Potential RD Waiver Claims?

NHLer

8 minutes ago, Bane said:

I think Canucks will prefer to give McWard that chance. They have enough vets in the defence group to bring in a younger player to develop. 

Agreed. He didn't look out of place last game, so he'll get two more looks this preseason to be sure. I think McWard has NHL IQ to stick and learn quickly. Plus, Quinn makes anyone look good, sooooo...

Edited by Jester13
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Would definitely pick up Marcus Bjork if he is available.  He would be an instant upgrade on any one of our RHD other than Hronek.  Columbus has too many RHD, so they will need to move at least one, maybe two of them.  

If David Jiricek makes the team then Andrew Peeke might be available as well.  Allvin would probably be all over Bjork as he is Swedish.  6'4" RHD Swedish defencemen are pretty rare...

Yeah the Swede connection is another nice touch! 

It’s hard to have too many 6’4 211lbs RD. 

My only qualm with a McWard/Hughes pair is that he can’t really protect Hughes the same way guys like Schenn can. Maybe he can, but it helps to be one of the bigger guys on the ice most shifts.

Bjork would be.

• Cheers 2

8 minutes ago, cripplereh said:

We don't need another RHD

McWard has looked really good.

We have three others and two need a year maybe two.

Wait till off season and see if we need another, cause right now we don't unless one from our group is traded.

Hronek

Myers

That's the entire list of proven right-handed NHL defensemen this team currently employs.

If they have realistic play-off hopes I would highly suggest they do in-fact need another RHD. 

Personally I think Bear signs around Christmas and plays with Hughes. Hopefully, the fill-ins can tread water until then. But if that's not the plan they need one fast. 

Edited by sashimi

5 minutes ago, sashimi said:

Hronek

Myers

That's the entire list of proven right-handed NHL defensemen this team currently employs.

If they have realistic play-off hopes I would highly suggest they do in-fact need another RHD. 

Personally I think Bear signs around Christmas and plays with Hughes. Hopefully, the full-time can tread water until then. But if that's not the plan they need one fast. 

So when a player looks ready you still would rather go out and trade for one?

McWard in games so far looked better then Bear ever was , so makes 0 sense resigning Bear unless there's an actual injury

• Cheers 2

Just now, cripplereh said:

McWard in games so far looked better then Bear ever was , so makes 0 sense resigning Bear unless there's an actual injury

That's just not true at all. McWard has looked better than expected for sure. But to suggest he has looked better than a proven NHL'er is just an out to lunch take.

McWard would probably be best served with a full season in the A. If he's this teams number one option to play with Hughes we're in for another long year. And that's nothing against McWard, he could be great. It's just not realistic to expect a 21-year-old college FA to be an impact player on a playoff team.

Hughes and Bear were a very solid pair when together last year. Their advanced stats were super strong. Bear would probably be the third best puck mover on this team after Hughes and Hronek. Basing your takes on the eye-test from some pre-season games for McWard when there's actual logged data that shows the success Hughes and Bear have had together just shows me how much critical thought you put into the things you say. Hint, it's not a lot.

• Cheers 2

13 minutes ago, cripplereh said:

McWard can go down to the AHL and continue to develop without requiring waivers. Can be the first injury call up. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, sashimi said:

It's just not realistic to expect a 21-year-old college FA to be an impact player on a playoff team.

I must have missed when this team became a play off team?

Do you have video of that happening?

Now about this lunch, whose buying?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, sashimi said:

That's just not true at all. McWard has looked better than expected for sure. But to suggest he has looked better than a proven NHL'er is just an out to lunch take.

McWard would probably be best served with a full season in the A. If he's this teams number one option to play with Hughes we're in for another long year. And that's nothing against McWard, he could be great. It's just not realistic to expect a 21-year-old college FA to be an impact player on a playoff team.

Hughes and Bear were a very solid pair when together last year. Their advanced stats were super strong. Bear would probably be the third best puck mover on this team after Hughes and Hronek. Basing your takes on the eye-test from some pre-season games for McWard when there's actual logged data that shows the success Hughes and Bear have had together just shows me how much critical thought you put into the things you say. Hint, it's not a lot.

LOL have you watched any games later last year or pre season?

Seems so far many agree as they see the same as I do.

Far as little thought is laughable.

Seems you need to just read and not suggest things that are not true as make you seem to add that to make you look better and does the opposite. Remember that in the future.

1 minute ago, cripplereh said:

LOL have you watched any games later last year or pre season?

Seems so far many agree as they see the same as I do.

Far as little thought is laughable.

Seems you need to just read and not suggest things that are not true as make you seem to add that to make you look better and does the opposite. Remember that in the future.

Bro this doesn't even make sense. 😂😂

You're basing your takes on your own very flawed eye-test. It essentially means nothing. 

I know I'm not gonna get you too admit you're wrong. You're too stubborn for that. But just give it a few months and you will see 🙂

6 minutes ago, cripplereh said:

True but if he out plays others he should stay.

I'd rather have a guy who earned a spot then Myers.

Its kinda the reason Hoglander made the team so early because he would have really strong camps, but looking back he would have probably been better served playing in the AHL. I dont think McWard is ready to handle the workload on a top pairing NHL D man, He doesnt even have a year of pro experience yet which will lead to mistakes against top players. Ignoring salaries I think Myers is the better player of the two. 

Edited by Bure_Pavel

2 minutes ago, cripplereh said:

True but if he out plays others he should stay.

I'd rather have a guy who earned a spot then Myers.

OMG here we go again.

Yes Myers makes a lot of mistakes but if you think he's not better than replacement level players you are not watching the game objectively. Expectations change how we view players. Myers and Bear are both better RHD options than anyone not named Hronek on this roster. If you think otherwise, you're beyond hope.

Just now, sashimi said:

Bro this doesn't even make sense. 😂😂

You're basing your takes on your own very flawed eye-test. It essentially means nothing. 

I know I'm not gonna get you too admit you're wrong. You're too stubborn for that. But just give it a few months and you will see 🙂

Wow still trying to make yourself look good.

I am laughing so hard right now.

Seems many on here see what I have and want McWard on the team.He might not stay but so far he has looked good.

So go back to whatever it is you are doing but please try watching the games.

3 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

Its kinda the reason Hoglander made the team so early because he would have really strong camps, but looking back he would have probably been better served playing in the AHL. I dont think McWard is ready to handle the workload on a top pairing NHL D man, He doesnt even have a year of pro experience yet which will lead to mistakes against top players. 

Yes I see you point but if he is better then other options he will learn and I hope fast.

Just now, Gurn said:

They need to make the play offs- to be a play off team.

results matter.

Holy shi. This is so dumb I'm not even going to get into it.

But if the goal is to make the playoffs, which it is. Management has stated that it is. Then this team should be judged accordingly.

2 minutes ago, sashimi said:

Holy shi. This is so dumb I'm not even going to get into it.

But if the goal is to make the playoffs, which it is. Management has stated that it is. Then this team should be judged accordingly.

did you have like way too much coffee today?

Honestly, not a fan of this type of dialogue.

2 minutes ago, cripplereh said:

Wow still trying to make yourself look good.

I am laughing so hard right now.

Seems many on here see what I have and want McWard on the team.He might not stay but so far he has looked good.

So go back to whatever it is you are doing but please try watching the games.

I'm not trying to do anything but get you to realize how you analyze things and form your opinions is flawed.

There is undeniable data on one side. And on your side there's... hope? wants? fluff? magic? 

There is no quantifiable justification for your views other than "I saw this with my own eyes and I think I'm right so I'm right."

That must be a very scary way to live. I'm just trying to get you to think a little harder. You should be grateful.