[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks Vs. Edmonton Soilers, Rogers Arena, September 30, @ 6PM PST, Preseason Game #4 Redemption

Truefan99

Who will win?  

126 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

2. 2. Which team opens scoring?

3. 3. How many goals will Vancouver score?

This poll is closed to new votes

1 minute ago, Rip The Mesh said:

I doubt he holds back anything tonight, as he wants to show the fans how all his hard work has come to fruition and is ready to rock in the soon to come

regular season. Probably has done his best to pass on the sentiment to his rather stacked line-up. Oilers goin down !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Agree. Time to get it done. Talk is cheap. Let's do this!!! 

• Cheers 1

24 minutes ago, Devron said:

DiGiuseppe in the top 6 this year is a problem. I get that Tocc likes him. I like his work ethic but we gotta score goals. We aren’t going to out defend teams yet. 2-1 wins I just don’t think are realistic with this roster 

Reminds me of AV when he first got here.

Filled the lineup with grinders and tried to squeak out 2-1 wins. Problem is Lu still had to stand on his head most nights because we just didn’t have the players to play that style.

Tocchett is going to have to find a balance with this team. We’re not the Knights no matter how much he wishes we were. This team needs to take chances offensively to have success. They just don’t have the size and defensive capabilities to play a grinding game.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Vollmilch90 said:

Oh right, I had him on the wrong side in my head. 

Still, I really would like to see him play. As Donnie said, he could be a lefty Tanev for us

Yeah, I see him the same way! he’s probably first man up if there’s an injury or if we flip Cole/Soucy to the right… but I’m fine with him getting a ton of time in the AHL until there’s a clear spot to him.

• Huggy Bear 1

7 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

DiGiuseppe in the top 6 this year is a problem

He won't be top 6-- He's a placeholder for Mikheyev.  If something happens DJ zappy can do the job well enough to get by but don't take too much from him being where he is right now. He's realistically a 13th/14th forward

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Canuckle said:

He won't be top 6-- He's a placeholder for Mikheyev.  If something happens DJ zappy can do the job well enough to get by but don't take too much from him being where he is right now. He's realistically a 13th/14th forward

Exactly. He’s a bottom 6 forward through and through. But his style of play compliments one of our top players.

That line’s Corsi% was 52.6% last year.  Pretty solid. Out chanced and out scored the competition, 13 GF and 11 GA. 

As Tocchet said, the team is going to win by committee. And PDG has a specific role in that committee and he plays it well. Battles hard in corners, forechecks well, and can dig pucks out. So, it’s nice to have a cog like PDG that can fill in when our top six inevitably has an injury. 

Long term it’s probably not a Stanley Cup Winning line. But it doesn’t have to be.

• Cheers 2

42 minutes ago, Devron said:

I hope so cause Tocc played the crap out of him in the top 6 late last year. I just don’t want to hate on him. I think DiGiuseppe would be just fine in the bottom 6 

Mikheyev was out much of the year and the line was working, so it made sense

I like PDG (if it wasn’t obvious) but I think he’s a fringe player on a good team lol I hope he lands a permanent spot on the bottom six

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, Lewlowned said:

I like PDG (if it wasn’t obvious) but I think he’s a fringe player on a good team lol I hope he lands a permanent spot on the bottom six

So, of the 12 forwards listed for tonight, only 4 (Miller, Pettersson, Boeser, and Kuzmenko) are locks to make the team.

It's a Forward Free For All.

On 9/29/2023 at 4:50 PM, Strawbone said:

Apparently there's still a bunch out there, but they haven't been in circulation for some time. I remember them though because I'm old. My brother in law bought a car with $1000's once, the only time I've seen them in person. I'd still be pretty excited to find one in my pocket today. I assume it's still legal tender.

1988-1000-dollar-verso_John-Crow-1200x400.jpg

My dad gave me one of those once.

Go Nucks!

35 minutes ago, Lewlowned said:

Battles hard in corners, forechecks well, and can dig pucks out. So, it’s nice to have a cog like PDG that can fill in when our top six inevitably has an injury. 

100%. And I really like the idea Tocc et al. are going for. All about specialization. Guys are picked for their abilities to execute specific tasks. PDG doesn't need to score, doesnt need to be great playmaker. Just feed Millsy and Boes pucks. They can do the rest.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Just now, Canuckle said:

100%. And I really like the idea Tocc et al. are going for. All about specialization. Guys are picked for their abilities to execute specific tasks. PDG doesn't need to score, doesnt need to be great playmaker. Just feed Millsy and Boes pucks. They can do the rest.

Yup. Play heavy on the forecheck, be strong along the boards, win puck battles, and be defensively responsible. 

• Cheers 3

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

Reminds me of AV when he first got here.

Filled the lineup with grinders and tried to squeak out 2-1 wins. Problem is Lu still had to stand on his head most nights because we just didn’t have the players to play that style.

Tocchett is going to have to find a balance with this team. We’re not the Knights no matter how much he wishes we were. This team needs to take chances offensively to have success. They just don’t have the size and defensive capabilities to play a grinding game.

5 minutes ago, Canuckle said:

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Yup. Play heavy on the forecheck, be strong along the boards, win puck battles, and be defensively responsible. 

The idea is puck possession. Two play makers and a grinder. We were full of small non-aggresive players who once they lost the puck, were playing in the D zone the rest of the shift.

Tocc wants someone who has the ability to go into the corners and feed the puck to the other two. Like mentioned earlier. 

Ferlund was brought here to do that and that Virtanen kid was supposed to do the same. Mik will probably be the guy on the first line its who will be playing on the second and third line which is in question. 

• Like 1