[Signing] Montreal re-signs Guhle 6 x $5.55m AAV

Ugly contract.

This edition of the Habs has continuously overpaid for mid talent.

Passing on Buium, Dickinson, because you have Guhle and Hutson is a real head scratcher. Wouldn't expect either of these players to be in the top 4 of any legitimate contender.

32 minutes ago, Caboose said:

Ugly contract.

This edition of the Habs has continuously overpaid for mid talent.

Passing on Buium, Dickinson, because you have Guhle and Hutson is a real head scratcher. Wouldn't expect either of these players to be in the top 4 of any legitimate contender.

Lol. Taking Demidov was a head scrsther? If you say so.  

1 hour ago, qwijjibo said:

Perfectly fine contract for a 2nd pairing top 4 defenceman that will likely put up 20 to 30 points a season and plays 20+ min per night.  He hits and blocks lots of shots too.  Only knock is he doesn't play special teams.  Fair value.

2 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Perfectly fine contract for a 2nd pairing top 4 defenceman that will likely put up 20 to 30 points a season and plays 20+ min per night.  He hits and blocks lots of shots too.  Only knock is he doesn't play special teams.  Fair value.

Considering he's only 22 thevsoevislnteans play could still come. But yeah

It's good value now and could look amazing in pretty short order 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, qwijjibo said:

Lol. Taking Demidov was a head scrsther? If you say so.  

Demidov pick makes up for last year's huge blunder.

Not sure if that's something that should be celebrated.

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Caboose said:

Michov had a lot of red flags. Reinbacher is a big right had shot D with a lot of upside.  A bit early to declare it a huge blunder.  Plus there are credible reports that Michkov was only willing to sign with a handful of teams.  But sure. Act like you're a successful NHL GM that has all the pertinent information

Also. You said they passed  on Buium and Dickenson because of Guhle and Hutson. Which clearly isn't the case.  They took Demidov with that pick. That's generally considered a huge win.  So way to move the goalposts 

Edited by qwijjibo
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Caboose said:

Lol Demidov was the consensus pick at 5 and his potential alone is greater than Buium's and Dickinson's put together. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, qwijjibo said:

Michov had a lot of red flags. Reinbacher is a big right had shot D with a lot of upside.  A bit early to declare it a huge blunder.  Plus there are credible reports that Michkov was only willing to sign with a handful of teams.  But sure. Act like you're a successful NHL GM that has all the pertinent information

Also. You said they passed  on Buium and Dickenson because of Guhle and Hutson. Which clearly isn't the case.  They took Demidov with that pick. That's generally considered a huge win.  So way to move the goalposts 

I agree reinbacher was a huge reach, don’t care if Michkov isn’t going to play for my franchise you can use his potential generational talent as a trade chip to bring in a much lower risk and higher ceiling than reinbacher, Montreals rebuild seems like a long list of b prospects, I’m not overly impressed with what they have done, 

(I don’t dislike the Canadiens just giving my 2 cents on their underwhelming rebuild) 

• Cheers 1

29 minutes ago, Captain insano said:

I agree reinbacher was a huge reach, don’t care if Michkov isn’t going to play for my franchise you can use his potential generational talent as a trade chip to bring in a much lower risk and higher ceiling than reinbacher, Montreals rebuild seems like a long list of b prospects, I’m not overly impressed with what they have done, 

(I don’t dislike the Canadiens just giving my 2 cents on their underwhelming rebuild) 

None of their star players stand out to me either - they strike me as a team full of Ryan Nugent Hopkins. They’ll be balanced and do well - so it’s not necessarily a knock either 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Captain insano said:

Montreals fan base has pumped up this guy harder than Toronto pumped up nick robertson, he’s “okay” probably going to be a bottom pair on any contender crazy to think he got more than zadorov 🤣

He's 22. Do you think he's a finished product? Also. The general reaction to this signing is it's already good value abd should age extremely well 

Not a big fan of this deal or Faber. AAV is too high for their limited experience. Could be good in the final years of the deals if they exceed expectations and/or cap goes up significantly, but I'd have thought bridge deals would be the best route to take.

• Cheers 2

2 hours ago, qwijjibo said:

He's 22. Do you think he's a finished product? Also. The general reaction to this signing is it's already good value abd should age extremely well 

-27 and 40 points through his first 114 games, soon to be 23 I just personally don’t see the value and every time I watch Montreal this kid is a give away machine 94 giveaways 48 take aways, I havnt even mentioned his high risk of being injury prone already sustaining 4 injuries in his first 2 seasons and one being serious concussion issues, for a guy that relies on being physical it’s just a very super high risk signing, not saying he can’t prove me wrong I’m just pointing out the facts 

3 hours ago, Master Mind said:

Not a big fan of this deal or Faber. AAV is too high for their limited experience. Could be good in the final years of the deals if they exceed expectations and/or cap goes up significantly, but I'd have thought bridge deals would be the best route to take.

I just don’t like how they are handing out contracts to these young young players. What ever happened to putting in the time and work?

• Cheers 2