Oilers hire Stan Bowman as GM and Executive VP

9 minutes ago, Don Brodka Jr said:

It shouldn't even be up to Kyle Beach.. The NHL Office should grow a fucking backbone and just outright banned the fuckers involved.. but they simply don't care. It's all so inconsistent too.. Different set of rules for different people it seems.. The NHL still won't let a team sign that Mitchell Miller dude to an entry level deal, they've completely blacklisted that guy yet a 'Low-key predator' like Logan Mailloux from Montreal got to make his NHL debut last season no problem! 

Sports and entertainment in general has never been about inconsistency. It’s about namesake.

You have high profile celebrities, who done some shady activities in the past, active in the entertainment business. Guys who are enriched in hall of fame, in their respective sports are idolized, who have dark past. Yet no one has bat an eye.

12 minutes ago, Pears said:

Is that why he reinstated Bowman, Quennville and MacIsaac in the middle of the opening day of free agency because he knew doing it then wouldn't get nearly as much attention as it would have on any other day?

Are you the President of the Tinfoil Hat Committee?

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Rekker said:

Ffnn joke. The even bigger joke will be the Sportsnets spin making this as a "feel good story". I've never wished this shit stain franchise and it's fan base such ill will.

This is disgusting. This man should not be allowed near another NHL team

• Like 2

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

Personally I wouldn't allow him near a school, let alone am NHL team.

I agree! It's not just what he did regarding Beech, but  he wrote that POS a recommendation so he could go and abuse other kids after he knew. There are lots of places he can go to rehabilitate his image and career if he has reformed. But, any form of Hockey should be permanently off limits! 

• Like 1

The Edmonton Coilers have proved once again they are the most classless organization (tied with Chicago actually) in the NHL. What a disgrace that team is, both on and off the ice. I hope those scumbags never win the Cup.

Funny seeing some oiler media already trying to wash Bowman's image because he has a relationship with the victim.  What message does this send to future managers who might be in a similar situation? - Just sweep it under the rug and or ignore and win at all costs ...you will be ok as long as you say sorry and repair/mend your relationship with victim years down the road.  There needs to be a cost for these actions - like never being employed in the league again.  Its not like there arent other talented people that can do the job.

• Cheers 2

This is on Gary Bettman 100%. What this situation calls for is a Commissioner with balls. Think back to baseball during the time of the gambling scandal known as the Black Sox scandal. Even though all the suspected players were found not guilty by a jury the Commissioner later issued the following ruling.....

"Regardless of the verdict of juries, no player that throws a ball game; no player that undertakes or promises to throw a ball game; no player that sits in a conference with a bunch of crooked players and gamblers where the ways and means of throwing ball games are planned and discussed and does not promptly tell his club about it, will ever play professional baseball. Of course, I don't know that any of these men will apply for reinstatement, but if they do, the above are at least a few of the rules that will be enforced. Just keep in mind that, regardless of the verdict of juries, baseball is competent to protect itself against crooks, both inside and outside the game."

Just change every mention of gambling to sexual assault, protecting sexual assaulters, failing the sexually assaulted and there you go.

But Commissioner Bettman is no Commissioner Landis.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

9 minutes ago, Darius said:

Funny seeing some oiler media already trying to wash Bowman's image because he has a relationship with the victim.  What message does this send to future managers who might be in a similar situation? - Just sweep it under the rug and or ignore and win at all costs ...you will be ok as long as you say sorry and repair/mend your relationship with victim years down the road.  There needs to be a cost for these actions - like never being employed in the league again.  Its not like there arent other talented people that can do the job.

sportsnet is going to do everything it can to wash this clean. 

4 minutes ago, Chickenspear said:

Oilers fans should organize protests if they truly believe this is not ok. Put pressure on ownership.

Putting pressure on sponsors will be more effective. Ownership has clearly demonstrated that they don't care how much of a disgrace to the sport this abomination of a franchise is.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, King Heffy said:

Putting pressure on sponsors will be more effective. Ownership has clearly demonstrated that they don't care how much of a disgrace to the sport this abomination of a franchise is.

Meh. Sportsnet has their fist so far up the Coilers whatnots that this will get steered in the all is Rosy direction. I need to seriously reconsider how I watch sports and which Networks I support. This spring was a shamefull display of ass kissing and it's going to continue in full force.

• ThereItIs 2

7 minutes ago, Rekker said:

Meh. Sportsnet has their fist so far up the Coilers whatnots that this will get steered in the all is Rosy direction. I need to seriously reconsider how I watch sports and which Networks I support. This spring was a shamefull display of ass kissing and it's going to continue in full force.

they didn't even try to hide it after a while, it was pathetic to watch. But also satisfying to watch the Coilers still lose 😂

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Darius said:

Yes but that's because the human shitstain Gary Buttman is a spineless coward lacking the moral compass to do what's right. 

2 hours ago, Breadnbutta said:

I'm creeping the oilers subreddit and I'd say 90% or more of their fan base is pissed.

This seems a lot like the Babcock and Columbus thing last year.

I don't think this hire will last 

I agree. This won’t last long.