My Ring of Honor Additions...

5 minutes ago, erkayloomeh said:

So you probably saw courtnalls red beamer?  Jump started him and McLean at the airport once. Pretty ugly car. 

I can totally picture pat Quinn losing his shit. 

I can't remember when it happened (I think the 93-94 season?). The Canucks were in slump. And had a bad practice. They were just all out of sorts.

Quinn lost it. But instead of yelling. He took a hockey stick and smashed it to pieces on the boards. Everyone stopped. Looked at Quinn. They got sorted out the rest of the practice. I can see when the big guy loses it, you notice. Most players said they'd skate through a brick wall for him.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Posted (edited)
On 7/31/2024 at 9:31 AM, Ghostsof1915 said:

I can't remember when it happened (I think the 93-94 season?). The Canucks were in slump. And had a bad practice. They were just all out of sorts.

Quinn lost it. But instead of yelling. He took a hockey stick and smashed it to pieces on the boards. Everyone stopped. Looked at Quinn. They got sorted out the rest of the practice. I can see when the big guy loses it, you notice. Most players said they'd skate through a brick wall for him.

I think there was some significant tension between Linden and Bure as well in the darker days of that regular season.

Never mind Kirk and Brown.

Edited by Kevin Biestra

1 hour ago, Kevin Biestra said:

I think there was some significant tension between Linden and Bure as well in the darker days of that regular season.

Never mind Kirk and Brown.

Trevor and Pavel were the first generation of players that came from very different countries, and cultures. And hockey and the team was the unifying force.

You don't have to be best friends to be team-mates. They both worked well together. But I still think Vancouver suffered a major blow when we lost Igor Larionov.

Had Igor stayed, I think Pavel would have been a lot happier with him as his centre. I wish instead of playing for San Jose, Igor signed back in Vancouver.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Trevor and Pavel were the first generation of players that came from very different countries, and cultures. And hockey and the team was the unifying force.

You don't have to be best friends to be team-mates. They both worked well together. But I still think Vancouver suffered a major blow when we lost Igor Larionov.

Had Igor stayed, I think Pavel would have been a lot happier with him as his centre. I wish instead of playing for San Jose, Igor signed back in Vancouver.

Yeah the Larionov thing is one of the big Canucks what ifs.  I don't know if anyone knew he had that much good hockey left in him at the time.  Same with Cliff Ronning when the Canucks let him go...another decade of great hockey including beating the Canucks in the playoffs with Minnesota I think.

Anyway...Krutov couldn't adjust even with Larionov around so you never know.  I also think if Doug Lidster hadn't been the "additional compensation to be named later" in a deal a couple years earlier he might have been the difference against the Rangers in 1994, as opposed to a difference maker for them against us.

Edited by Kevin Biestra
  • Vintage 1

• 3 weeks later...

Thing is, they just started doing this in 2010 so are playing catch up. Going back in time is mixed with some more recent recipients.They aren't just starting at the beginning and working their way through...it's a bit of a mix to keep things current as well. Newer fans recognize names like Burr and his accomplishments of even breaking into the league are a story in itself.

I mean, they can't just burn through your list - it's a process. I don't even know a couple of the names on there.

The celebration when someone's inducted involves fans in the here and now and memorable moments for them (us) too. The dragon slay Burr induction sent chills down my spine.

Yes, there are definitely players that should go up there and some likely still will.