Great offseason so far from management. I am pretty optimistic for the upcoming year.

21 minutes ago, Shirotashi said:

I personally could  not be less motivated to watch hockey im borderline embarassed to be a fan rn.

1. They fired Kate P 

2. They got rid of Big Z

3. They are clearly Russiaphobic.

4. They basically weakened our team and strengthened Boston whom we hate. Funny how we 

don't view the loss of Big Z as anything but we are much much easier to play against.

5. Oh yeah and hockey is fixed and fake.

So yeah couldnt care less about the team this year. Wont be watching a single game.

Don’t let the door hit your ass on your way out.

• Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

11 hours ago, Shirotashi said:

I personally could  not be less motivated to watch hockey im borderline embarassed to be a fan rn.

1. They fired Kate P 

2. They got rid of Big Z

3. They are clearly Russiaphobic.

4. They basically weakened our team and strengthened Boston whom we hate. Funny how we 

don't view the loss of Big Z as anything but we are much much easier to play against.

5. Oh yeah and hockey is fixed and fake.

So yeah couldnt care less about the team this year. Wont be watching a single game.

I guess you're going to be one of those surprised people.  Or maybe not since you're not going to be watching.  Go Canucks Go!

On 9/17/2024 at 10:19 AM, Nucker67 said:

1. Why so sad? Are you Mr. Kate?

2. Zadorov got greedy, and the Canucks defense is actually bigger this season. 

3. Maybe Millstein is an a-hole, and greedy like Zadorov. 

4. Nope. The Canucks will be a stronger team this season with the additions of DeBrusk, Sherwood, Heinen, Forbort and Desharnais - some former Bruins there. 

5. I somewhat agree with this. Some teams seem to have all the "luck".  

Yeah. 

Kate and Zadorov left on their own.  

I’m a bit bummed we moved on from Pods but Mikheyev and Kuz’s contracts needed to be moved 100% - I don’t think it’s a “Russian” thing.  It’s a 15 million worth of AAV thing for an offensive winger who can’t play d, a defensive winger who can’t score and an admittedly solid all-around D who unfortunately has spent his career playing around 17 man a night and would likely bring about 25 ish points a season.  

I think all 3 could still be Canucks if there wasn’t a salary cap but as-is it’s pretty tough to imagine a better lineup with those 3 in and subtracting 15 mil worth of AAV off the roster.

And you’re also correct: even without Zadorov, this roster looks a lot harder to play against with the added forechecking utility and still maintaining size and PK acumen on the back end.

Even with Joshua healing up, there’s still PDG and/or Blais who at least play hard nosed hockey while Joshua gets up to speed.  It’s a well constructed roster with some cap relief from accruing / LTIR to add at least one last piece at the deadline.  Even with our goalies achy knees and Joshua’s recovery there’s more than enough reason to be optimistic.