with us. So that just leaves soucy and podz. Soucy was fine when he wasn’t injured. Maybe you could argue it was a down year based on injuries at most? Podz wasn’t really a down year, he just didn’t progress much. Not to pick apart your post, but I don’t think him saying that is disappointing at all. 

Podz also suffered a concussion the early part of the season. I don't think he really got into the swing of things last year.

1 hour ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Podz also suffered a concussion the early part of the season. I don't think he really got into the swing of things last year.

Yeah, he was looking great before the injury. He didn't come back quite as strong. Perfectly understandable.

After everything, it would really suck to lose him on waivers. But it is what it is at this point. Hope he comes into camp ready this time.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

11 hours ago, Pianoman said:

I disagree. I think one should be realistic with what's happening with the team. Those players did not have good seasons last year with Rick, regardless of them still being with the team or not. Lindholm's production on this team was bad. 6 points in 20 games. That's not good utilization for point production. Sure Petey was injured at the time, but either way, should be able to get a player that had a point a game the year before, including 40 goals, to put up more than 6 points in 20 games.

I'm not suggesting that we don't have a good coaching staff; we do. But you still need to be realistic, and saying that no one on the team last year had a down year isn't realistic; it's disappointing.