NHL Charity Pro Camp at Minoru Arena (Canucks to Attend) - August 26-29

• 3 weeks later...
  • -dlc- changed the title to NHL Charity Pro Camp at Minoru Arena (Canucks to Attend)
  • -dlc- changed the title to NHL Charity Pro Camp at Minoru Arena (Canucks to Attend) - August 26-29

Hey guys. I love hockey.

Day ll today and I focused a bit more on Juulsen and have decided that he's also one of my favourite players...works his butt off. I was leaning that way last year anyhow...now confirmed.

I'm still a little concerned about Joshua...just his body language after skating hard. Maybe it's nothing, but he looks gassed after each sprint. Probably nothing. He did skate hard in the scrimmage at the end mind you, so I'm not THAT concerned.

LOL, there was merging construction traffic on the way to the rink and I cut off two players in a Range Rover who were obviously hurrying to get there and weren't going to let anyone in. They seemingly thought it was funny that I just pushed my way in (saw them laughing in my rear view). Then they pulled in behind me as I parked at the rink. 

I win.

Also, I miss Stech. He's a workhorse who never stops skating and has some nifty moves.

NOTE: I was going to call Children's Services...too many children in Oilers' jerseys...those poor neglected souls.

Pics later (today's turned out much better).

My pictures still suck. I need a new phone.

• Like 2

What a great 4 days of hockey, I'm set for the season to start now!!

It was interesting to see the pace and intensity quicken from Monday to Thursday. Came in full of rust and by yesterday's scrimmage, they were flying.

Burroughs was there (not sure if he was all along, hadn't noticed him until yesterday). I took more notice of Heinen who potted a couple of nice goals.

I was really impressed with Joshua's willingness to stay and sign stuff for the kids long after everyone else had left the ice and gone to grab their lunch.

Stech too - he conducted camps for the kids before his session and did the same....stayed on afterward to "mingle" with the fans/kids and sign stuff. I really am sad he's no longer here...his energy is infectious both during play and also in how he just seems to love the game and want to share that. I think he'll make a great coach one day too. He did a great job with this camp and spent some long days at Minoru..."home".

• Like 2