Oh my God, they killed Kenny! [RIP CDC]

Dumb Nuck

On 8/5/2024 at 11:46 PM, st33 said:

Wait I thought CDC was gone ages ago lol, didn't bother to go back after the day it said it was going to be shut down.

Did they keep it open this whole time?

They did. I don't think they knew how to do things there without Stealthy Ribs.

"Where's the off button?"

• Haha 4

On 8/13/2024 at 7:40 AM, The Lock said:

I just want to say I'm glad this move was made to this new forum and I hope the staff has less stress as a result of having no "higher ups".

Though the old forum has less ads I think. 

1 hour ago, Rocket-68 said:

Actual footage of Canucks front office trying to find the off button that @Ribs installed on CDC forum.

whack-a-molegif.gif

45 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I love the idea that ribs may have made it hard to turn off 

Gives this all the more meaning:

image.gif.13ab2f90a9e815268b84d6575b5694a7.gif

• Like 3

Long overdue, surprised it lasted so long. Wonder if apollo will ever make his way over, he popped up now and again after most folks jumped ship. 

Lot of folks came and went from that site over the years, lot of characters. Ahh well, time marches on. 

I really liked CDC a lot; especially the work Vintage did as well as the moderators.  It

was a great place to Canucks and hockey in general.

Sad that the Canuck organization decided to close it down, but I am so grateful that

this current dedicated and skilled group has managed to offer us a new forum.  They've

put a ton of work into developing this forum and deserve to be acknowledged for their

efforts.

• Like 3
  • Vintage 1

My theory? Killing the message board came down from the league. CDC apparently had more engagement than any fan forum in the league and ownership and management were well aware of the community and was probably just as ticked as the users that a terrific forum for discussion of all things Canucks was being shut down for no good reason. And so, they did nothing. They did not take the site down as a form of silent protest. Sooner or later somebody at league headquarters found out that the forum was still live and move to kill it. Anyway, just a theory, but who really will ever know?

7 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

My theory? Killing the message board came down from the league. CDC apparently had more engagement than any fan forum in the league and ownership and management were well aware of the community and was probably just as ticked as the users that a terrific forum for discussion of all things Canucks was being shut down for no good reason. And so, they did nothing. They did not take the site down as a form of silent protest. Sooner or later somebody at league headquarters found out that the forum was still live and move to kill it. Anyway, just a theory, but who really will ever know?

Ummm yeah. but how does the Washington Caps get to buy CAPFREINDLY and the LEAGUE does not have an issue?

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, EastCoastExpress said:

Ummm yeah. but how does the Washington Caps get to buy CAPFREINDLY and the LEAGUE does not have an issue?

Because one of these things is not like the other? The league owns the team websites and can set the guidelines for content. The league does not own the research and expertise that a member team buys with its own money. 

On 8/20/2024 at 3:41 PM, higgyfan said:

I really liked CDC a lot; especially the work Vintage did as well as the moderators.  It

was a great place to Canucks and hockey in general.

Sad that the Canuck organization decided to close it down, but I am so grateful that

this current dedicated and skilled group has managed to offer us a new forum.  They've

put a ton of work into developing this forum and deserve to be acknowledged for their

efforts.

I kinda felt this was driven by the NHL trying to expand Fan engagement to other teams in this format.

However, no other teams have CANUCKS fans.... it will never work for other teams!

• Like 1