The Happy/ Good things Thread

Ilunga

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Nice story from the world of figure skating about Deanna Stellato-Dudek, an American who now skates for Canada as a pairs skater with Maxime Deschamps.

From TSN:

A singles silver medalist at the 2000 world junior championship, she retired at 17 due to a chronic hip injury but revived her career 16 years later as a pairs skater. In 2019, she moved to Montreal and joined forces with Deschamps.

https://www.tsn.ca/figure-skating/canada-s-stellato-dudek-deschamps-capture-gold-in-pairs-at-world-figure-skating-championships-1.2093394

And now, after several years, she and Deschamps won the gold medal at this year's World Figure Skating Championships.

At 40 years old (!), she is the oldest woman ever to win a world title.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, flat land fish said:

https://www.lonite.ca/cremation-ashes-into-diamonds/#:~:text=LONITÉ™%2C Switzerland%2C turns human,technology in the LONITÉ laboratory.

I might be late to the Party but turning one's self into a diamond seems pretty wild.  Brings new meaning to the term family Jewels.

thats cheaper than I thought it would be, plots are so expensive now I can see some people doing this. 

This is not a good news story because I saved a lot of money. It’s about a guy who went above and beyond. Sorry for the ramble.

So my wife and I are nearing the end of a cross-Canada/US tour in our rv which is on a Ford Transit chassis. In Manitoba we got a check engine light warning so I picked up a scanner to check the code. It was a diesel particulate filter warning so I checked into the first Ford dealership that would take me which was in Woodstock Ontario. They came back with  a TSB (technical service bulletin) which said the DPF needed to be replaced but was out of warranty, and quoted me $6300!

Since the rv was running just fine and that amount  would put quite a dent in the trip we decided to carry on for the time being but we were always worried that it could throw us into limp mode and bring everything crashing to a halt. It was hard to relax with that damn light staring at me! By the time we got to Cape Breton it was time for an oil change so we booked an appointment in Sydney, and asked them to check on the DPF at the same time. When we came to pick up the rv the service tech gave us basically the same bad news. There was another tech a couple of chairs down that overheard our conversation and started typing away on his computer while we were beginning to pay our bill. At the last minute he interrupted us and said to hang on for a bit. After a few minutes he produces a Ford customer satisfaction bulletin which had extended the warranty on the DPF for another 11 years! We were able to have the work done a week later when the parts came in.

One guy who went out of his way when others didn’t or wouldn’t saved us $6300 and allowed us to relax and enjoy our trip. We weren’t his customer, he could have just sat there thinking about quitting time or his kid’s soccer game. Dan is a very special guy and if I’m honest I might have kissed him full on the lips if he wasn’t so big he might squash me…

• Haha 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...