Draisaitl - $14 million

McDavid - $12.5 million

Bouchard - $10 million

Nurse - $9.25 million

Ekholm - $6 million

Hyman - $5.5 million

Kane - $5.125 million

RNH - $5.125 million

That’s $67.5 million for 8 guys.  That leaves around $24 million for the rest of the team.  Just to put it in perspective, McDavid and Draisaitl will be making more money next season than the remaining 15 players on the team…

Maybe it’s my poor math skills but I don’t see how McJesus and Drai (26.5 million total) make more than the next 15 players when you add the salaries listed above.

23 minutes ago, steviewonder20 said:

Maybe it’s my poor math skills but I don’t see how McJesus and Drai (26.5 million total) make more than the next 15 players when you add the salaries listed above.

He’s saying the 15 players not listed a roster holds 23 players on it 

• ThereItIs 1

McDick is up in another year. If Drai gets 14 mil the whiner will command at least eighteen. That account for $32million for 2 players, more than one-third of the total available salary cap. Add Brouc and Nurse that brings them over 50 mil for four players. It is one sure way to screw that team.

22 hours ago, steviewonder20 said:

The wording was not clear. It read like those 2 salaries were more than the next 15 paid players.

“That’s $67.5 million for 8 guys.  That leaves around $24 million for the rest of the team. “

The wording seems pretty straight forward for myself as usual @Elias Pettersson was on point 

• Cheers 2

On 7/25/2024 at 4:00 AM, Elias Pettersson said:

Next year this will be their cap:

Draisaitl - $14 million

McDavid - $12.5 million

Bouchard - $10 million

Nurse - $9.25 million

Ekholm - $6 million

Hyman - $5.5 million

Kane - $5.125 million

RNH - $5.125 million

That’s $67.5 million for 8 guys.  That leaves around $24 million for the rest of the team.  Just to put it in perspective, McDavid and Draisaitl will be making more money next season than the remaining 15 players on the team…

Man that Nurse contract is atrocious.  

Salary cap is expected to be $88M.  I think the max % of the cap for a player is 20% which is $17.6M.  At 15% it would be $13.2M.  So we can probably safely assume it will be in the range of $13.2M - $17.6M.

Austin Matthew is currently the highest paid player with $13.25M.  But that contact starts this season (2024-2025).  Draisaitl next contract will start next year (2025-2026).

Draisaitl is widely considered to be in the top 5 NHL player.  So I would assume his next contract would be closer to the 20% mark.  $15M would be around 17%.

So that’s my guess.  $15M.

6 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

And funny.

Funny for him, he is laughing all the way to the bank making 12mil this year?

Will it hurt us as QH comparison to a contract signed during cap freeze?

The Oilers have always overpaid him on 3 different contracts I thought

1 minute ago, Ballisticsports said:

Nurse’s contract is only a comp for what not to do - I don’t think anyone can reasonably use him as a comp. 

Hughes will become one of the highest paid defenseman in the league regardless though - at least he’s earned it! 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Ballisticsports said:

Hughes might be one of those guys you can't really overpay. It'll come down to what he wants for the rest of his career, every team would throw max $ at him.

1 hour ago, BPA said:

Salary cap is expected to be $88M.  I think the max % of the cap for a player is 20% which is $17.6M.  At 15% it would be $13.2M.  So we can probably safely assume it will be in the range of $13.2M - $17.6M.

Austin Matthew is currently the highest paid player with $13.25M.  But that contact starts this season (2024-2025).  Draisaitl next contract will start next year (2025-2026).

Draisaitl is widely considered to be in the top 5 NHL player.  So I would assume his next contract would be closer to the 20% mark.  $15M would be around 17%.

So that’s my guess.  $15M.

McDavid will get more 

Some news this afternoon regarding

@EdmontonOilers

Leon Draisaitl & his contract extension talk. There’s been some talk from local media saying it could be a 4 year deal but after speaking to those close to the Draisaitl camp he’s ONLY interested in signing long term in Edmonton so an 8 year deal is what he’s looking for at this time & it sounds like he will take less $ in a long term deal but only if others are willing to do the same. Leon Draisaitl loves it in Edmonton & he strongly believes this organization can win multiple

@StanleyCup

if players take less, some news we heard over the last 72 hours was that Connor, Leon & Evan said if our core players are taking less than we take less. This is a story to follow as we all know.

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

@EdmontonOilers

Leon Draisaitl & his contract extension talk. There’s been some talk from local media saying it could be a 4 year deal but after speaking to those close to the Draisaitl camp he’s ONLY interested in signing long term in Edmonton so an 8 year deal is what he’s looking for at this time & it sounds like he will take less $ in a long term deal but only if others are willing to do the same. Leon Draisaitl loves it in Edmonton & he strongly believes this organization can win multiple

@StanleyCup

if players take less, some news we heard over the last 72 hours was that Connor, Leon & Evan said if our core players are taking less than we take less. This is a story to follow as we all know.

Definately not happening then just like Z!

image.gif.23b7551c3b5761c957c755650fc4df5d.gif

6 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

@EdmontonOilers

@StanleyCup

It would be funny if everyone said they'll take less. but after he signs, they change their mind and ask for maximum

5 hours ago, Iron Fist said:

It would be funny if everyone said they'll take less. but after he signs, they change their mind and ask for maximum

Even funnier if Mcbaby changes his mind and decides to sign wth nyr. 

• ThereItIs 1