Movie scenes you love.....

The Arrogant Worms

On 9/28/2023 at 5:11 PM, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Too bad they butchered the subtitles. It doesn't even accurately translate a lot of what they're saying.

Anyways, here's another:

Edited by Iron Man
  • Like 1

On 9/28/2023 at 4:45 PM, bishopshodan said:

I love this movie.

I have an old friend that was a stunt woman for this film. 

Filmed on Vancouver Island I believe 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, grumpyone said:

I love this movie.

I have an old friend that was a stunt woman for this film. 

Filmed on Vancouver Island I believe 

i thought it was sunshine coast but I could be wrong. Either way it shows off our awesome BC Westcoast. It's a great lesser known movie. I need to watch it again soon.

11 hours ago, smithers joe said:

thank you grand lady. i love movies that touch my heart. have you still got kin here in smithers? cheers lass.

You are so very welcome, Joe! I watch this every time it shows up on my TV guide and I even went out and bought the book, too.

Fishing was a big thing in our family...my Dad fished Moricetown every July and I seem to remember him going up there later in the summer as well. His plaque is still there on Idiot Rock.

Yeppers, still have family in Smithers... though Barb & Gord have retired/relocated to West Kelowna so they had a rather stressful summer being evacuated and all. Their girls are still in Smithers as well as some of the cousins.

I hope all is well!! Smithers is SO beautiful in the Fall... how well I remember it from when I used to live there, too! 🙃

Edited by Cerridwen
Too many exclamation marks!! :P
  • Like 1

Back when Hong Kong movies were actually good, there was a movie by Johnnie To called "The Mission".  This is a scene where the big boss man (who hired many of his former accomplices to protect him from a hit job) is being protected as they exit a mall filled with assassins.

Trivia note: the boss man (moustached guy with white hair) actually moved to the Lower Mainland prior to filming this moving, and pretty much resides here full time.  That is, if he's still alive.  I occasionally run into him at dim sum or grocery shopping in Richmond.  His name is Eddy Ko (Ko Hung / 高雄 ) and he's a lot less active on the entertainment scene nowadays, owing to the fact that he's in his 70s.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Back when Hong Kong movies were actually good, there was a movie by Johnnie To called "The Mission".  This is a scene where the big boss man (who hired many of his former accomplices to protect him from a hit job) is being protected as they exit a mall filled with assassins.

Trivia note: the boss man (moustached guy with white hair) actually moved to the Lower Mainland prior to filming this moving, and pretty much resides here full time.  That is, if he's still alive.  I occasionally run into him at dim sum or grocery shopping in Richmond.  His name is Eddy Ko (Ko Hung / 高雄 ) and he's a lot less active on the entertainment scene nowadays, owing to the fact that he's in his 70s.

Earlier scene from the same movie quoted above.  This was shortly after the team was assembled but before any of them had built any rapport with each other.

The differences in coordination are stark between the two scenes, masterfully portrayed by the actors, but also well-directed by Johnnie To.