[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks Vs. Edmonton Soilers, Rogers Arena, September 30, @ 6PM PST, Preseason Game #4 Redemption

Truefan99

Who will win?  

126 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

2. 2. Which team opens scoring?

3. 3. How many goals will Vancouver score?

This poll is closed to new votes

Just now, Strawbone said:

The three previous games I voted for the opposition to win, in a way to keep my expectations low and not be disappointed. But since I've predicted every result correctly so far, I voted Canucks win, score first, and score 4+ goals tonight.

GCG!

Thanks for doing your part!

On 9/29/2023 at 8:28 AM, DrJockitch said:

This should be first time we see something resembling the NHL lineup. 
Battle at forward look like Studnicka vs Bains for depth winger spot and who knows on D. 

Studnicka with 5 goals in 87 nhl games. I will go with Bains. In limited 4th line minutes I think Bains is good for at least 10 goals. And good forechecking 

Coasting.

Saving themselves for a playoff push                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        

1 hour ago, BlueSteel said:

I think you're close but I think both Briesbois and Wolanin have outplayed Irwin so far this pre-season. I also think they will carry 2 extra D and 1 extra F into the season.

Irwin got bounced around in Edm I think I'd consider him clearing waivers over a young prospect.

Game day!

Stoked to finally see the full roster going.  I'd like to see them try Garland with Miller and Boeser.  He's been one of the hardest working so far and he'd take away attention from the other 2 with how he plays.

Also excited to see how the defense shakes down.  McWard keeps looking better each game, this will be a real treat for him.

Go Canucks Go!!!

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Outsiders said:

Hopefully PDG is a placeholder until Mikheyev is ready because damn that hurts seeing him in the top 6. 

Tocchet likes PDG's ability to make things easier for Miller. 

Miller performs similarly to PDG but with him being an 8 million dollar guy, you want him focusing on puck possession and making plays. PDG wins board battles and gets the puck to the open man very efficiently, which has made him a popular player to play with. Even in Carolina, he was paired with Jordan Staal and Jeff Skinner because he made their life easier despite being mostly a fourth line/depth quality player.

Even when Mikheyev returns, my guess is that PDG stays there until someone else who can do his job and more comes along internally. That spot was originally earmarked for Podkolzin, but he isn't ready. 

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

Looking forward to this one. We need to see some chemistry forming out there now that we have most of the lineup together. Pre season “doesn’t mean anything” is true on the scoreboard, but not to the eye test. McWard has excelled far more than I expected, Boeser has been pretty disappointing so far as have a few of the AHL guys that I was looking forward to seeing. Hoping that things like putting JT’s line out against weaker competition by having Petey and Kuz in the lineup makes everyone look a little better. 

• Cheers 1

Hope this is legal and ok with everybody:

PREVIEW: Canucks host Oilers

NDTR GAMEDAY SAT 30 - REVISED

The Vancouver Canucks host the Edmonton Oilers in a pre-season tilt at Rogers Arena on Saturday night at 6 p.m.

The Canucks are 0-3 thus far in preseason play and the Oilers are 2-2.

The Canucks are commemorating the National Day for Truth and Reconciliation including a ceremonial puck drop, performance of a Coast Salish Prayer Song, moment of silence, and traditional dance to honour victims and survivors of residential schools.https://www.nhl.com/canucks/news/young-artist-learns-coast-salish-artistry-to-co-create-canucks-design-for-truth-and-reconciliation

Tickets

You can purchase tickets here: https://ticket.canucks.com/singlegame

Tune In:

You can watch the game live on Sportsnet Sportsnet ONE, Sportsnet World, and Sportsnet (Pacific).

You can listen live on Sportsnet 650 or player.SPORTSNET650.ca, pre-game starts at 5p.m. with Satiar Shah and Bik Nizzar, and Brendan Batchelor and Brett Festerling will have the call for puck drop.

Lineup

Forwards

Brock Boeser

Conor Garland

J.T. Miller

Nils Höglander

Jack Studnicka

Pius Suter

Phillip Di Giuseppe

Elias Pettersson

Teddy Blueger

Anthony Beauvillier

Arshdeep Bains

Dakota Joshua

Nils Aman

Andrei Kuzmenko

Defencemen

Carson Soucy

Filip Hronek

Quinn Hughes

Filip Johansson

Cole McWard

Guillaume Brisebois

Tyler Myers

Ian Cole

Goalies

Casey DeSmith

Thatcher Demko

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

41 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Yeah the McWard experiment is really interesting.  I don't think i have seen the lad play a bad game yet.  

Only point of interest will be seeing that line up against a big heavy checking team.

They won't have to with our bottom two pairings being really good shut down players.  This is a good looking defence.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, AmyTheGma said:

Now that is a lineup we can get excited about.  Beau I think has earned the promotion back to the top line.

Those d pairings could be nasty if McWard can keep up the pace with Hughes.

Time to show the world what we are capable of doing!

love this lineup 

Nice. looking good. 

Are we able to dress as many players as we want for the game? I think there are 14 forwards, and 8 D listed.