your title

smithers joe

1 hour ago, MattJVD said:

That's a really great question. I've had two really distinct periods in my adult life and they probably both deserve their own title. In my teens and early 20s I was partying a lot and had problems with alcohol. But I was doing well at work (was in the Army) and my god was I in good shape. 6 - 9 training sessions a week, trying to be well rounded and not focus on just getting bigger. In 2015 I could ruck 40km in a day, run a mile in under 5 minutes, and squat and deadlift respectable weight for reps. It sure helped to get a paid hour in each work day to go to the gym!  

Now I'm an accountant, married with kids, I haven't touched alcohol in 9 years, and I certainly would not be described as a 'partier'. I still try to stay in decent shape, but nothing compared to my Army days. Different goals, just want to be healthy enough to watch my kids grow up and be fit and active when they're adults. If my kids decide they want kids of their own one day, I want to be able to be down on the floor playing with my grand kids.

now, can you break them down to one or two words?

• Like 1

when i worked as a custodian at our high school, i wrote the words of an old frank sinatra tune.

i've been a poet, a pirate, a pawn and a king. then said now i clean to the very bowells of this school.

in fact i've been a selfish kid, a full of wonder dork, a struggler and a put it all together finally.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, smithers joe said:

when i worked as a custodian at our high school, i wrote the words of an old frank sinatra tune.

i've been a poet, a pirate, a pawn and a king. then said now i clean to the very bowells of this school.

in fact i've been a selfish kid, a full of wonder dork, a struggler and a put it all together finally.

i haven't really put it all together but i'm content in my own skin.

• Huggy Bear 1

Still looking for work in the tech industry after a year. So I guess mentally my title would be "a mental roller coaster ride." You'd think that knowing a lot of people are out there in my position right now would help, but it almost makes it feel more depressing because it's more competition. lol

That being said, I'm going on a trip to Germany in a month and a half. I need to see there's more to life than where I'm at. Maybe I'll even be able to network.

Edited by The Lock
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, 6YPE said:

A complete trainwreck. I lost my wife/best friend of 23 years to cancer in March. Watching her die and not being able to do anything about it was the most difficult/traumatic experience I've been through and I don`t know if I will ever recover. 

So sorry Brother.

I would only say that nothing helps dealing with things means speaking with others. 

Also, when dealing with the past, looking at a future helps. 

Light at the end of the tunnel kinda stuff. :classic_smile:

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1