[Signing] Martin Necas - $6.5AAV x 2 years

6 minutes ago, HKSR said:

I'm really beginning to question Carolina's management team. 

I reckon he'll be traded before walking, but still, tough offseason for Carolina 

Going from contenders to maybe just playoff regular 

• Cheers 1

Well that lowers his trade value substantially I would think.

Sign him to a one year deal to allow a trade to materialize and have the receiving team still have club control and the ability to extend for a long term deal…. Or don’t sign him and do a sign and trade or let teams talk to him about a long term extension to up his value.

Now a team can’t even trade for him and extend him as part of the trade to make sure they aren’t just getting a rental.  They have handcuffed possible suitors.

Edited by Provost
  • MillerTime 1

6 minutes ago, Provost said:

Well that lowers his trade value substantially I would think.

Sign him to a one year deal to allow a trade to materialize and have the receiving team still have club control and the ability to extend for a long term deal…. Or don’t sign him and do a sign and trade or let teams talk to him about a long term extension to up his value.

Now a team can’t even trade for him and extend him as part of the trade to make sure they aren’t just getting a rental.  They have handcuffed possible suitors.

So they screwed themselves over? I can't see Necas staying long term in Carolina. My prediction is that he's going to bolt as soon as he's a UFA. 

could see Carolina giving him a huge 8 year in two years time, with loads of fresh cap by then in annuall increases...might be a gent's agreement on doing just that when the time comes. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

So they screwed themselves over? I can't see Necas staying long term in Carolina. My prediction is that he's going to bolt as soon as he's a UFA. 

He already told them he wants out.

Im not sure what they’re doing. They could have still got quite a bit for him in a trade.

Now he has complete control. He’ll ask for 10-11 mil on his next deal or he walks.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Where we can sign him for even longer tern. Allvin cooking without even cooking. Damn good GM. 

Lolwut, we don’t have to reach that far to pat him on the back

Edited by Coconuts

47 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Im not sure what they’re doing. They could have still got quite a bit for him in a trade.

Now he has complete control. He’ll ask for 10-11 mil on his next deal or he walks.

the only way he gets traded next offseason is if teams get to negotiate with him, which tends to make trades a lot more complex. 

Weird move by Carolina. Looking at their current roster, it sure looks like another round 1 exit if they make it that far. 

7 hours ago, HKSR said:

I'm really beginning to question Carolina's management team. 

like i said earlier.. that's what you get with a GM with 0 GM experience and worked as an analyst for the team.. with completely irrelevant education background.. if they wanted him to be the GM.. at least groom he a few years ago as an AGM..

6 hours ago, DeNiro said:

10-11 million?

What am I missing about Necas

9 hours ago, bh90 said:

10-11 million?

What am I missing about Necas

Im just throwing a number out.

Im saying he’s gonna ask for way more than he’s worth cause he’ll have all the leverage.

How the world turns, seems like Necas kiboshed some trades, well one for sure.

https://www.nhltraderumors.me/2024/07/report-martin-necas-blocked-trade.html

Ding-ding-dingaling-uump-pa-pa-pa-ding-ding .... circus music playing in the background as the Carolina Ringmaster comes out to introduce the Carolina Management Team for 2024-2025.

Edited by Rocket-68

20 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

How the world turns, seems like Necas kiboshed some trades, well one for sure.

https://www.nhltraderumors.me/2024/07/report-martin-necas-blocked-trade.html

Ding-ding-dingaling-uump-pa-pa-pa-ding-ding .... circus music playing in the background as the Carolina Ringmaster comes out to introduce the Carolina Management Team for 2024-2025.

He didn’t have a signed contract or long term club control, but Carolina wanted a huge return for him like he was signed to a long term team friendly contract.

Of course the teams who were prepared to spend those sorts of assets wanted a signed long term extension as part of it. The player didn’t scuttle anything, he has no ability to do so.  He just didn’t agree to help Carolina maximize their trade return by committing to a bottom

feeder for most of the rest of his career. Totally fair thing to do.

Now Carolina has completely screwed themselves.  A two year deal that walks him to free agency and at the same time now blocks a receiving team from negotiating an extension means he is a rental for anyone trading for him and that limits the return.

Sign a one year deal and look at the trade market in season or the deadline where more suitors may be available.

• Cheers 1

18 hours ago, Coconuts said:

Lolwut, we don’t have to reach that far to pat him on the back

Speak for yourself

12 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

like i said earlier.. that's what you get with a GM with 0 GM experience and worked as an analyst for the team.. with completely irrelevant education background.. if they wanted him to be the GM.. at least groom he a few years ago as an AGM..

Tulsky has spent the last 4 seasons as AGM and spent the two seasons prior as Director of Analytics/VP of Hockey Management

Tulsky may be good with numbers but he’s horrible with strategy.

It’s mind boggling they would sign a player to a contract that walks him right to free agency at 27. They let the player gain leverage on them when the player had none. 🤣

If you can’t get him long term then sign him to a 1 year deal. That way he’s still an RfA and a trading team can negotiate an extension.

He completely eliminated any chance of getting a big package for him. No one is gonna offer huge value for a player with that much leverage.

• Upvote 2