[SIGNING] Edmonton extends Leon Draisaitl 8 years $14 million AAV

4 hours ago, LaBamba said:

I hate the Oilers more than anything but let’s be real, it’s easier to fill the rest of your roster with plugs then it is to find the 2 best players in the world. Leon staying is bad news for us and a major obstacle for our path to the final with this core. 

I'd be willing to bet Demko could've stolen us a game in round 2..

• Like 2
  • Desmenko 1

8 minutes ago, bhoodlum said:

Fuck no. Don't change LaBamba. That's as dumb as asking Anthrax to change their name after the anthrax postal scare.

I'm not sure I'd compare an epic thrash metal band to an internet forum username, but I do see what you mean to some degree in not changing for/because of them.

2 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Those saying one of the top/best in the league (#2)....how are you measuring that?

458214530_10161215895110549_220233626024

I suppose we can say JT Miller is the 3rd best in the League? Must be including more than points and goals in assumptions,

Heck I want JT over all those guys with Boeser to boot at the same AAV

• ThereItIs 1
  • MillerTime 1

43 minutes ago, Drive-By Body Pierce said:

I'm not sure I'd compare an epic thrash metal band to an internet forum username, but I do see what you mean to some degree in not changing for/because of them.

Exactly. If anything, if Edmonton had any sense of shame they'd change their song in deference to LaBamba. 

Also, I am looking forward to watching the Coilers get *nally brutalized as soon as next season by the unlubed dildo of consequences.

• Haha 2
  • Cheers 1

29 minutes ago, EastCoastExpress said:

I suppose we can say JT Miller is the 3rd best in the League? Must be including more than points and goals in assumptions,

Heck I want JT over all those guys with Boeser to boot at the same AAV

Yup. Miller at 8 per is a super team friendly deal. And Big Leon is a guy who doesn’t play the defensive of the puck. Petey is a better player. Coilers will stink bad. Worse than their smelly city. 

• Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 2

28 minutes ago, Canuck You said:

Miller's contract looks like a steal .

When Miller got the contract over Bo, there were so many complaints. And everyone thought it was too much, too old blah bla.

I really hope management is smart enough to do the same with Boeser, 8 years.

Boeser and Miller

Even Boeser and Petey.

Rather have all 3 locked up with Hughes and Demko than anything Edmonton spends or Toronto spends.

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, RWJC said:

“Jim Matheson of The Edmonton Journal tweeted that he believes Edmonton Oilers defenseman Evan Bouchard could get a $10MM AAV on his next deal with the Oilers. The 24-year-old is set to count just $3.9MM against the cap next season in the second year of a two-year deal and is coming off a year in which he registered 18 goals and 64 assists in 81 games. The 10th overall pick in 2018 has matured into one of the most prolific puck-movers in the NHL in just five seasons and has not only produced in the regular season but has been elite in the playoffs as well with 13 goals and 45 assists in 53 career playoff games. If Bouchard does indeed get an AAV at that rate, it will make for a tight salary cap for the Oilers who will also have to consider a Connor McDavid extension.”

https://www.prohockeyrumors.com/2024/09/evening-notes-red-wings-bouchard-obvintsev.html#ref=home

I dunno how Edmonton's going to keep Bouchard, Draisaitl and eventually McDavid all under the cap and also field a competitive team on the ice. 

I mean, I guess the team could find a way to keep all three, but what good is that going to do if the rest of the roster sucks? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Canuck You said:

Miller 3 years ago did not look like he would be an 8M guy. the huge benefit to a long term deal is they get cheaper with every cap raise.

EP40 is overpaid now, but when he gets 140 points this year, its all the sudden a great deal for 8 years.

Boeser is the next target. Not an EP40 deal.... but anyone who saw him in his rookie year knows we gotts the Brock back this year. Sign him now, before he gets 50 goals next year.

We can afford an expansion contract now, but if he does 50? and 50A? Canucks please do it now based on his averages..... 8.5x8. Boeser would do that and then be worth twice that when he gets to JT's current age. (3 years from now?)

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

37 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

I dunno how Edmonton's going to keep Bouchard, Draisaitl and eventually McDavid all under the cap and also field a competitive team on the ice. 

I mean, I guess the team could find a way to keep all three, but what good is that going to do if the rest of the roster sucks? 

They will be in Shambles if they don't get the cup very soon....like this season soon.

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

19 minutes ago, EastCoastExpress said:

Miller 3 years ago did not look like he would be an 8M guy. the huge benefit to a long term deal is they get cheaper with every cap raise.

EP40 is overpaid now, but when he gets 140 points this year, its all the sudden a great deal for 8 years.

Boeser is the next target. Not an EP40 deal.... but anyone who saw him in his rookie year knows we gotts the Brock back this year. Sign him now, before he gets 50 goals next year.

We can afford an expansion contract now, but if he does 50? and 50A? Canucks please do it now based on his averages..... 8.5x8. Boeser would do that and then be worth twice that when he gets to JT's current age. (3 years from now?)

JT Miller has been an $8 million player ever since he put on a Canucks uniform. He’s been a PPG player the last 5 years. 

• MillerTime 1

2 hours ago, Canuck You said:

Someone mentioned this on X/twitter and a bunch of coiler fans lost their shit implying that the difference between Miller and drai is even greater than the 6 million dollar monetary gap.. they are probably the most delusional and entitled fan base in hockey.  

They should be counting their blessings that the lotto balls fell their way in 2015 or else they would still be sniffing toilet fumes in light of all the “brilliant ” moves their management has made in the last 10 yrs.. Draisaitl or not.. 

• Cheers 1
  • MillerTime 1

3 hours ago, -dlc- said:

Those saying one of the top/best in the league (#2)....how are you measuring that? He's in the top 10, sure. But he also uses slewfoots and other questionable tactics that the best really don't need to do.

Out of these guys he has the most PIM and doesn't get called NEARLY as much as he could/should. F him, he's a POS in my opinion.

458214530_10161215895110549_220233626024

McDavid is likely going to be getting over 17M on his next contract, Based on this one.

Meaning we could have Miller and Boeser CHEAPER than McDavid till well past 2030

somebody do the points math, but

Miller and Boeser win.

• Like 2
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

JT Miller has been an $8 million player ever since he put on a Canucks uniform. He’s been a PPG player the last 5 years. 

My point is JT is an 11M player now.

I sure hope we dont give away Boeser if his camp wants 9M

Boes is a PPG player in the playoffs. As he approaches Miller's age when miller joined, what do you think Boeser's ceiling is?

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, EastCoastExpress said:

McDavid is likely going to be getting over 17M on his next contract, Based on this one.

Meaning we could have Miller and Boeser CHEAPER than McDavid till well past 2030

somebody do the points math, but

Miller and Boeser win.

Coilers are such turds. They are flushing any chance to be good. 

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Darius said:

Someone mentioned this on X/twitter and a bunch of coiler fans lost their shit implying that the difference between Miller and drai is even greater than the 6 million dollar monetary gap.. they are probably the most delusional and entitled fan base in hockey.  

They should be counting their blessings that the lotto balls fell their way in 2015 or else they would still be sniffing toilet fumes in light of all the “brilliant ” moves their management has made in the last 10 yrs.. Draisaitl or not.. 

IMO, the Oilers would be a better all around team with Miller than with Draisaitl. Offensively, there isn’t a huge difference. Miller would get 120 points playing with McDavid and playing on that PP. 

The difference would be defensively, killing penalties, hitting, fighting, etc. 

Plus, Edmonton would save $6 million in cap space to allow them to get another top 4 Dman. 

• Cheers 1
  • MillerTime 2