If the Canucks had to trade either Hughes OR Pettersson who would you pick?

If the Canucks had to trade either Hughes OR Pettersson who would you pick?   

89 members have voted

1. 1. If the Canucks had to trade either Hughes OR Pettersson who would you pick?

• Quinn Hughes
    • Elias Pettersson

Petey Traded, no contest, why? Very good top tier centers don't exactly fall off trees BUT Dmem with the skillset of Hughes is much too hard to replace.

If your looking for a return then it's Hughes who would fetch a much bigger return. 

I had to vote trading Pettersson. Don't get me wrong, I love the guy. But it is ALOT harder to replace a defenceman like Hughes than it is to replace a guy like Pettersson............. man, the season CAN'T start soon enough.

Had to vote trading Pettersson again. Again, I love the guy. But Miller brings 1 thing that is major to me that Petey kind of doesn't. And that's dragging the guys into the fight with him.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

I picked Miller because he is at his absolute peak right now and can only go downhill from here.  Petey hasn’t hit his prime yet.  So, I would try and maximize a trade for Miller by getting another young centre and Dman in the deal and ride with Petey and Hughes for the next decade…

• Like 3

I picked Petey in this situation.  Hughes is the player you build the team around, similar to Bobby Orr.  If Pettersson was closer to McDavid or Gretzky then that would change things.  But IMO Hughes is not only the best Dman in the NHL, he is a top 5 player in the NHL period…

• Cheers 1

Miller.

Pettersson is 5 years younger which gives us a longer window to win a cup. Also, if we're trading one of them this summer Miller likely nets us a larger return due to coming off a stronger season and being a $3.6M lower cap hit.

Miller was more important to the team last season, but Pettersson still has the higher ceiling.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I picked Miller because he is at his absolute peak right now and can only go downhill from here.  Petey hasn’t hit his prime yet.  So, I would try and maximize a trade for Miller by getting another young centre and Dman in the deal and ride with Petey and Hughes for the next decade…

How do you know Petey hasn't reached his peak already and that's it?  What if what we have saw out of him past and present is his max? I'm not saying it's bad, but what if that's it and the best we can do is get him premium linemates to make the best of what he has already?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, iceman1964 said:

How do you know Petey hasn't reached his peak already and that's it?  What if what we have saw out of him past and present is his max? I'm not saying it's bad, but what if that's it and the best we can do is get him premium linemates to make the best of what he has already?

Trust me, I know Petey very well and he’s not even close to his peak yet….  😉

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Trust me, I know Petey very well and he’s not even close to his peak yet….  😉

Explain that.. I'm not going to trust anyone at their word, so tell me how you can tell that  he hasn't reached his peak? I'm open to hearing, I'm just not going to trust some because someone says trust me unless I see proof 

1 minute ago, bishopshodan said:

If you had to get bare knuckle punched in the face by Mike Tyson in his prime, or kicked in the belly by a Mule...

Which would you pick?

I'd pick punched by Mike T, at least you'd probably live, kicked in the stomach by a mule? Could you die from that? Maybe.. I'm not a Dr but maybe..

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, iceman1964 said:

I'd pick punched by Mike T, at least you'd probably live, kicked in the stomach by a mule? Could you die from that? Maybe.. I'm not a Dr but maybe..

Cant believe you would trade Miller!

🙃

• MillerTime 1