Movie scenes you love.....

The Arrogant Worms

13 hours ago, Cerridwen said:

You are so very welcome, Joe! I watch this every time it shows up on my TV guide and I even went out and bought the book, too.

Fishing was a big thing in our family...my Dad fished Moricetown every July and I seem to remember him going up there later in the summer as well. His plaque is still there on Idiot Rock.

Yeppers, still have family in Smithers... though Barb & Gord have retired/relocated to West Kelowna so they had a rather stressful summer being evacuated and all. Their girls are still in Smithers as well as some of the cousins.

I hope all is well!! Smithers is SO beautiful in the Fall... how well I remember it from when I used to live there, too! 🙃

yes, i remember you telling me about your father and idiot rock. hope all is well with you. are you still in quesnel?

• Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/29/2023 at 12:19 PM, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

The quoted scene above actually comes after this following scene, which I previously shared in the Home Stereo Thread on the old site:

The Infernal Affairs trilogy is brilliant.

Scorsese based The Departed off that series of movies.

2 minutes ago, smithers joe said:

i also had a hitch in my heart during the final scene from the field of dreams. i loved all of kinsella's books and his stories made into movies.

i think it was because, i never had my dad in my life. i know i always enjoyed playing catch with my son. my grandson has no interest in any sports.

computer nerd.

• Huggy Bear 1

8 hours ago, Ilunga said:

One of the most heartbreaking scenes ever.

I watched a clip on scene analysis regarding this one. See his time on bus. No one is looking at him. It is like he isn't really in the world. Very well done.

• Like 2