[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks Vs. Edmonton Soilers, Rogers Arena, September 30, @ 6PM PST, Preseason Game #4 Redemption

Truefan99

Who will win?  

126 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

2. 2. Which team opens scoring?

3. 3. How many goals will Vancouver score?

This poll is closed to new votes

My vote for lineup:

Hoglander-Petey-Kuzmenko

Bains-Miller-Boeser

Beauvillier-Suter-Garland

Aman-Blueger-Studnicka

Hughes-McWard

Cole-Hronek

Soucy-Myers

I know Bains playing up the lineup won't happen, but this kid has shown he's willing to bang along the boards and retrieve pucks, I think he would surprise. 

Edited by Dom
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

4 minutes ago, Dom said:

My vote for lineup:

Hoglander-Petey-Kuzmenko

Bains-Miller-Boeser

Aman-Blueger-Studnicka

Hughes-McWard

Cole-Hronek

Soucy-Myers

I know Bains playing up the lineup won't happen, but this kid has shown he's willing to bang along on the boards and retrieve pucks, I think he would surprise. 

I actually like this. I would like to see it too. Worry that Bains skating May not allow for him to play against other teams too players. But won’t know until we try 

• Cheers 1

40 minutes ago, Strawbone said:

Apparently there's still a bunch out there, but they haven't been in circulation for some time. I remember them though because I'm old. My brother in law bought a car with $1000's once, the only time I've seen them in person. I'd still be pretty excited to find one in my pocket today. I assume it's still legal tender.

1988-1000-dollar-verso_John-Crow-1200x400.jpg

I remember buying my first used jeep with a few of these pink slips 

1 hour ago, Strawbone said:

Apparently there's still a bunch out there, but they haven't been in circulation for some time. I remember them though because I'm old. My brother in law bought a car with $1000's once, the only time I've seen them in person. I'd still be pretty excited to find one in my pocket today. I assume it's still legal tender.

1988-1000-dollar-verso_John-Crow-1200x400.jpg

Wow i've never seen one, the only bills i could ever afford are these ones.....Scenes of Canada Series $1 Note - Bank of Canada Museum

Edited by Captain Kirk
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Huggy Bear said:

They looked good, and against the top 3 lines of Oilers offence no less. Small sample size, but Fingers crossed he sticks….what an amazing win if we found a young partner for Hughes from the college FA market. He’s been scouted as having 2nd pair upside, so maybe this is more likely than we thought?

Foote/Gonchar could even tailor his development around partnering with Hughes specifically. If we had that solved for the next 2-3 years on the cheap…

Well said my friend! 👍💪

1 hour ago, Dom said:

My vote for lineup:

Hoglander-Petey-Kuzmenko

Bains-Miller-Boeser

Aman-Blueger-Studnicka

Hughes-McWard

Cole-Hronek

Soucy-Myers

I know Bains playing up the lineup won't happen, but this kid has shown he's willing to bang along the boards and retrieve pucks, I think he would surprise. 

Bains has been one of few pleasant surprises so far.  

Blueger and Suter are looking great. Soucy and Cole look solid. 

McWard and Raty have also shown a lot of promise. 

Tons of other youngsters have disappointed. 

12 minutes ago, AatuD2 said:

Bains has been one of few pleasant surprises so far.  

Blueger and Suter are looking great. Soucy and Cole look solid. 

McWard and Raty have also shown a lot of promise. 

Tons of other youngsters have disappointed. 

I think when all is done and videotape has reviewed and Bains will come out near the top of the proscpects in terms of being able to transition to the big leagues. 

The coaching might be downplaying it for now but I think they're thrilled with him up and down the organization. 

Rutherford et al know how to hide their cards I've noticed. 

• Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, Inkidu said:

I think when all is done and videotape has reviewed and Bains will come out near the top of the proscpects in terms of being able to transition to the big leagues. 

The coaching might be downplaying it for now but I think they're thrilled with him up and down the organization. 

Rutherford et al know how to hide their cards I've noticed. 

JR and Allvin know what they have and don’t have. Benning left some good core pieces but he missed on the supporting cast. New management has brought in free agents to cover up for that Benning error. Bains could certainly be a guy who makes us fans forget about Pods, who is looking like a miss. 

• Like 2

Just now, Alflives said:

JR and Allvin know what they have and don’t have. Benning left some good core pieces but he missed on the supporting cast. New management has brought in free agents to cover up for that Benning error. Bains could certainly be a guy who makes us fans forget about Pods, who is looking like a miss. 

Understatement of the year Lol

• ThereItIs 1

19 minutes ago, Hogs and Podz said:

Back in the day when weed wasn't legal... May of my friends grew and that was their main source of income... A number of these guys invested in land and have done well as a result!!!  Anyway, one of these guys would run his product across the border into Washington State.  Get paid top dollar ($3600 to 4,000) per pound!!!  (Called A grade back then).  He would take me out on the town from time to time... Paid for everything... Even took a moment's notice trip to SF to see third row back RHCP concert!  All he paid with were $1000 dollar bills!!!!   Seriously.... One of these night out, I asked him how many bills he hd on him.... He said "not sure... Count them..."  I obliged.  I counted 51 bills!  I was like.. "Dude!!!  What the F are you doing with that much on you!!!!  Dumb ass!!!"  He just shrugged his shoulders and said... "Wanna have fun or what?  Stop whining!!!... Besides, I intentionally unloaded half that roll before we went out, just to conserve a bit."  LOL!!!

We stayed up for 2 and a half days.... Almost spent it all.  Thoughs were the days!   

Back when "a thousand dollars" was actually worth "a thousand dollars".😉

Was your friend Cheech or Chong?🥸

Speaking of which...Off-topic:

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Dom said:

My vote for lineup:

Hoglander-Petey-Kuzmenko

Bains-Miller-Boeser

Aman-Blueger-Studnicka

Hughes-McWard

Cole-Hronek

Soucy-Myers

This will not be a popular comment but I really think it would be better to switch Boeser.  He's not reading plays well and that doesn't allow Miller to do his thing.

We need Miller to do his thing. I hope Rick figures this out. I think Boeser would be motivated to play with Pettesson again. 

• Upvote 1

On 9/29/2023 at 8:31 AM, Outsiders said:

Tocc said game 4 & 6 is going to look like our roster.

Bet it go with something like this based on players performances so far:

Hog-Petey-Kuz

PDG-Miller-Boeser

Beau-Suter-Garland

Aman-Blueger-Stud

Hughes-McWard

Cole-Hronek

Soucy-Myers

DeSmith 

Demko 

I hope your right, and thank God. This team does need to get going for real, "good" mode activate! 

Was hard with all the AHL guys looking to make a step this year. 

Time to get the big boys going now!