A genuine apology

AnthonyG

No worries AnthonyG

I've had my heated arguments with you.  Mostly about Benning's legacy....weak as it is 😉

That's what this place if for.  Nothing is personal from me. I appreciate and respect someone like you who will at least engage in a discussion, even if it gets heated.  More than someone unwilling to even speak up.

Hey if everyone agreed in here, it would be a pretty boring place.

And I say all that knowing that we very well may be in the thick of it again, in the not to distant future. :classic_cool:

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, RWMc1 said:

I personally think the only thing you need to apologize for are the insults when you became frustrated. You at least were using facts to back up your position while others were merely restating narratives. And also the posters who were arguing with you resorted to some despicable comments directed at you as well so I can understand your frustration.

Go Canucks Go!!!!!

This. There's nothing better then a good hockey debate, it's literally the reason why we are all waste our free time here. But the frequency @AnthonyG you devolve into petty name calling is the reason why I found you to be a crappy contributor to our forum in the past. If your planning on knocking that off, I look forward to having actual debates in the near future. 

I will always thank you for helping me win poster of the day that one time though. Me calling you out on your bullshit was the sole reason why I won that award haha

• Cheers 3

42 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

This. There's nothing better then a good hockey debate, it's literally the reason why we are all waste our free time here. But the frequency @AnthonyG you devolve into petty name calling is the reason why I found you to be a crappy contributor to our forum in the past. If your planning on knocking that off, I look forward to having actual debates in the near future. 

I will always thank you for helping me win poster of the day that one time though. Me calling you out on your bullshit was the sole reason why I won that award haha

I just stepped up with a genuine apology and this is your response? seriously??
try appreciation, maybe apologize in return for your own antics and ignorance. Or just accept the apology and move on and agree to start over. Not sit here and stroke yourself off because of things in the past that are so long ago.  
Crappy contributors don’t provide any true facts and evidence, only closed mind opinions. I have continually brought in depth analytics to back my points. You and I don’t see eye to eye because you refuse to believe in statistics and you won’t put in the effort to do your own research to back your own argument.

I’ve broken down so many of the most heated debates and shown the numbers that have backed my perspective and as of right now my view on the organization and how it was run the last 9 years has put us in a contender conversation sooner than 10 other perpetually rebuilding organizations and that the age swing was going to favour us in this time period as of 2-3 years ago when I broke it down. 

To call me a crappy contributor and to respond like this….. what’s the point of taking any accountability if this is going to be the response of a particular individual who I specifically named and wanted to start over with.

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, AnthonyG said:

try appreciation, maybe apologize in return for your own antics and ignorance. Or just accept the apology and move on and agree to start over. Not sit here and stroke yourself off because of things in the past that are so long ago.  
Crappy contributors don’t provide any true facts and evidence, only closed mind opinions. I have continually brought in depth analytics to back my points. You and I don’t see eye to eye because you refuse to believe in statistics and you won’t put in the effort to do your own research to back your own argument.

I’ve broken down so many of the most heated debates and shown the numbers that have backed my perspective and as of right now my view on the organization and how it was run the last 9 years has put us in a contender conversation sooner than 10 other perpetually rebuilding organizations and that the age swing was going to favour us in this time period as of 2-3 years ago when I broke it down. 

To call me a crappy contributor and to respond like this….. what’s the point of taking any accountability if this is going to be the response of a particular individual who I specifically named and wanted to start over with.

I said you we're crappy in the past with your personal attacks. Which I felt you understood since you just issued a public apology.. whatever man.

Having done one of these before, apologizing is something that we ALL should be doing at one point or another. Many people don't do it. It's almost like they are too ashamed to admit what they did or thought was bad/wrong. I used to post under a different alias (before the changeover), but I decided to try and change with a new name because I plan on leaving that behind me. I wasn't banned, so no, I'm not dodging anything 🙂

I find that I agree with you with a lot @AnthonyG So don't put away your opinions. Maybe just simmer the passion down a little. I am saying this to remind myself not to get TOO riled up because sometimes online posts (not just me) can get me so rattled. Take a break from posting if you have to. Validation from others is temporary. Validation for yourself is much more permanent.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AnthonyG said:

Words that are said versus words that are read have often very different outcomes and results. Try and keep that in mind. But you're right. Some people don't want to listen and some people don't want to question what they read. No matter what you (or anyone else) does, nothing will change them. It's why we see people who follow cults. Only they can get themselves out (or not).

1 hour ago, AnthonyG said:

Opinion:

Marchant never needed to be dirty, he was more than good enough to let his skill, effort and heart guild him.  (I believe he'd have at least one more cup) Instead, he's always felt like he had to do more, prove more...  But as a result, some of his shitty actions have overshadowed his most important elite traits.  

Let your knowledge and fact finding abilities shine through.... Don't allow some of these posters, drag you down to play dirty... It makes it hard to follow you when you go there. It stains all your hard work. 

Cheers

• Cheers 2

Unless you fucked one of the Mods sister, girlfriend, wife and or mother and never called them again you shouldn't ever apologize for SHIT here!  Forget even this forum.. Never give a shit about what other people think of your opinions in this world period! Fuck those guys!  Say what you truly feel on this message board & stand by it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, AK-19 said:

This is the first post you made where I didn't think you were a bot/paid poster/someone close to Benning.  

To be honest, I think taking these kinds of positions is what is hurting our "critical thinking" faculties. It is TOO easy to assume someone is a 'bot' or a poster paid by Benning. It's practically nonsense.

We almost all have different opinions of Benning. Some think he's "not that bad". Some think he's the "worst GM ever". The reality is that there's shades of truth from multiple sides.

Overall, I agree with someone's quote that we have lost the ability to disagree with people (quote borrowed from Vlog Through History, Youtuber =

It's ridiculous that we are even entertaining this idea at all in discussions. No one would be paid money to pump up Gillis or Benning in this day and age. Both are GMs who are long gone and who knows what jobs they have right now.

16 hours ago, MeanSeanBean said:

I said you we're crappy in the past with your personal attacks. Which I felt you understood since you just issued a public apology.. whatever man.

He understood nothing.It lasted few minutes before he went back.Dont waste time in it.

• Confused 1