[SIGNING] Edmonton extends Leon Draisaitl 8 years $14 million AAV

• Elias Pettersson changed the title to [SIGNING] Edmonton extends Leon Draisaitl 8 years $14 million AAV
Just now, Bure10Kuzmenko96 said:

Yup. Hopefully Bouchard gets $10m

Imagine a world where the cap doesn't go up as much as everyone thinks it will 

No way the German whiner lives up to this.

But we all saw how the marketing and reffing went, so I guess we are in for a few more years of that.

• Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 2

1 minute ago, flat land fish said:

Yep right when mcdavid and draisaitl are exiting their prime years

I mean, even if those guys are exiting their prime years, I think they'll still be pretty good, and better than most NHL players. 

• Vintage 1

They are gonna have around 50 million tied up in 4 players when Bouchard and McDavid sign.

The holes in their roster will be a revolving door filled by 30+yr old UFAs on short term deals who think they can go to Edmonton for a year and win a cup.

If you take emotion out of this equation wouldnt it be better to trade Drai for a kings ransom?  They can probably overhaul that defence and stock their cupboards with one trade.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, gwarrior said:

One of them will probably have to go.

You can bet it’s going to be Bouchard if it’s either one of Bouchard and Nurse lol. No one will want Nurse at 9.25 or whatever the hell it is he makes. They are fucked, next year that’s around 50mil on McDavid, Draisaitl, Nurse Bouchard and Skinner. Which Skinner Bouchard and McDavid all need new deals lol. They’re fucked. They need to desperately move out big time salary deals and start filling up the holes with high end potential RFAs

imo