To CGY:

Willander

Podkolzin

Juulsen

Raty

To VAN:

Andersson

Uhmmm....HELL NO!

First off....(Personally) not interested in giving up cheap contracts on developing & depth players at this point.

Second...Podkolzin ($1 million) is the only player we'd be moving who "might" be on the Canucks roster next season...barring any surprises.    

Third... The Canucks are approximately $16,000 under the cap...how do you add Andersson who makes $4.5 million to the Cap while not moving any money out?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, canucks curse said:

Hughes Hronek

Soucy Andersson

Forbort Myers

D Petey Desharnais

Looks good on paper...and would help our backend. I feel you'd have to part with way to much to get it done and still have to subtract 

from the current roster to fit his $4.5 million contract under the Cap.

Would rather work with what we have and wait for Willander or possibly look at in season trade IF needed.

• Cheers 1

40 minutes ago, canucks curse said:

To CGY:

Willander

Podkolzin

Juulsen

Raty

To VAN:

Andersson

Any trade involving Willander going the other way is an automatic loss for us. 

• Vintage 2

25 minutes ago, Blitz-Pix said:

Looks good on paper...and would help our backend. I feel you'd have to part with way to much to get it done and still have to subtract 

Would rather work with what we have and wait for Willander or possibly look at in season trade IF needed.

Poolman LTIR kicks in to absorb most of it

Moving willander isnt the best decision but having a player in his prime that would age with the core is very valuable

Its a toss up.

Willander in his prime with a declining Boeser and Miller or Andersson in his prime with the core in their prime

34 minutes ago, Johnny said:

Poolman LTIR kicks in to absorb most of it

Moving willander isnt the best decision but having a player in his prime that would age with the core is very valuable

Its a toss up.

Willander in his prime with a declining Boeser and Miller or Andersson in his prime with the core in their prime

I get what you're saying, I suppose I'm looking at the contrary view...

I'd rather have a young(er) player making $950K a year, for 3 years who can learn and age with the core.

Andersson is 28 in Oct...he's in his prime...but will need a new contract in 2026. When he's 29.

He's pretty durable and hasn't missed many games to injury...which I think is a big bonus.

He's scored 200 points in 455 games played...a .44 PPG average.   

Willander is 19 (20 in Feb next year) and wouldn't need a contract for another 3 years...when Myers contract is up.

It would be nice to see Canucks develop succession plans on expiring contracts. IMO we need some Cap flexability.

I think we're gonna need to bring in some youth and cheap contracts so that we have the ability to add at Trade Deadlines while we're competitive.   

JM2C 

Edited by Blitz-Pix

20 minutes ago, Blitz-Pix said:

I get what you're saying, I suppose I'm looking at the contrary view...

I'd rather have a young(er) player making $950K a year, for 3 years who can learn and age with the core.

Andersson is 28 in Oct...he's in his prime...but will need a new contract in 2026. When he's 29.

He's pretty durable and hasn't missed many games to injury...which I think is a big bonus.

He's scored 200 points in 455 games played...a .44 PPG average.   

Willander is 19 (20 in Feb next year) and wouldn't need a contract for another 3 years...when Myers contract is up.

It would be nice to see Canucks develop succession plans on expiring contracts. IMO we need some Cap flexability.

I think we're gonna need to bring in some youth and cheap contracts so that we have the ability to add at Trade Deadlines while we're competitive.   

JM2C 

I would prefer willander

But going that route there needs to be a succession plan for Millers decline

Basically the canucks need a top 6 center prospect in the next couple years

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Johnny said:

I would prefer willander

But going that route there needs to be a succession plan for Millers decline

Basically the canucks need a top 6 center prospect in the next couple years

Agreed.

I think Willander is the succession plan at RD for Myers...maybe Hronek one day. 

Regarding Miller succession plan...I don't know if Raty will develop as hoped but he's gotta show more soon IMO.

Canucks should be looking at next years (Deep) draft to target a Center with top 6 potential IMO. 

Please don't trade away our 2025 1st round pick. Next draft offers the opportunity to restock our prospect pipeline. 

Edited by Blitz-Pix
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

22 minutes ago, Blitz-Pix said:

Agreed.

I think Willander is the succession plan at RD for Myers...maybe Hronek one day. 

Regarding Miller succession plan...I don't know if Raty will develop as hoped but he's gotta show more soon IMO.

Canucks should be looking at next years (Deep) draft to target a Center with top 6 potential IMO. 

Please don't trade away our 2025 1st round pick. Next draft offers the opportunity to restock our prospect pipeline. IMO

I agree. If we're trading a 1st please let it be 2026. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Blitz-Pix said:

Anderson will end up being Vancouvers version of Nurse. Calgary does that trade all day ha ha. I agree, wait and see what we have and dont waste any cap space we can accrue till TDL.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, EastCoastExpress said:

Anderson will end up being Vancouvers version of Nurse. Calgary does that trade all day ha ha. I agree, wait and see what we have and dont waste any cap space we can accrue till TDL.

Andersson is less than half the cap hit of Nurse, our version of Nurse has been on the team for 5 years going to be 7-8 his name is Tyler Myers...

2 hours ago, DeNiro said:

That makes this make sense to me.

Otherwise I don’t see how helping Edmonton out after they might lose Holloway makes sense.

could've just ltird Poolman and dealt Pod for futures to an eastern team would've been better than a shit return from division rival

3 minutes ago, Viking said:

could've just ltird Poolman and dealt Pod for futures to an eastern team would've been better than a shit return from division rival

I think they are pretty convinced (as the rest of the league is) that pods sucks and is not rehab able ...would you rather a high 4th (originally OTTs) or future considerations (which is nothing)

26 minutes ago, canucks curse said:

I think they are pretty convinced (as the rest of the league is) that pods sucks and is not rehab able ...would you rather a high 4th (originally OTTs) or future considerations (which is nothing)

I rather us not help Edm make the offer sheet decision easier by them filling the holloway hole for less than half the cap hit and get a higher draft pick in return.

Trade Pod to an eastern team for a 5th, maybe Philly would have interest they got young russians to surround Pod, we went from have to have all the russians to these guys all suck get rid of them. I hope Pod sucks in pre season and gets waived and claimed by an eastern team then runs to the KHL never to come back to the NHL again.

I was hoping for him to pan out in some capacity. The list of failures goes like this: Podkolzin, Juolevi, Virtanen, Guenther(fuck Benning) plus all the 1sts and 2nds we have traded thats like an easy 6-8 prospects that should have had some kind of meaningful impact for us via on our team or in trade yet we got fuck all to show for any of it. 

That is why we sucked for so long and will have no draft capital to use when we want to add so we just keep giving out 1st and 2nds each TDL now???

Its done now, just seems odd move him at the draft then why wait till EDM is in cap trouble then make an easy decision for them...Bowman got Alvin cheating on his wife or something?!?

15 hours ago, BPA said:

Maybe getting Soderstrom with Podz getting traded?

15 hours ago, DeNiro said:

That makes this make sense to me.

Otherwise I don’t see how helping Edmonton out after they might lose Holloway makes sense.

We could get Soderstrom without any cap room needed. He would be AHL anyways. We need a LD more than RD. What happens when Soucy gets injured this year... who is your LD that comes up?

Juulson is way better than Soderstrom, look at his +/-.   Of course, Foote will fix him an he will be great. But we need LH depth, really

13 hours ago, Viking said:

LTIR is a waste considering our current under the cap situation, with including Poolman.

In our cap we have 14 forwards and 8 defense.

So, each daily cap savings would be any 2 forwards and any 2 Dmen.

Poolman, obviously is out... but there are 3 other players who's cap is counted and accumulated till the Trade deadline. It really adds up over 41 games.

If Poolman is in LTIR, that is the only cap savings. Period. Soucy out for 5 games? doesnt add into the cap accumulation.

Avoiding LTIR is huge.

That is why if you can trade an LTIR player to a team that has cap space its worth it. or to a team already stuck in LTIR because they are way over the cap.

Edited by EastCoastExpress

16 hours ago, BPA said:

Maybe getting Soderstrom with Podz getting traded?

If we do acquire Soderstrom..

Out: 2019 10th overall Vasili Podkolzin

In: 2019 11th overall Victor Soderstrom

Moved down 1 spot in the same draft