Sedins to be more involved with Canuck Power play

3 hours ago, Hammertime said:

Kinda seems like Gretz coaching. It doesn't translate well for others because they don't have the same ability. 

Gawd, the last thing these guys need is more onus on passing the puck around. In all seriousness though maybe they can teach these guys some tricks and the mindset necessary to raise the level. Gotta be more ruthless, cutthroat, and driven imo. Too much floating from all of Miller, Hughes, and Petterson, and cycling at nauseum. If you don't know what the heck you want to do in the first place, re-create and then pass up the same opportunity again on the second try, then really you don't know what it is you are trying to accomplish. Someone has to take the responsibility of being direct. Who wants to be the boss?

Edited by Gawdzukes
  • Cheers 2

• 2 weeks later...

Better be a full-time gig. Powerplay cost us in many big games. I don't know if the sedins are the answer but it better be full-time and hopefully more movement without the puck and faster passes and more shots. 

Edited by OldFaithfulcap

We need to learn how to enter the zone with possession, that's been the major issue for our PP for so many years now. I am so sick of someone bringing the puck up from our zone only to drop it off to the trailing man at centre ice and watch them skate right into someone or throw the puck away.

It's the same thing over and over yet we still continue to do it, I don't understand why we keep trying this horsesh_t entry plan.

florida pp is always in motion, much like the old russisn teams and even the sedins. the sedins were masters at cycling the puck. i remember our pp was  good during their time here. my pet peeve last year was the lack of creativity. tocchet will encourage more of that, this season.

On 7/24/2024 at 2:47 PM, DeNiro said:

I’ll take puck movement and moving their feet over what we were seeing at times.

And not holding onto the puck too long so defenders can get into position would help a ton, not to mention putting a forward in front for screen too.

The way we held onto the puck too long and ended up with so many of our shots getting blocked was infuriating, and giving the opposing goalie lots of time to get set and square to the shooter easily was maddening too. 

From what I saw, that was a lot of the reason our powerplay could have been a lot better, quick passing and shooting is something we can easily do but hopefully the twins can facilitate that.