(Update with link!!) New black seats being installed yet? If not when are they going to have time?

Hey all,

I am just wondering about the next round of Roger’s Arena renovations. I haven’t heard if they have started to put the new seats in. Is it happening in August? It was supposed to be done in stages. This summer the lower bowl was supposed to be done but I haven’t seen or heard anything. It’s not a big deal just more curious. Thanks to anyone who has any information.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

• Canuckfanforlife82 changed the title to New black seats being installed yet? If not when are they going to have time?
16 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Probably given the same level of priority as the training facility mandate.  :hurhur:

It does seem as though they announce plans and take a long time to have results. Replacing seats shouldn’t be that hard of a task if you planned it a year in advance.

1 hour ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

It does seem as though they announce plans and take a long time to have results. Replacing seats shouldn’t be that hard of a task if you planned it a year in advance.

Depends on supply chain they have already said that the hold up is supply chain related. 

• 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Here is an update on the black seats. It doesn't give a date for installation other than saying they are still going to install part of them sometime this upcoming season. I am still surprised at how long this is taking considering the article is saying the bad state the seats are in now. Rather embarrassing to let them get that bad and have to be told that they need to be replaced. Likely was hard for them to bite the bullet and spend the money. 

https://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/nhl/vancouver-canucks/new-rogers-arena-seats

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

• Canuckfanforlife82 changed the title to (Update with link!!) New black seats being installed yet? If not when are they going to have time?

They can replace them throughout the season pretty easily even after it has started.  They have dark days and road trips, you can put them in row by row or section by section.

I just replaced 350 seats in a movie theatre and it was 3 of us and took 3 days.  A crew of 20 could pump out a lot in a short time.

4 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Looks like it needs to be skated on; Hint, Hint...😎

I also like the fact they used the white orca home logo. That’s the way it should be. Using the away logo at home made no sense. I still wish they would go back to the skate jersey. I don’t even know if they have said they will use them this year as thirds. Hope so. If they are going to stick with the current logo. I still think they need to make changes. Striping should be thinner and close together like the Johnny Canuck logo jersey they had a few years back. I also think they should put some colour around the numbers like the slate jersey. Make the jersey pop a bit more. I just find the striping to be a bit too thick. 

IMG_0391.jpeg

IMG_0390.jpeg

11 minutes ago, Sell.the.team said:

Not a huge fan of the skate logo but I'm confused that they are seemingly doubling down on the orca with all the recent skate branding.  Also think this orca logo looks a bit weird.

Rebranding is a big expensive undertaking. 

Im sure if they have decided to go with the skate it will take a few years to switch it over.