[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks Vs. Edmonton Soilers, Rogers Arena, September 30, @ 6PM PST, Preseason Game #4 Redemption

Truefan99

Who will win?  

126 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

2. 2. Which team opens scoring?

3. 3. How many goals will Vancouver score?

This poll is closed to new votes

4 hours ago, AatuD2 said:

Me too, Bains and Raty have really impressed me in pre-season. 

Bains - Raty - Podkolzin 

There's your top line. 

Abby should be a lot of fun to watch this season. 

1 hour ago, Bobby Lou said:

I feel like a 3rd line of

Hoglander-Suter-Garland be a solid pest line. Hope the boys start to gel. 

Skilled, and fast pests at that. It could be the best identity for that line, given the available players. Depth scoring, and drawing penalties. Maybe being smaller will encourage opponents to retaliate….then on the ensuing powerplay, it’s all red lights and Kuzy cellys 

Edited by Huggy Bear
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Locke Lamora said:

Panic mode isn’t appropriate in my opinion. Instead, “slightly concerned mode” for me. If they lose tonight, and look underwhelming in doing so, then perhaps you might convince me to get to “moderately concerned mode”, but even that’s probably too much.

To be honest, it will probably take them going sub .500 in the first 10 games of the season for me to truly hit the panic button. Still have plenty of time for this team to find their rhythm and show whether or not they will be a good team this year. 

Fair points.

600b8a55c715a7b7b0cc314eefa8c1df.jpg

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Huggy Bear said:

Skilled, and fast pests at that. It could be the best identity for that line, given the available players. Depth scoring, and drawing penalties. Maybe being smaller will encourage opponents to retaliate….then on the ensuing powerplay, it’s all red lights and Kuzy cellys 

It's been a minute since we had a solid dangerous 3rd line. I don't like the fact they're all smaller players but Garly and Hog Def gotta little power stroke motors... could be something there.

7 minutes ago, Huggy Bear said:

Abby gonna be dominant with that top line this year. Be good for Podz to get that experience 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Devron said:

DiGiuseppe in the top 6 this year is a problem. I get that Tocc likes him. I like his work ethic but we gotta score goals. We aren’t going to out defend teams yet. 2-1 wins I just don’t think are realistic with this roster 

I think the reason he’s there is that Mikheyev isn’t ready to go. I agree that I’d prefer to see him in the bottom six. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Devron said:

DiGiuseppe in the top 6 this year is a problem. I get that Tocc likes him. I like his work ethic but we gotta score goals. We aren’t going to out defend teams yet. 2-1 wins I just don’t think are realistic with this roster 

It’s most likely temporary until Mikheyev is back

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Strawbone said:

I think the reason he’s there is that Mikheyev isn’t ready to go. I agree that I’d prefer to see him in the bottom six. 

1 minute ago, Lewlowned said:

It’s most likely temporary until Mikheyev is back

I hope so cause Tocc played the crap out of him in the top 6 late last year. I just don’t want to hate on him. I think DiGiuseppe would be just fine in the bottom 6 

• Like 1

I'm not allowed to tell you that I'm on double secret probation for sussing out and boar-ing in on a certain old ghost poster story; my CFF access is on the line here.

Really looking forward to seeing the team come together and do what they've been taught.

If it works, great!  If it doesn't, talk to the coach, but give it your best now, so we can see what we've got.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, The Duke said:

Hirose is great but he’s also a lefty.  

Bear’s biggest plus is he’s a righty.  He’s not a perfect fit by any means but they played well last year and it’s a premium position.

Oh right, I had him on the wrong side in my head. 

Still, I really would like to see him play. As Donnie said, he could be a lefty Tanev for us

• Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Hopefully Tocchet won`t be too stub-boar-n with the line changes tonight. 

I doubt he holds back anything tonight, as he wants to show the fans how all his hard work has come to fruition and is ready to rock in the soon to come

regular season. Probably has done his best to pass on the sentiment to his rather stacked line-up. Oilers goin down !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!