[Signing] Konecny re-ups in Philly, 8 x $8.75m

• qwijjibo changed the title to [Signing] Konecny re-ups in Philly, 8 x $8.75m

That's a bit too much IMO.  I think $8M should have been the top end.  He has yet to hit 70 points in his career, although he might be coming into his prime years now... but still, $8.75M means he should be in the 80 point range.  A tall ask IMO.

Just now, HKSR said:

Also... definitely not a good thing for our Boeser negotiations.  This is gonna put Boeser in the same range (that includes a home town discount).

we'll see. I suspect Brock will move a bit on price to stay here. But if his agent is asking for this range then we need to move him.

Maybe this deal with get them talking... 

20 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Also... definitely not a good thing for our Boeser negotiations.  This is gonna put Boeser in the same range (that includes a home town discount).

Boeser was always gonna be over 8M though imo

• Cheers 1

I think the rumours going around had him asking for more than this tbh, so that negotiation tactic looks to have worked. 

At first glance it seems high, but factor in the cap jumps we've been seeing (and that we'll probably continue to see) and this will probably look more normal going forward. A rising tide (cap) may raise all ships, but it's the top six tier forwards and top four tier D who will see the most of that cap space, along with your top tier goaltenders. 

Edited by Coconuts

30 goal 60 points for nearly 8.75mil. I get he also plays with an edge, but that seems hefty for what he brings. Definitely puts Boeser in that 8mil range, at a minimum. I hope we extend him soon. But I think management might wait it out to see how close to that 40 goal version he really is.

50 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

30 goal 60 points for nearly 8.75mil. I get he also plays with an edge, but that seems hefty for what he brings. Definitely puts Boeser in that 8mil range, at a minimum. I hope we extend him soon. But I think management might wait it out to see how close to that 40 goal version he really is.

Cost of everyone, including Brock, goes up yearly. Unless he has a horrible season, which no one wants. I think he will want to stay and eat a mill off market value. 7.8 x 8 is my guess

• ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, BPA said:

There goes my hope of signing Boeser to $7-7.5M x 8yrs. 

🙄

Just because teams do deals like Nurse and Seth Jones and this ... doesn't mean we have too.    Money must be a family trait.   He's signing on for a rebuild deal. 

• ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, BPA said:

There goes my hope of signing Boeser to $7-7.5M x 8yrs. 

🙄

Not necessarily... Philly is not at our level still might have to pay more to keep good players. We're a good team now, with upside, and have a more prudent management team.  Don't loose hope! 

1 minute ago, IBatch said:

Just because teams do deals like Nurse and Seth Jones and this ... doesn't mean we have too.    Money must be a family trait.   He's signing on for a rebuild deal. 

Boeser next deal will be closer to $8M than $7M.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, BPA said:

Boeser next deal will be closer to $8M than $7M.

Likely yes.   Unless he craps the bed which I doubt.   Injuries are probably the only thing that would give the open market pause.    If he gets injured, then probably a one year around 7-7.5.  

Fair price.  Konecny does a lot more than just score points in a sub par Flyers team.  Dude is a massive play driver and culture carrier.  As long as he can maintain his intensity into the later parts of the contract this is a good keeper for Philly