[Signing] COL signs Kylington to one year $1.05M

I think we are more likely to see a Poolman trade than a D signing. Getting out of that LTR and into accruing extra cap for a Zadorov style trade closer to the deadline makes more sense. This is a good deal for Colorado and he will likely shine there. While we could use another puck mover I suspect management has a bigger fish in mind for later in the year. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Amebushi said:

I think we are more likely to see a Poolman trade than a D signing. Getting out of that LTR and into accruing extra cap for a Zadorov style trade closer to the deadline makes more sense. This is a good deal for Colorado and he will likely shine there. While we could use another puck mover I suspect management has a bigger fish in mind for later in the year. 

There really aren't any UFA blueliners left who belong on an NHL roster for any reason.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, King Heffy said:

There really aren't any UFA blueliners left who belong on an NHL roster for any reason.

So most likely a trade mid season. this is probably the roster coming into training camp. 

• Cheers 1

On 8/6/2024 at 2:48 PM, Amebushi said:

Given the number of trades we had during last season, I think it's safe to say there's a likelihood in such trades happening this coming up season in a similar way. Maybe not as many as last year but still... or maybe there are as many as last year and this is something we'd better get used to. lol

• Cheers 1

18 hours ago, The Lock said:

Given the number of trades we had during last season, I think it's safe to say there's a likelihood in such trades happening this coming up season in a similar way. Maybe not as many as last year but still... or maybe there are as many as last year and this is something we'd better get used to. lol

I agree. If there is one thing that can be said about our current management it’s that they’re constantly on the lookout for improving the roster. We will definitely see a trade or two as early as Christmas. 

• Cheers 1