Jeff Marek no longer at Sportsnet

4 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Where will I get my excited Canucks coverage? /s

He was ok but his boredom over having to talk Canucks news was evident.

Tom Larscheid is due for a comeback.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Where will I get my excited Canucks coverage? /s

He was ok but his boredom over having to talk Canucks news was evident.

He probably had a negative take on the Oilers hiring Bowman.

They do the same thing with anyone that speaks against the greatest franchise to ever exist in the Leafs.

• ThereItIs 1

38 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

He’s too good for those hacks.

If you’re not Leafs or Oilers knob slobbers then you’re not cut out for them.

He did give the Canucks a lot of attention this year. As he did most every team, he showed little favoritism and made sure everything was covered and promoted including woman's hockey. One of the biggest hockey historians I ever heard. He will be missed.

• Cheers 4

I bet they kept The real Kipper and Bourne show though. aka Leafs talk. Unless your a TO fan, do yourself a favor and not watch/listen. Well only on Fridays, they always have a half drunk Doug Maclean on sitting at some resort or golf club, and its hilarious. 

Anyway... We've been seeing it for decades with CBC, TSN, etc, if its a national broadcast in any medium at all, and not mostly about the Leafs, it wont last long. 

Surprised HNIC still has the Saturday double header, after the leafs guaranteed prime time Saturday early slot.

3 hours ago, Snoop Hogg said:

Tom Larscheid is due for a comeback.

It's ok for him to make the odd guest shot in between periods for home games. He's 85 years old I'm pretty sure he's enjoying retirement. I would not ask for a near 90 year old Jim Robson to do a play by play. (But damn would it be great for a pre-season game just for nostalgia's sake, Shorty can work with him) But Jim is a perfectionist and probably wouldn't want to do it.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Vancan said:

I bet they kept The real Kipper and Bourne show though. aka Leafs talk. Unless your a TO fan, do yourself a favor and not watch/listen. Well only on Fridays, they always have a half drunk Doug Maclean on sitting at some resort or golf club, and its hilarious. 

Anyway... We've been seeing it for decades with CBC, TSN, etc, if its a national broadcast in any medium at all, and not mostly about the Leafs, it wont last long. 

Surprised HNIC still has the Saturday double header, after the leafs guaranteed prime time Saturday early slot.

It's a 2 hour show.  The first hour is mostly about the Leafs, the 2nd hour covers the rest of the league.  650 only played the 2nd hour between 2 & 3 weekdays.  I started listening this spring and it's certainly better than most of the local hacks they have killing air time.  And Doug Maclean is such a ham.  Lots of laughs.

Absurd decision.

32 thoughts was the best thing Sportsnet had going across all networks.

And the Jeff Marek Show was the best national show they had imo.

Throwing that in the trash over (seemingly) a despute/incident is a bad self-inflicted wound.

Massive mistake by SN imo. Their era of dominance will end soon.

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Absurd decision.

32 thoughts was the best thing Sportsnet had going across all networks.

And the Jeff Marek Show was the best national show they had imo.

Throwing that in the trash over (seemingly) a despute/incident is a bad self-inflicted wound.

Massive mistake by SN imo. Their era of dominance will end soon.

I wonder if we're going to see a Sportsnet/TSN/CBC split into hockey like before. Or just one streaming service will take it over?

Sportsnet has committed to the Oilers. I don't want to lose Shorty or have some no name schmuck call the games.

10 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I wonder if we're going to see a Sportsnet/TSN/CBC split into hockey like before. Or just one streaming service will take it over?

Sportsnet has committed to the Oilers. I don't want to lose Shorty or have some no name schmuck call the games.

SN embarrassed itself last year. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see them nuke SN Pacific and stick us full time with West  that annoying Edmonton homer group.

What I'd love to see is the Canucks do their own streaming. Not sure if that's possible, but if I had a vote it would be for that.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Master Mind said:

Marek hasn't tweeted since the draft.

A shame if he's gone, 32 thoughts by him and Elliotte are the best Sportsnet has after Bieksa.

Yeah, it's been strange. Him and Elliotte were supposed to host their finale or something and they never even got around to that. I think the last episode was done without him if I remember correctly.

He's basically vanished over the past month.